Join Date: Nov 2014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hate to dig up an old post from the far reaches of the pages of the forum, but I have a dilemma regarding what Jamo subwoofer should I get.
My set-up is as follows and yes, I know it's a bit old, but it does the job and I'm satisfied with them:
Fronts are Jamo S718, rears are Jamo Studio 180 and both are driven by Kenwood KRF-X9070D.
My question is: should I get one Jamo D600 Sub or two Jamo SUB660? I will eventually upgrade to a 9.2 receiver, but until then, I will buy one of these.
My use will be about 90% HT and the rest of 10% music and games.
The room is about 6m x 10m x 2m but it's in the attic of a house and all the walls are made of drywall and the total surface of the attic is a lot bigger.
Other suggestions are welcomed but since I already own 4 Jamo speakers and I like how they sound, I said that keeping in the Jamo family is a good option and also where I live I don't have that many options to select from.
Price-wise, the D600 is double compared with SUB660 so is going the extra mile worth the larger driver and THX certification?
I have not heard either of the subs but since I know they are both good, which configuration is better for a clear, crisp and couch-moving sound?
I recently saw Interstellar in my local IMAX theater and the opening scene really impressed me. That is what I want to achieve in my room.
Receiver: Kenwood KRF-X9070D
Front: Jamo S 718
Rear: Jamo Studio 180
TV: SONY Bravia KDL55HX850
Blu Ray: SONY BDP S590