Official Outlaw Owners thread - Page 253 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

Forum Jump: 
 39Likes

post #7561 of 7580 Old 11-23-2016, 02:20 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmastaflexx View Post
Thats great to hear! I was worried as I didnt see many reviews of the Ultra X12 but bought it as it was on sale for Black Friday. Looks like best bang for the $.. I might try them both together and if I run into trouble will try to sell the old Klipsch I guess
Once you get the X12 configured, I recommend trying it with the pod race scene from Star Wars The Phantom Menace. It's awesome.

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7562 of 7580 Old 11-25-2016, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1529 Post(s)
Liked: 1314
The X12 is a fantastic sub!! You will be in for a treat for sure, along with the pod race scene, I recommend watching War Of The Worlds!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
post #7563 of 7580 Old 11-25-2016, 04:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmaniacon View Post
The X12 is a fantastic sub!! You will be in for a treat for sure, along with the pod race scene, I recommend watching War Of The Worlds!

Nice! Will do.. What setting do you guys run ur X12 in? Should I leave it on Max output or Max Extender? Dont want to keep changing the setting and I do 80% movies 20% music.
post #7564 of 7580 Old 11-25-2016, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1529 Post(s)
Liked: 1314
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldmastaflexx View Post
Nice! Will do.. What setting do you guys run ur X12 in? Should I leave it on Max output or Max Extender? Dont want to keep changing the setting and I do 80% movies 20% music.

I use mine in max extension mode since I'm in an apartment and don't need all the output. Even still I'm only at 25% gain and -6dB trim in my receiver and it's quite loud. Unless you're in a massive room I would keep it in extension mode.

Samsung PN60F5300 | Denon AVR-1713 | EMP E55Ti | EMP E56Ci | EMP E5Bi | Outlaw Ultra-X12
post #7565 of 7580 Old 11-30-2016, 05:33 PM

Official Outlaw Owners thread

Hey guys,
I finally hooked up my ultra x12! How did you guys get the brown sticker of the sub? I can't seem to remove it and trying to peel it is a slow process.

Also do you use the receiver to set the crossover or are you using the settings on the sub?

post #7566 of 7580 Old 11-30-2016, 07:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 277
I bought an X-12 last year. After a few months I just slowly peeled back the brown paper to expose the nice top. And settings are in my AVR using the LFE input. Set the crossover dial accordingly in back, read the Outlaw manual; good luck
post #7567 of 7580 Old 12-01-2016, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks1 View Post
I bought an X-12 last year. After a few months I just slowly peeled back the brown paper to expose the nice top. And settings are in my AVR using the LFE input. Set the crossover dial accordingly in back, read the Outlaw manual; good luck

Do you mainly use it in extended mode or max output? I tested extended mode all night and feels like it's missing that extra thump.

post #7568 of 7580 Old 12-01-2016, 07:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 594 Post(s)
Liked: 277
So far primarily have both ports open. I am not a big basshead, but do plan to experiment more with 1 port plugged. It's at our vacation/2nd home so don't have much time there to play with my audio toys enough
post #7569 of 7580 Old 12-03-2016, 06:38 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I got my 2 Outlaw subs Monday and set them up. I haven't had time to recalibrate my room yet. I was wondering if anyone has ran one in extended mode, and other in max? If there would be any benefit to trying this?
post #7570 of 7580 Old 12-05-2016, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Got my one outlaw today, i love how heave it is! unfortunately i scratched my floor a tiny bit...

any good netflix movies w/ bass? I have BluRays im dying to try but my PS3 died literally the day I got my outlaw!!!
post #7571 of 7580 Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Your Outlaw scared your PS3 to death?

unavol
------------------------------------
There's nothing to see here.
post #7572 of 7580 Old Yesterday, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Haha yea. There was a scene were a building collapsed and the sub was so powerful.

I have it by main speakers up front but I was going to try move it next to the main listening position.
post #7573 of 7580 Old Today, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 16
PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT about experience with Outlaw Audio

Hi All, haven't posted here in awhile due to selling my two lfm-1 plus subs after a horrible experience with Outlaw customer service. Two years later, I just had another AWFUL experience with them and wanted to share with everyone. Call me a troll if you'd like, but I am not the type of person who normally gets on the internet just to let others know about a bad experience. I had posted awhile back about an issue I had with my subs. Unavol had asked me about it via PM, and due to the sensitive nature at the time, I did not want to publicly state the outcome. Due to my recent experience, I no longer care what Outlaw thinks of me so here is a slimmed down version of my private message to Unavol two years ago.

Outlaw owners thread-Post 7378
Hey. I was reluctant to post in the thread so thought I would answer your question in post 7378 through pm...outlaw accused me (on phone) of bashing them on this forum when I expressed my frustrations with their service in my posts. They ended up agreeing to go above and beyond and have me send the sub in, which in my opinion, was because they thought I was tarnishing their reputation. Their determination ended up being that moisture caused my cabinet paint to crack, and just sent the sub back to me. According to Diane, The determination was made by running their hand over it and feeling a raised area, which is ridiculous... (Of course it was slightly raised, the paint was flaking upwards). They also tried to make me pay shipping on the way back to me. When I mentioned Diane had agreed to cover it, Diane told me I was calling her a liar and tried to hang up on me. I even asked to pull the tape of our convo but they don't record calls. It was the worst customer service I have EVER had, and I am absolutely disgusted with Diane at outlaw.... So much that I wrote a page letter to the president of outlaw. He responded by saying that he's worked with her for 20+ years, no apology at all for my experience, and said he's never been given a reason to doubt her attitude or service. In my opinion, he basically dismissed the whole letter because they are buddy buddy, which I figured would happen with a small company like this. I ended up selling both my sub's shortly after.

Last edited by mattdub1; Today at 03:52 PM.
post #7574 of 7580 Old Today, 02:57 PM

Now, the newest issue ----I decided to give outlaw another shot two years later and ordered an OAW4 on 11/22. I received a confirmation email saying it would ship within 5 business days. I never heard anything after that, so decided to call. When I spoke to someone this morning, I was told I needed to speak to one of the “managing partners”, but nobody could give me any info. When he finally called back this afternoon, I was told that “It wasn’t worth their time to sell me a product and potentially have another issue with me, because their philosophy is that if I have an issue with one product I will have issues with another”. We are not even talking remotely the same products here! He also kept repeating how “they just don’t make much money on the OAW4 so it’s not worth the risk to them”. UNBELIEVABLE!! I sat here for two weeks thinking they were shipping me something and when I asked why on earth I had to call in to find this out, he said “yeah you have a point there, sorry”!! I asked why their company would not do business with me for having a complaint two years ago about the customer service I received. He said, “well if I recall, we paid for shipping both ways as a courtesy due to the circumstances and that cost us a lot of money”. Isn’t that part of being a business and especially an internet company?? The fact that sometimes a warranty issue is not clear via email pics and the customer needs to send it in for inspection?? I understand that outlaw’s policy is usually customer pays at least one of the ways for shipping, but THEY DID THIS AS A “COURTESY” to me, and then turn around and won’t sell me future products because of it?????

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that outlaw will no longer sell products to me because I had issues with one of their products and their service.

Oh, and I asked if they were part of Better Business Bureau so I could file a complaint and also let them know I would be posting here about my experience… he said I was more than welcome to write a complaint but that they’ve had people, on rare occasions, complain before on the forums and everyone loves their products and so many people have had such great experiences with their customer service. He seemed to imply that voicing my concerns would not matter.

The numerous experiences I have had with Outlaw have left me with a disgusting taste in my mouth for a company that I once greatly respected......

Last edited by mattdub1; Today at 04:42 PM.
post #7575 of 7580 Old Today, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1077 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Sorry to hear of your bad experiences, Matt. This is where companies like PSA and SVS really shine. They have the best customer service available.
post #7576 of 7580 Old Today, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIX_MASTER_ICE View Post
Sorry to hear of your bad experiences, Matt. This is where companies like PSA and SVS really shine. They have the best customer service available.
agreed! I now have two SVS PB13 ultras and have dealt with SVS customer service numerous times and they are top notch!!
post #7577 of 7580 Old Today, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

Well, to be fair...SVS charges a hell of a lot more money on their subs and would probably just eat the cost of a sub replacement, even if they thought it was the guys fault (i.e., water damage).

People who buy outlaw do it for most bang for the buck.
post #7578 of 7580 Old Today, 04:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1077 Post(s)
Liked: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiceborn View Post
Well, to be fair...SVS charges a hell of a lot more money on their subs and would probably just eat the cost of a sub replacement, even if they thought it was the guys fault (i.e., water damage).

People who buy outlaw do it for most bang for the buck.
Outlaw Ultra-X12 is $723 shipped, so I wouldn't say that SVS charges "a hell of a lot more money on their subs." The PB-2000 is $800, is a better sub than the Ultra-X12, has a better warranty, free audition period, better perks and excellent customer service. When the Ultra-X12 is on sale a couple of times a year for $550, it's a good deal for what you are getting. Otherwise, the Ultra-X12 is actually not a very good buy.
post #7579 of 7580 Old Today, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Outlaw Ultra-X12 is $723 shipped, so I wouldn't say that SVS charges "a hell of a lot more money on their subs." The PB-2000 is $800, is a better sub than the Ultra-X12, has a better warranty, free audition period, better perks and excellent customer service. When the Ultra-X12 is on sale a couple of times a year for $550, it's a good deal for what you are getting. Otherwise, the Ultra-X12 is actually not a very good buy.
I agree ... budget was big on my list when I was looking at my first LFM-1 plus. I remember other folks saying that a better sub could not be had for the sale price points they had... but at full price, there were better options for the same or minimal additional cost.
post #7580 of 7580 Old Today, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdub1 View Post
I agree ... budget was big on my list when I was looking at my first LFM-1 plus. I remember other folks saying that a better sub could not be had for the sale price points they had... but at full price, there were better options for the same or minimal additional cost.

Exactly I got mine for $550 still testing it though .. the SVS was like 250 more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page