Old 01-28-2009, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERMANROB View Post

What about the Ultra vs 2 Caliber's? get another caliber or or buy an Ultra and sell the caliber? Just thinking out loud

2 great subs are better than 1 super great sub IMO. Otherwise, I would just sell my Tower and get a Conquest.

Alcohol. The cause of and solution to all of life's problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2009, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ON IN II View Post

Both Karen and Chad at Epik told me that the end of January, beginning of Febuary is when they would begin taking orders again. Don't know if that will happen but is what I was told. Someone else on here posted they were quoted the same time frame and when my Father called them 2 weeks ago, Chad told him the same thing.
So if you want to call that "Speculated", considering it came from the owner of the company, go ahead. Some other's are assuming (Don't know why they would, considering what happens when you assume) that it will " NOT be anytime soon". So you can take the info provided and make up your own mind.

Have you tried calling them and asking them? I know that in the case of my Father, Chad took his number so he can call him back (he said in a few weeks)when they start taking orders again so he can take his order for a Tower.
Hopefull they will be able to come through on their time frame. I know that would make all of us here very happy if we didn't have to wait much longer.

Everything is speculation right now with Epik until they are actually taking orders again Even the owner of the company can't tell you when his suppliers will come through with the product he's so anxiously been awaiting he can only go by their "best estimates". Trust me I've been working in industries where product supply is king for a very long time, and it's all speculation even from the owner of any organization on down. The further you get down the chain the more "optimistic" estimates become.

If it happens on February 1 I will be ecstatic for Epik again so I can begin pointing people at their website to purchase Towers!!
Old 01-28-2009, 11:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Can one epik conquest out perform dual hsu 3.3 turbos?I have the hsu subs and been thinking about replacing them
With the conquest. Will the difference be night and day? Right now my subs are flat to 13hz.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:24 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

Can one epik conquest out perform dual hsu 3.3 turbos?I have the hsu subs and been thinking about replacing them
With the conquest. Will the difference be night and day? Right now my subs are flat to 13hz.

Yes.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Got a call from Greg last night which caught me by surprise as I didn't recongize the out of state number and probably came off as a little rude when I answered...sorry Greg. Everything looks good for the estimated delivery date (Feb 9) of the Conquest and he stated that they are using a new packaging system to ease shipment of the monster sub.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt34 View Post

Got a call from Greg last night which caught me by surprise as I didn't recongize the out of state number and probably came off as a little rude when I answered...sorry Greg. Everything looks good for the estimated delivery date (Feb 9) of the Conquest and he stated that they are using a new packaging system to ease shipment of the monster sub.

Epik has someone working there named Greg now? I wonder who he is.... I've only heard of Chad (the owner) and Karen (customer service) before.

Glad to hear they are doing something new with packaging the Conquests. Did they say what was different, or what carrier will deliver it?
Old 01-29-2009, 08:01 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by thirdeye11 View Post

Epik has someone working there named Greg now? I wonder who he is.... I've only heard of Chad (the owner) and Karen (customer service) before.

Glad to hear they are doing something new with packaging the Conquests. Did they say what was different, or what carrier will deliver it?

Yeah, I meant Chad...don't know where Greg came from.

I forget the carriers name but Chad said the box will be more managable but I really didn't press him for specifics. I'll be sure to post pics when it arrives and for the unveiling.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:34 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemitchell View Post

Not if he has gas heat and possibly gas appliances. If so, that's actually pretty common.

I'm not so sure about that. FWIW, I have 200 amp service in my new house and have gas heat, a gas hot water heater, a gas stove, and a gas dryer.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Anybody know when the Epik Castle will be selling again?

Joe V.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked: 1170
this is no shame on epik, suppliers are blowing up everywhere.

loud technologies (the parent of mackie and lots of other brands) has delisted.

http://www.loudtechinc.com/news/2009...15_nasdaq.html

apparently, one of their suppliers blew up and they lost half their manufacturing capacity. this global shock is hitting home. expect more of this from epik, elemental, av123...all the brands around here. give them the benefit of the doubt through it all. it just plain sucks to see this.

Listen. It's All Good.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:28 AM

Liked: 12
evidently while sub sales are doing great from all the people getting into HD tvs and HT, some of the amps a and drivers are made by companies whos volumes are way down with other products.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:03 PM

Liked: 16
Finally got a response from Epik re sub availability. As of today they're saying at least another month before they start taking orders again. That's a minumum time frame and it could be longer. Guess I'll wait it out.

DANger
Old 02-03-2009, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON IN II View Post

Both Karen and Chad at Epik told me that the end of January, beginning of Febuary is when they would begin taking orders again. Don't know if that will happen but is what I was told. Someone else on here posted they were quoted the same time frame and when my Father called them 2 weeks ago, Chad told him the same thing.
So if you want to call that "Speculated", considering it came from the owner of the company, go ahead. Some other's are assuming (Don't know why they would, considering what happens when you assume) that it will " NOT be anytime soon". So you can take the info provided and make up your own mind.

Have you tried calling them and asking them? I know that in the case of my Father, Chad took his number so he can call him back (he said in a few weeks)when they start taking orders again so he can take his order for a Tower.
Hopefull they will be able to come through on their time frame. I know that would make all of us here very happy if we didn't have to wait much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danger dan View Post

Finally got a response from Epik re sub availability. As of today they're saying at least another month before they start taking orders again. That's a minumum time frame and it could be longer. Guess I'll wait it out.

Looks like it was speculation as I suspected.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:45 AM
AVS Special Member

This gives me time to buy matching surrounds, a good blu-ray player, and a capable graphics card.

You'll rarely hear anyone say, "I wish I'd gotten less Sub."

$ubwoofer$ and premium mango tree cultivar$

Old 02-03-2009, 10:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post

I'm not so sure about that. FWIW, I have 200 amp service in my new house and have gas heat, a gas hot water heater, a gas stove, and a gas dryer.

That's cool. Doesn't really contradict what I said though. It is not uncommon for a home with gas heat and appliances to have a 100 amp service at least in this part of the country. But I'm only basing that off of my 25 years experience as a licensed electrician.

Personally I wouldn't have a home with less than a 200 amp service, but trust me, there's plenty out there with less.

Now...back to sub talk.

~kyle
Old 02-05-2009, 09:56 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post

When you decide to pick up a epik conquest. Do they still pack it in a wooden crate?

A very large wooden crate. I still havn't taken mine out yet.

Old 02-05-2009, 10:15 AM
AVS Special Member

gotta love that new subwoofer smell...huh! . Whats the total weight of the crate + contents (sub and foam) ?

Old 02-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
WOW...that is intimidating.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

wait till it speaks .

Old 02-06-2009, 12:49 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTBigman View Post

gotta love that new subwoofer smell...huh! . Whats the total weight of the crate + contents (sub and foam) ?

Total shipping weight says 235lbs. I've been going to the gym lately to prep myself for the subwoofer removal. I almost bought a second one to fill in the gap on the otherside for a room that is 12X20 w/ 5/8 double drywall and Green Glue. I held off so I can see and feel what one conquest can do in this size of a room. I have a Yamaha RX-Z7 on the way so I'll update this thread and let you know how much structural damage this thing can cause.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:41 AM

Chiming in here to say I'm a proud owner of the Knight. I managed to order it about 2 days before everything on the site except the Conquest got marked out of stock. Although it is their smallest ported sub it completely kicks the pants off my old Def Tech 8" sub. Words cannot describe how pleased I am with the earthquakes this thing can create.

Luckily I live within driving distance of Epik so I was able to pick it up myself. Chad was very pleased when I showed up with an Expedition. He said too many people try to pick up their subs with a Camry size car. Unfortunately they denied my requests to take a peek inside the shop. I really wanted to see the Conquest in person.
Old 02-06-2009, 03:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have gotten word that Epik will be launching there new website in the coming weeks so keep your eyes open. I'm proud to say that my subwoofer pics I posted in post #4120 will be apart of there new website. I'm truly honored and thanks Chad and Karen for an amazing product.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazda74Speed3 View Post

I have gotten word that Epik will be launching there new website in the coming weeks so keep your eyes open. I'm proud to say that my subwoofer pics I posted in post #4120 will be apart of there new website. I'm truly honored and thanks Chad and Karen for an amazing product.

It looks like the Epik store order page has changed although all subs are still out of stock.

http://store.epiksubwoofers.com/
Old 02-07-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Noah_ View Post

It looks like the Epik store order page has changed although all subs are still out of stock.
http://store.epiksubwoofers.com/

I think that design has been there for a couple months now. I wonder if they will be listing some B-Stock soon or if everyone just really loves their sub!
Old 02-07-2009, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by porksmash View Post

Unfortunately they denied my requests to take a peek inside the shop. I really wanted to see the Conquest in person.

I would have felt a little disapointed about being denied even a short tour of the shop. Did you mention that you'd really like to see the Conquest up close and that's all? Since you live in the area, not even a "how about another time when the shop is quiet." from Chad? Mabye I'm too sensitive.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I would have felt a little disapointed about being denied even a short tour of the shop. Did you mention that you'd really like to see the Conquest up close and that's all? Since you live in the area, not even a "how about another time when the shop is quiet." from Chad? Mabye I'm too sensitive.

Only thing I can think is they have products in there that are surprises. Who knows though. Epik has weird customer service practices.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Ok I want to know why no one puts their Epik Subs on Audiogon? Check on their all the time to see if anyone happens to put their Caliber up their and I don't see any Epik subs
Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERMANROB View Post

Ok I want to know why no one puts their Epik Subs on Audiogon? Check on their all the time to see if anyone happens to put their Caliber up their and I don't see any Epik subs

Probably because everyone that owns them loves them
Old 02-11-2009, 05:25 PM
AVS Special Member

I saw a Knight up there once. Next day it was gone .

Old 02-11-2009, 05:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 665 Post(s)
Liked: 633
Quote:

I saw a Knight up there once. Next day it was gone .

Because the owner realized it was a mistake and promptly took it down?

Tags
Subwoofers , Epik Legend Subwoofer