Forum Jump: 
 15Likes
post #7351 of 7359 Old 12-14-2014, 12:22 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hey guys. Quick question. How much power does the LFM1 EX consume if I leave it on all the time? If everything else is off but I keep that on.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7352 of 7359 Old 12-15-2014, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 135
I measured it a while back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by laugsbach View Post
^^
Regarding Auto Mode, I leave my sub in "ON" mode due to the fact that regardless of mode (on/off/auto), the draw is the same at 12 watts per my kill-a-watt meter.
post #7353 of 7359 Old 12-15-2014, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Cool, thank you. Is it weird that it is the same amount regardless of mode?

Also, is that number on the high side?
post #7354 of 7359 Old 12-15-2014, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04rex View Post
Is it weird that it is the same amount regardless of mode?
I thought so...

Quote:
Also, is that number on the high side?
It is...I wonder if there is a change with the new sub.
post #7355 of 7359 Old 12-15-2014, 09:52 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicKnights View Post
Have had my new Ultra-X12 hooked up for a couple days now and am really enjoying it. I've watched District 9, played Halo 4, and listened to a wide variety of music. So far, one of the most memorable moments with my new sub was a part in the Reclaimer level in Halo 4 where the big ship I was boarded was crashing, and the whole crash sequence sounded awesome.

To make it sounding as good as possible, I'm going to be experimenting with several different locations around the room and several different subwoofer settings over the next couple days. Does anybody have any recommendations for improving the sound of these down firing subs in a room with ceramic tile flooring? I've heard of people putting some cloth or raising it higher. Has anybody with ceramic tile and an Outlaw sub tried anything like that?

Also, when I try the sub out in some of the locations around the room, I figured I'll need an extra few feet of power cord so it can reach my surge protector. Would it be OK to get a longer power cord for this sub? The provided power cord is 6 feet and 18 guage. I was thinking about getting a 10 foot 14 guage cord, but I read somewhere that it's not recommended to have power cables longer then 6 feet for safety reasons. Here's the link to the power cord:
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

I have both my Outlaw subs on Auralex Gramma pads. They are sound isolation risers, or at least they "claim" to be. I thought it made a small difference in sound but others with more technical experience have told me that was nothing but a placebo effect when I have brought it up in the past. Regardless, they are only $40-50 a piece and one that I own, I bought with my Outlaw from someone on this forum. Some people here have also made their own, but I would just as quickly spend the money on a Gramma than try to do it myself. Carpentry isn't really a strong suit of mine. Even if the sound quality did not increase, I still like that they are a little further off the floor.

post #7356 of 7359 Old 12-15-2014, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ookiedukes View Post
Holy crap, it sounded like those cars that you wish didn't pull up to you on the street.
Hahahaha! Yes, I used to be that guy and when I turned up the volume I got all nostalgic . Very happy with the sub, only disappointment is how often I have to turn it down due to the baby sleeping!
post #7357 of 7359 Old Yesterday, 09:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 227
When you are married and especially when you have small children, one of the great joys of life is when you get to be in your house by yourself and can turn up the stereo/HT system to whatever volume you (or the neighbors) can handle! I have a designated theatr room, but the whole house rockes when a good movie is in!

Speaking of which, I watch Guardian of the Galaxy last night. Good movie and very good soundtrack (and Superhero space movies aren't really my deal...). The movie doesn't hit real low, but has a lot of dynamic content and cool content that tests the accuracy of your sub! I ran some scene back and forth with my EMPtek10i10i (a very accurate sub, but limtied in tis output and deep low end) and the outlaw LFM-1 plus and both hits the scenes with excellence! As I said, the Outlaw with get lower and has more output AND has the degree of accuracy in the mid bass that I have come to expect after listen to my EMP, so I am please with it so far!
grizimes likes this.

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
post #7358 of 7359 Unread Yesterday, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 115
Yes solo watching can be nice to really get to crank it. I watched DOFP while my son was taking his nap and my dad mentioned when I came out of the basement that I was shaking the upstairs.

My Basement HT/Gaming/Bar Space.

Official Hip Hop Thread

Equipment

Epson 8350 on a 100" Visual Apex screen, Pioneer VSX-53, Polk RTi A5(x2) CSi 5 RTi A1 (x2) RTi 4(x2), Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX, PS3, XBox 360 with HD-DVD add-on.
post #7359 of 7359 Unread Today, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 227
Supakats, that is one hell of a theater/game room you have! Nice work! Do you hire out?

Set up #1: EMP e5ti, e5Ci, and SLS Q line Audio surrounds, EMP 10i10i sub
Set up #2: Def Tech SM450, CLR2002, SLS Qline surrounds and Klipsch 12wD sub
Set up #3: JBL130, JBL120C and Klipsch synergy sub
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page