post #3271 of 20368 Old 06-30-2008, 11:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyMMB View Post

REW is extremely easy to use. Just read the manual to calibrate your soundcard and mic, and from there on out the software will handle the sweep and measurement at the press of a button, and you can adjust the parameters of the sweeps and tones if needed. I see no benefit in attempting to use a CD rather than allowing REW to do all the work for you. Give REW a try and forget about the CD.

Frosty ok thanks just seemed like a lot of work having to find a mic and all. Can't find where it explains what equipment I will need? Like what type of mic? Where would you find mics for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3272 of 20368 Old 06-30-2008, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERMANROB View Post

Frosty ok thanks just seemed like a lot of work having to find a mic and all. Can't find where it explains what equipment I will need? Like what type of mic? Where would you find mics for this?

I think you just use the "line out" from your SPL meter to the "line in" on your soundcard.

~kyle
post #3273 of 20368 Old 06-30-2008, 11:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

Simplest and probably most inexpensive mic to use is the Radio Shack SPL meter.

Life is good.
post #3274 of 20368 Old 06-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhan1000 View Post

Simplest and probably most inexpensive mic to use is the Radio Shack SPL meter.

I have one of those(SPL meters). I can use it as a mic? How do I plug it into the imac?
post #3275 of 20368 Old 06-30-2008, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:

I have one of those(SPL meters). I can use it as a mic? How do I plug it into the imac?

it has a "line out" jack on the side of it. You just need a cable to plug it into your "line in" on your soundcard.

~kyle
post #3276 of 20368 Old 06-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemitchell View Post

it has a "line out" jack on the side of it. You just need a cable to plug it into your "line in" on your soundcard.

what kind of cable?
post #3277 of 20368 Old 06-30-2008, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Quote:

what kind of cable?

It's all in the REW setup guide, explained very clearly with text and pictures.
post #3278 of 20368 Old 06-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbri View Post

It's all in the REW setup guide, explained very clearly with text and pictures.

Ok I'm a bonehead could you do me a favor and add the link to the REW setup guide please,I can't find it!
post #3279 of 20368 Old 06-30-2008, 06:58 PM

Rob, I gave you the link already in this post. If you have downloaded REW, the manual is included. You just need to read it. Everything else is explained, in detail, and all your questions will be answered in the link I gave you in my earlier post to you.
post #3280 of 20368 Old 06-30-2008, 09:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyMMB View Post

Rob, I gave you the link already in this post. If you have downloaded REW, the manual is included. You just need to read it. Everything else is explained, in detail, and all your questions will be answered in the link I gave you in my earlier post to you.

Frosty yes you did sorry about that .........thank you again
post #3281 of 20368 Old 07-01-2008, 01:12 PM

I just joined the Epik family after my conversation with Chad and ordered 2 Knights.

I had a short list of Ideas and talked to some other companies but when Chad got on the phone and we started talking about his subs, ideas he had and suggestions I knew right then that this is where I ws buying my subs!!
Man is my wife going to sh**!! But its easier to ask for foregiveness than permission. Honey I don't know what happened but they multiplied!!

So Thanks again to Chad and his EXCELLENT SERVICE and know I have to sit and wait. Anybody have an I dea on how quick they are turning them out as I forgot to ask that question?
post #3282 of 20368 Old 07-01-2008, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Chad is awesome. And his subs......even more. I've been playing with my Tower since I got em last Friday. Talk about full bodied bass. Got them set a 150Hz casue my fronts are lacking, and gain a little above half. This baby rumbles- effortlessly. I'm running out of movies and music to play with it. I've watched "The Incredibles" like 3 times. This sub is just amazing. Sadly, the other corner of my ht room looks a bit empty. Dual?!? hmm

You'll rarely hear anyone say, "I wish I'd gotten less Sub."

$ubwoofer$ and premium mango tree cultivar$

post #3283 of 20368 Old 07-01-2008, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

the average wait time is about a month. +/- some days. Welcome to the EPIK family
ON IN II.

You'll rarely hear anyone say, "I wish I'd gotten less Sub."

$ubwoofer$ and premium mango tree cultivar$

post #3284 of 20368 Old 07-02-2008, 12:47 AM

Thanks TnTBigman. Glad to hear you like the Tower. I really wanted two Castles or Towers but the budget couldn't do it.
It would be a crying shame to leave that Tower all alone all day!! I am sure it wouyld love a playmate as would you.
Now that I ordered my Knights I am going to have to find something else to do in my free time until they show up.
I have started to read the REW stuff to get familar with it but I am pretty computer illiterate when iit comes to this high tech stuff. (My first car had an 8 track player in it)That should keep me busy a while when they show up.
Chad told me that after awhile I'll get use to the bass and want to upgrade as that has happened to him so often he has 4 Conquest's in his room.
Man I need that remote from "Click".
post #3285 of 20368 Old 07-02-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 dB per octave View Post

I'm still trying to find someone in the SF Bay Area who's willing to let me audition a Valor. (Maybe there aren't any?) I'm in Santa Rosa & willing to drive.

Thanks, Alan

bumb...still looking....I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps only a few Valors have ever been shipped??
post #3286 of 20368 Old 07-02-2008, 10:51 AM
SRR
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24 dB per octave View Post

bumb...still looking....I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps only a few Valors have ever been shipped??

Maybe it is you, try some deodorant and take a shower....

JK JK JK JK, the only conclusions I have, is that A) for $50 more you can have a Knight B) Californians like making their own quakes and thus a ported subs more output might be better*

*further research is being conducted, on the association of earth quakes and the arrival of ported subs and sealed subs to your area, to be continued.
post #3287 of 20368 Old 07-03-2008, 07:02 AM

Just got my Castle, shipped in 2 weeks just like they said. thanks again for your help chad and karen. this thing is a beast, have only been playing with it for a day or two but it really pressurizes my one bedroom condo
post #3288 of 20368 Old 07-03-2008, 09:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savefarris View Post

Just got my Castle, shipped in 2 weeks just like they said. thanks again for your help chad and karen. this thing is a beast, have only been playing with it for a day or two but it really pressurizes my one bedroom condo

I'm sure your neighbors will be thrilled!
post #3289 of 20368 Old 07-05-2008, 07:29 PM

I have skimmed through the entire Epik thread and have not seen this question. However, if it is here then please forgive me. I have two Klipsch KW120 THX Ultra II subs with the KA1000 THX Amplifier. I wanted to know if any could suggest a reasonable replacement within the Epik line. A choice that would be less expensive but perhaps comparable?? Not sure. I am selling the Klipsch and the Epik subs look wonderful. thanks for any thoughts with this.
post #3290 of 20368 Old 07-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adminba View Post

I have skimmed through the entire Epik thread and have not seen this question. However, if it is here then please forgive me. I have two Klipsch KW120 THX Ultra II subs with the KA1000 THX Amplifier. I wanted to know if any could suggest a reasonable replacement within the Epik line. A choice that would be less expensive but perhaps comparable?? Not sure. I am selling the Klipsch and the Epik subs look wonderful. thanks for any thoughts with this.

How much did you pay for your subs and amp? The Klipsch site lists a retail of $3900 for the trio.

Also, Is space a limitation? Most of the Epik subs are a bit larger than your current Klipsch.
post #3291 of 20368 Old 07-05-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Noah_ View Post

How much did you pay for your subs and amp? The Klipsch site lists a retail of $3900 for the trio.

Also, Is space a limitation? Most of the Epik subs are a bit larger than your current Klipsch.

I paid $2400.00 for both subs and amp. Basically got a great deal on the set. Space is not a limitation at all. It is 3000 cubic foot room. Do you think two of their smaller ported sub will match well?
post #3292 of 20368 Old 07-05-2008, 11:00 PM
AVS Special Member

i have a new house. my room i guess 3000cu ft. sealed. i am set up but never have watched a movie here. have twin towers with 340se ascends in a 7.2 setup.
just watched pods emerging in war of the worlds.
the smile on my face is probably permanant.
wow!
i had to turn it down for i was fearing for the house
this in non treated crappy room
is scary
post #3293 of 20368 Old 07-07-2008, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ON IN II View Post

I just joined the Epik family after my conversation with Chad and ordered 2 Knights.

I had a short list of Ideas and talked to some other companies but when Chad got on the phone and we started talking about his subs, ideas he had and suggestions I knew right then that this is where I ws buying my subs!!
Man is my wife going to sh**!! But its easier to ask for foregiveness than permission. Honey I don't know what happened but they multiplied!!

So Thanks again to Chad and his EXCELLENT SERVICE and know I have to sit and wait. Anybody have an I dea on how quick they are turning them out as I forgot to ask that question?

I ordered a Tower on June 21, and it has yet to ship. When I spoke to Karen on the phone she said that typical wait time for shipping was at 3 weeks, and said that they hadn't gotten up to 4 weeks yet. Reading through this thread though it seems some may have had to wait 4-5 weeks total (to their door) so if my sub gets here by July 21st I'll be a pretty happy camper. Would be glad to have it sooner though if you're reading guys!!

-Chad
post #3294 of 20368 Old 07-08-2008, 02:14 PM

So after the long weekend and sitting around thinking about the Knights I ordered my mind starting thinking and .........
I called and changed my order to a Conquest
I figured if I am going to spend over $1500.00 for the Knights I might as well spend the extra few $$$ to get the Conquest.
So after talking with Chad and receiving over $200.00 in Visa G/Cards for my B-Day it is done.
Now I really can't wait but I know it will be worth it.
post #3295 of 20368 Old 07-08-2008, 03:06 PM
AVS Special Member

I am jealous! I could not bring myself to spend the extra $500 for the Conquest over the Tower, but being that the Tower is the first home audio subwoofer I will have ever owned I think I will be quite impressed

I spoke to Chad this morning and he said that my Tower would ship out either this week or next!!

-Chad
post #3296 of 20368 Old 07-08-2008, 03:23 PM

I only did it because of the extra cash that came in. The Tower is gonna Rock when you get it!! I know I would have been very happy with the Knights but for me the differece was only $100.00 after the G/Cards so what the heck.

Please make sure you post your thoughts after you've had time to play with it.

Hope the time passes quickly
post #3297 of 20368 Old 07-08-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON IN II View Post

So after the long weekend and sitting around thinking about the Knights I ordered my mind starting thinking and .........
I called and changed my order to a Conquest
I figured if I am going to spend over $1500.00 for the Knights I might as well spend the extra few $$$ to get the Conquest.
So after talking with Chad and receiving over $200.00 in Visa G/Cards for my B-Day it is done.
Now I really can't wait but I know it will be worth it.

You're gonna love it. I've had mine since April....it's absolutely amazing. I'm ordering my second one later on tonight.
post #3298 of 20368 Old 07-08-2008, 04:49 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfsong View Post

You're gonna love it. I've had mine since April....it's absolutely amazing. I'm ordering my second one later on tonight.

Two Conquests?! What size room is this in? What are your main speakers that will keep up with 2 of those guys?
post #3299 of 20368 Old 07-09-2008, 04:11 PM

Yeah, what size rooms do people have with which sub? I am curious about what each person thinks and if they should have gone bigger or if they think they could have gone smaller?
My room is 20 x 25 x 10 and is open to the kitchen (2500 cu ft) and a really open foyer and den. Does anyone have a conquest in a large room and how does it sound?

I will be sitting 15' from the Conquest and it will be directly in front behind the TV stand in the media niche. I am hoping it will kick some a** and I will be able to feel it both in the midbass punch and low end. Chad said it could go down to 10 hz in the niche.

I may add a MBM-12 down the road when I build up my secret married man stash of $$$$ again. If my wife knew what I actually spent on my Speakers, Center channel, AVR, CD/SACD/DVD player, tape deck and sub she would divorce me and take all the equipment in the the settlement.

Did I mention my wife has a 1000w stereo system w/2 12" subs with 1000w amps each in her Xterra?

She just turned 48!!!!!!!!
She is the coolest when it comes to music!!
post #3300 of 20368 Old 07-09-2008, 04:44 PM

My 4 Knights will be shipping out this Friday, I should have them middle of next week. 3 weeks from order.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Epik Legend Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page