post #9691 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy133 View Post

Yes, the sentinel has a crossover knob which is variable starting from 40Hz. However it only has a phase switch 0/180. No variable phase there.

Thanks for the info! Thats great. I was thinking I might corner load one of them and set the crossover at maybe 60Hz so it wont be localizable, and then set the other up front by the mains with the crossover set at maybe 100Hz-120Hz with the gain down just a tad to help the mains out on the lower end. I know the higher frequencies starts to make the sub more localizable but I think by having it up front with the mains, it should still blend nicely. Or I might just corner load both and set them at 80Hz. I don't know, I'll have to play around with them once I get them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9692 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmike2069 View Post

Thanks for the info! Thats great. I was thinking I might corner load one of them and set the crossover at maybe 60Hz so it wont be localizable, and then set the other up front by the mains with the crossover set at maybe 100Hz-120Hz with the gain down just a tad to help the mains out on the lower end. I know the higher frequencies starts to make the sub more localizable but I think by having it up front with the mains, it should still blend nicely. Or I might just corner load both and set them at 80Hz. I don't know, I'll have to play around with them once I get them

Let us know how they sound together when you get them. All this talk about duals really makes me want to pick up another one...not that I need it, but a little extra kick couldn't hurt. I think it would also add symmetry to my setup, but the wife's not buying it. I'll keep working on her, but she seems to be holding her ground on the second sub.
post #9693 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 08:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpOne View Post

Let us know how they sound together when you get them. All this talk about duals really makes me want to pick up another one...not that I need it, but a little extra kick couldn't hurt. I think it would also add symmetry to my setup, but the wife's not buying it. I'll keep working on her, but she seems to be holding her ground on the second sub.

Don't know about yours but my gf flipped out about my first svs pb13 ultra. I now have a dynasty and 2 sealed sonos with a total of 12' cu stacked and she was willing to let me get another sono like them ha. You just have to break them through their shock point and from there they give up like a broken horse.
post #9694 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

Don't know about yours but my gf flipped out about my first svs pb13 ultra. I now have a dynasty and 2 sealed sonos with a total of 12' cu stacked and she was willing to let me get another sono like them ha. You just have to break them through their shock point and from there they give up like a broken horse.

LOL wow... that is a lot of thunder you got there. I'm hoping that the dual sentinels will keep me from feeling the need to upgrade... I'm pretty sure it will.
post #9695 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 09:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

LOL wow... that is a lot of thunder you got there. I'm hoping that the dual sentinels will keep me from feeling the need to upgrade... I'm pretty sure it will.

To clarify I don't have all of that right now. I just have the dynasty and 2 6'cu sealed sonos with ED 18" woofers. Still a ton ha
post #9696 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goonstopher View Post

To clarify I don't have all of that right now. I just have the dynasty and 2 6'cu sealed sonos with ED 18" woofers. Still a ton ha

How do the sealed sono's blend with the Dynasty??
post #9697 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Don't know yet, all my gear has been disconnected for a looong time. The dynasty and just one triple 8 are connected (which actually can handle reference levels on its own driven but just an onkyo 805).

I play on using as-eq1 in dual discrete then running multeq xt internally over them as a whole.
post #9698 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 12:37 PM

Well I talked to Chad at EPIK today and he said he's working 16hr days trying to catch up on potfuls of orders. I placed an order for a Sentinel on 10/26 and Chad said the worst case scenario would be a Nov 12 ship date. Running with no sub at the moment since I sold my Klipsch, and it's killing me!
Can only hope it ships sooner than later!
post #9699 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickgs View Post

Well I talked to Chad at EPIK today and he said he's working 16hr days trying to catch up on potfuls of orders. I placed an order for a Sentinel on 10/26 and Chad said the worst case scenario would be a Nov 12 ship date. Running with no sub at the moment since I sold my Klipsch, and it's killing me!

Well hopefully they're not cutting any corners in a rush to get orders out. I'd like to get them soon, but I'd also like them to be of the same quality as when they've got plenty of time to assemble.
post #9700 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 01:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:

I placed my order for Dual Sentinels on 10/24. I e-mailed Karen this morning but, haven't heard back. Guess I shouldn't expect to pick-up anything at the end of this week.
post #9701 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 01:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 33
Usually takes 2 weeks from order to door.
post #9702 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 01:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hksvr4 View Post

Usually takes 2 weeks from order to door.

I'm picking mine up from Epik, so I was hoping to save a couple of days because mine are not be shipped No, biggy. I just received my other sub cable & Y splitter from Blue Jeans Cable . I'm ready.

*Edit*

Well, just got an e-mail from Karen:

"Tom, Thanks for your email. We anticipate your order will be ready for pickup at November 16th (3 weeks from the time of order). We apologize for the delay and are building product as fast as we can. As the order nears completion we will contact you to schedule a pick up time. Please, let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks again for your email and your patience while we finish up your order."

I guess they are swamped, epecially with the sale going on.
post #9703 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 19
Quote:

i ordered a phoenix on 10/27. i emailed karen less than an hour ago to ask how things were coming along. she has already emailed me back. she said that because of the sale they are very busy and it may take up to 3 weeks to ship. it's all good
post #9704 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 02:04 PM

I can totally see people taking advantage of this sale since it was posted here they will be only holding it for a couple more weeks. Not to mention I am sure people are getting their orders in for the holidays. I know I am really wanting "at least" one more phoenix. I think my bass hunger will be wanting 3 more but my pocket book is going to burst into flames I fear.

On a last note: Don't worry about the delay in pick-up it is totally worth the wait.

Yamaha RX-V3800--Klipsch Icon XF-48 (L/R)--Epik Phoenix x2--DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033
post #9705 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 04:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

I know how you feel. We "original" Epik owners had it even worse! I sold my previous subs before I bought my Epik Castle, and I was sub-less for over 6 weeks. Fortunately it was well worth the wait. Hang in there. It'll be worthwhile once you get it up and running .
post #9706 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister House View Post

...I know I am really wanting "at least" one more phoenix. I think my bass hunger will be wanting 3 more but my pocket book is going to burst into flames I fear. ..

Are you looking to put 4 of those in one room? Damn how big is your room?
post #9707 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpOne View Post

Are you looking to put 4 of those in one room? Damn how big is your room?

LOL the room is average size. About 2900 cu. ft. however as much as this 1 Phoenix is just out of control banging the notes I just need to have more. I have a disease called "bass head" lol

I kinda want my chest to hurt basically lol

Yamaha RX-V3800--Klipsch Icon XF-48 (L/R)--Epik Phoenix x2--DSPeaker Anti-Mode 8033
post #9708 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 09:25 PM

Liked: 11
could you spare some change i see you have a bit more than you can handle. lol. i can help you with it.

Pioneer Elite SC-05
JBL Studio S310 fronts, JBL Studio S26II's mid and S36's rear.
Epik Sentinel subwoofer
Slim PS3
Oppo BDP-103
BenQ W7500
post #9709 of 20368 Old 11-04-2009, 10:54 PM

No change to spare sir. I know it sounds extravagant but I have to give up a lot of extra stuff to be able to afford these subs. I am just happy they are worth it. It takes about 2 months of savings and not playing around to be able to afford this. It isn't fun just going to work and coming home so I don't spend money but I least I have this 1 Phoenix to come home to for the time being.

post #9710 of 20368 Old 11-05-2009, 01:49 AM

Liked: 11
Quote:

Well hopefully they're not cutting any corners in a rush to get orders out. I'd like to get them soon, but I'd also like them to be of the same quality as when they've got plenty of time to assemble.

Epik doesn't work like that so you don't have to worry at all.
When I bought my Conquest it was a 6 week wait due to the amount of orders and it is in perfect condition. In fact a lot of us who ordered with the first line had to wait 4-6weeks for our subs and I doubt you can find anybody who's sub has had quality issues.
So it's safe to order your sub now and besides if you don't it may end up that delivery times continue to go up if business continues at the rate it's going and you could have to wait 4-6weeks.

Enjoy!!
post #9711 of 20368 Old 11-05-2009, 03:31 AM

I ordered an Epik Sentinel more than a week ago; Did not get any email saying the order is on the way or if there is a delay.
So yesterday i was trying to give them a call atleast for 5/6 times. I could get only VM nor any replies to my earlier email..
Does anyone know how long is the wait time/turnaround time these days for a sentinel? I now am thinking about how reliable these guys are for warranty or any other issues that might arise in the future - No contact replies what so ever!!!
post #9712 of 20368 Old 11-05-2009, 05:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohmony View Post

I ordered an Epik Sentinel more than a week ago; Did not get any email saying the order is on the way or if there is a delay.
So yesterday i was trying to give them a call atleast for 5/6 times. I could get only VM nor any replies to my earlier email..
Does anyone know how long is the wait time/turnaround time these days for a sentinel? I now am thinking about how reliable these guys are for warranty or any other issues that might arise in the future - No contact replies what so ever!!!

I ordered a pair on 10/24 and was told by Karen yesterday that it will be 3 weeks out because of how busy they are right now with the sale.
post #9713 of 20368 Old 11-05-2009, 06:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ON IN II View Post

Epik doesn't work like that so you don't have to worry at all.
When I bought my Conquest it was a 6 week wait due to the amount of orders and it is in perfect condition. In fact a lot of us who ordered with the first line had to wait 4-6weeks for our subs and I doubt you can find anybody who's sub has had quality issues.
So it's safe to order your sub now and besides if you don't it may end up that delivery times continue to go up if business continues at the rate it's going and you could have to wait 4-6weeks.

Enjoy!!

This is good to hear. I'm glad Epik ensures the integrity of their product even when feeling the pressure of high sales and delays. I would MUCH rather wait an extra couple of weeks to get them and they be in perfect condition then them try to build in a hurry and have some off-sound or blemishes. They have such a great reputation and I guess that is just one of the very good reasons why. BTW, I'm not waiting to order... I ordered on 10/27 Can't wait!
post #9714 of 20368 Old 11-05-2009, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohmony View Post

Your worried about nothing bro. When I ordered my Phoenix from them last month it was very similar. I placed the order and the money was put in an Authorized hold slot for the regular 3 days. The hold released and the money went back into my account. I decided to call them to make sure everything was ok and he assured me that nothing was wrong. Sure enough, when the product was done and ready to ship everything started rolling smoothly, the money moved out of my account, the shipping notice showed up in my email and started bragging about my sub being shipped to me.

If I had to guess about what was going on at Epik I would simply put it as Chad comes into work and builds all day till lunch, eats, preps shipping for the day on any completed builds and then builds some more. I bet having to build 2 at a time is keeping this dude more busy than he planned. I would not like to be him for the holidays, managing work and family is going to be rough. Anyways mohmony there is nothing to get worried about. In about a week you are going a shipping notice and it only took 3-4 days to ship from FedUp.

post #9715 of 20368 Old 11-05-2009, 09:02 AM

RE: I know how you feel. We "original" Epik owners had it even worse! I sold my previous subs before I bought my Epik Castle, and I was sub-less for over 6 weeks. Fortunately it was well worth the wait. Hang in there. It'll be worthwhile once you get it up and running .

That's encouraging since I'm buying sound unheard! Thanks, it'll be alright. Maybe if we all stop calling and emailing they can pump them out faster!!
post #9716 of 20368 Old 11-05-2009, 10:41 AM
AVS Special Member

you can use the wait time to read up on REW so you can map out the FR of your room when the sub comes.

You'll rarely hear anyone say, "I wish I'd gotten less Sub."

$ubwoofer$ and premium mango tree cultivar$

post #9717 of 20368 Old 11-05-2009, 11:33 AM

Just as a refrence, I ordered a Dynasty on 10-20 and today 11-5, I got the shipping notification email.
So that's just a bit over 2 weeks of processing. They must be busy! Should be well worth the wait though, no complaints here.
post #9718 of 20368 Old 11-05-2009, 01:15 PM

I ordered on 10/30 and was told the same 3weeks for my Sentinel order. Thats for pick up though. I'm hoping earlier but she said 11/20.... That is a long time.

Then again, I guess the elderly people in my apartment building can have an extra few weeks of peace... Sorry Gramps.
post #9719 of 20368 Old 11-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister House View Post

No change to spare sir. I know it sounds extravagant but I have to give up a lot of extra stuff to be able to afford these subs. I am just happy they are worth it. It takes about 2 months of savings and not playing around to be able to afford this. It isn't fun just going to work and coming home so I don't spend money but I least I have this 1 Phoenix to come home to for the time being.

Well you will have to let us know what 4 Phoenix's sound like in one room, if your chest stops hurting long enough to type.
post #9720 of 20368 Old 11-05-2009, 03:08 PM

Ordered a Phoenix on 10/21 and received the shipping notice today.

Very Excited!
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Epik Legend Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page