post #11341 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by harync View Post

I am debating about an Empire vs Sentinel (if/when Chad starts making them again). My wife is balking at the size of the Empire, so if anyone in the Chicago area is thinking of upgrading and wants to get rid of a Sentinel, I'm in the market.

Harync, I sent you a PM regarding this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11342 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
loc4me's impression vs the MFW-15 on the AV123 forum:

Quote:

Quick impressions:

1) If you think the MFW is a beast, think again. Holy cow! The Empire is SOLID. That thing is built like a tank.

2) Finish on MFW is much more classy. I prefer both the painted satin black and the veneered MFW finished to the plastic coating veneer the Empire has. Dont get me wrong. It's nice but side by side the MFW wins the fashion show.

3) Nearly identical footprint to the MFW. If you have the space for one you then you'll have the space for the other.

4) Definitely an sonic difference between the two. Initially I had the Empire running hotter than the MFW so I had to pull out my SPL meter to get them back to a level playing field. Too early to crown a winner. Both good, just different.

5) Disclaimer: 2 Channel music listening only and about 1hr review time. Once a quick and dirty SPL leveling was done. MFW might be digging a bit deeper and have more output. Empire could be tighter and have better resolution between frequencies. Even after SPL leveling the MFW just seems like it has more "umph" and kick. I have a feeling that might just be gain related. I only leveled the subs with my Preamp's built in test tone. Just dailed in the gain to the same level that my MFW has been at since I got my room all dialed in.

6) First impression is that Empire might be a better sub for music and audio while the MFW might be a better Home theater/Movie sub. This is only first impression and given more time my thoughts and feelings could easily change. Neither is "head and shoulders" better than the other. If I had to choose between ONLY one of them right now I wouldn't know which to choose based on performance.

7) Getting that sucker out of the box without destroying it was a PITA. With my MFW, I just cut open the side and slid it out. This was much more difficult. Getting it upstairs by myself was a little stressful too! I recommend getting assistance if you can.

Just thought I'd get a first impression out there.

-Mark

What I'm hearing (from a subjective initial analysis of course) is that $ for $ MFW-15s are out of the Empire's league as far as HT performance goes. The Empire does seem like it's a very musical sub though. I honestly would have figured you'd need dual MFW-15s to compete with the Empire, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Still need to seem some objective comparisons and measurements, but Epik needs some more low end in it's lineup, and soon. Hopefully a Phoenix, Dynasty, and/or Conquest replacement is on the way. I don't think the Empire (even duals) will cut it for a lot of people.
post #11343 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGator View Post

What I'm hearing (from a subjective initial analysis of course) is that $ for $ MFW-15s are out of the Empire's league as far as HT performance goes. The Empire does seem like it's a very musical sub though. I honestly would have figured you'd need dual MFW-15s to compete with the Empire, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Still need to seem some objective comparisons and measurements, but Epik needs some more low end in it's lineup, and soon. Hopefully a Phoenix, Dynasty, and/or Conquest replacement is on the way. I don't think the Empire (even duals) will cut it for a lot of people.

A couple more points worth noting...

-The infamous break in period for Epik will probably still apply to the Empire, so there should be a considerable improvement after a couple of weeks. This was not taken into account with the short review which might help it to inch a little past the MFW-15 overall.

- If the MFW-15 digs deeper than the Empire, then the empire might not be such a hot choice for HT. I've read way too many posts about the MFW-15 bottoming out easy below 40Hz. I think the MFW can reach down to like 16Hz but only at low volumes. At higher volumes it bottoms easily. Even though the empire will not bottom out, if the MFW-15 is able to dig deeper before it does bottom out, then the Empire might have a pretty weak bottom end (based solely on this impression).
post #11344 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmike2069 View Post

A couple more points worth noting...

-The infamous break in period for Epik will probably still apply to the Empire, so there should be a considerable improvement after a couple of weeks. This was not taken into account with the short review which might help it to inch a little past the MFW-15 overall.

- If the MFW-15 digs deeper than the Empire, then the empire might not be such a hot choice for HT. I've read way too many posts about the MFW-15 bottoming out easy below 40Hz. I think the MFW can reach down to like 16Hz but only at low volumes. At higher volumes it bottoms easily. Even though the empire will not bottom out, if the MFW-15 is able to dig deeper before it does bottom out, then the Empire might have a pretty weak bottom end (based solely on this impression).

I wondered that from the get-go. When the biggest talking point was the mid-bass, first thing I though was that it probably had a weak low-end...
post #11345 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 11:43 AM

Quote:

5) Disclaimer: 2 Channel music listening only and about 1hr review time. Once a quick and dirty SPL leveling was done. MFW might be digging a bit deeper and have more output. Empire could be tighter and have better resolution between frequencies. Even after SPL leveling the MFW just seems like it has more "umph" and kick. I have a feeling that might just be gain related. I only leveled the subs with my Preamp's built in test tone. Just dailed in the gain to the same level that my MFW has been at since I got my room all dialed in.

Regarding the above disclaimer, it is obvious that we cannot compare a sealed and a ported sub like that without any tuning. Sealed boxes dig deeper than ported but at much lower levels (hence the impressions of the reviewer). Sealed subs need to be equalized. I would like to see the comparisons after both have been independently Audysseyed..

post #11346 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:

Never cease to amaze me! Someone posts something positive without measurements and they are chastised. Someone posts something negative without measurements and AMEN HALLELUJAH.
post #11347 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:

I wondered that from the get-go. When the biggest talking point was the mid-bass, first thing I though was that it probably had a weak low-end...

I was starting to give in on the Empire... but I want a strong low end.
Please bring back the 18" subs!
post #11348 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 11:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 52
Quote:

Was there any indication whether the subs were in the same location (maybe one stacked on the other)? Because if they are in different locations in the room, that would affect the same sub in similar ways, let alone 2 different subs. If they're not tested in the same location, the comparisons require a box of Morton's.
post #11349 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm1699 View Post

Never cease to amaze me! Someone posts something positive without measurements and they are chastised. Someone posts something negative without measurements and AMEN HALLELUJAH.

"Positive" with no basis for comparison to anything else, just "it makes a lot of bass when I turn up the gain real high"...

People are excited because it's an actual head-to-head comparison, albeit early and not complete, with some questions raised (I asked if the subs were in the same location, otherwise the comparison is pretty useless), and before the Epik has been broken in (if you believe in speaker break-in).

And hearing some of the observations that reflect the known differences between ported and sealed designs is not surprising anyway.
post #11350 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 11:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy133 View Post

Regarding the above disclaimer, it is obvious that we cannot compare a sealed and a ported sub like that without any tuning. Sealed boxes dig deeper than ported but at much lower levels (hence the impressions of the reviewer). Sealed subs need to be equalized. I would like to see the comparisons after both have been independently Audysseyed..

I agree. The concern is that on a sealed sub, in the bottom end, especially below 25Hz, you will need to EQ a LOT of gain. How much extra gain are you going to be limited to with only 300W ea to a sealed 15", especially in a relatively small enclosure?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbri View Post

"Positive" with no basis for comparison to anything else, just "it makes a lot of bass when I turn up the gain real high"...

People are excited because it's an actual head-to-head comparison, albeit early and not complete, with some questions raised (I asked if the subs were in the same location, otherwise the comparison is pretty useless), and before the Epik has been broken in (if you believe in speaker break-in).

And hearing some of the observations that reflect the known differences between ported and sealed designs is not surprising anyway.

Exactly. Everyone else posting their opinions wave been comparing to absolutely nothing. This is a direct comparison to a pretty big contender (when operable).
post #11351 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 11:49 AM

Looks like I'll be having some fun this evening! Three days from order placement to delivery isn't too shabby for 280lbs worth of goods.

04-Feb-2010 1355 1 Delivered Pittsburgh, PA, US
04-Feb-2010 0947 1 Out for Delivery Pittsburgh, PA, US
04-Feb-2010 0941 1 Scanned Pittsburgh, PA, US
04-Feb-2010 0926 1 Arrived Pittsburgh, PA, US
04-Feb-2010 0531 1 Departed Toledo, OH, US
04-Feb-2010 0308 1 Scanned Toledo, OH, US
03-Feb-2010 1116 1 Arrived Toledo, OH, US
03-Feb-2010 0530 1 Departed Chicago/O~hare Airport, IL, US
03-Feb-2010 0431 1 Scanned Chicago/O~hare Airport, IL, US
02-Feb-2010 2340 1 Arrived Chicago/O~hare Airport, IL, US
02-Feb-2010 2220 1 Departed Rockford, IL, US
02-Feb-2010 2139 1 Scanned Rockford, IL, US
02-Feb-2010 2029 1 Shipment Labeled Rockford, IL, US
02-Feb-2010 1345 1 Received Rockford, IL, US
post #11352 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordman View Post

Looks like I'll be having some fun this evening! Three days from order placement to delivery isn't too shabby for 280lbs worth of goods.

Did you order 2 Empires, or a mail-order bride?
post #11353 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:

280lb mail order bride...hope you kept your receipt and they have a return policy
post #11354 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post

280lb mail order bride...hope you kept your receipt and they have a return policy

Yeah, that doesn't seem like near enough woman for a huge HT room!
post #11355 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 12:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Ported subs generally sound more visceral down low and subjectively some will prefer it. I've had both here and initially I preferred the ported sound...still have one, but over the years I've come to appreciate sealed and have run my Ultra sealed. I like the sharp attack and hearing clean bass throughout the range. Unfortunately, I lost some headroom and some BD material is just a tad too hot for a sealed Ultra in my room...so I'm back to ported. That said, if the Empire doesn't run out of headroom in your room, it should sound very good. It won't sound as phat down low, but coupled with room gain, could actually extend further (and at high output). Just speculating, but the only way you can compare the MFW and Empire is same placement, running them both to their limits and graphing them. You might find the Empire puts out more SPL, but doesn't sound like it. It's likely it will in the midbass region.

Whether there's mechanical break in or not, there's definite brain acclimation to the new sub. As one gets used to the sound of a sub, preferences take hold.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #11356 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 12:56 PM

Quote:

That woman better be an 9 foot tall Avatar
post #11357 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple View Post

Ported subs generally sound more visceral down low and subjectively some will prefer it. I've had both here and initially I preferred the ported sound...still have one, but over the years I've come to appreciate sealed and have run my Ultra sealed. I like the sharp attack and hearing clean bass throughout the range. Unfortunately, I lost some headroom and some BD material is just a tad too hot for a sealed Ultra in my room...so I'm back to ported. That said, if the Empire doesn't run out of headroom in your room, it should sound very good. It won't sound as phat down low, but coupled with room gain, could actually extend further (and at high output)....

Based on the above, can I speculate that it is probably good to mix a sealed sub (Empire) with a ported one (Sentinel or Phoenix)? One can also think of using the Sentinel's internal crossover to cross it at say 40Hz. That will give the visceral 20Hz feel and still get the 60Hz mid bass of the empire. Does this sound reasonable?

post #11358 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 01:17 PM

Anyone care to guess how dual Empires would compare to dual Sentinels as far as the low end goes? Didn't they say that dual Sentinels dug deep?
post #11359 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 01:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy133 View Post

Based on the above, can I speculate that it is probably good to mix a sealed sub (Empire) with a ported one (Sentinel or Phoenix)? One can also think of using the Sentinel's internal crossover to cross it at say 40Hz. That will give the visceral 20Hz feel and still get the 60Hz mid bass of the empire. Does this sound reasonable?

Sure, it's a matter of taste as to whether you prefer one to the other or any combination thereof. You might find you prefer to leave the Sentinel or Phoenix off for music...or leave the crossover on the sub disengaged and still get the ported benefits for HT...or get 2 Empires...or pickup another Sentinel/Phoenix. They all will sound good.

I don't lurk as much as I used to and I NEVER listen. Comes from being old and cynical.

post #11360 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3chris View Post

Anyone care to guess how dual Empires would compare to dual Sentinels as far as the low end goes? Didn't they say that dual Sentinels dug deep?

Im guessing the Sentinels will dig deeper at useable levels. I'm pretty flat to 16Hz. They're quite good for mid bass too... just a good well rounded sub. Could use a tad more headroom in my 7,000 cu-ft room though.
post #11361 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 01:50 PM

Does the shipper call to schedule a time before making delivery? I'm worried about them leaving it on my porch when I'm at work.
post #11362 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm1699 View Post

BS.

Not a single (subjective, though it may be) comparison to a sub in the same range as the Empire has been posted in this thread (aside from the sentence comparing to a Tower I believe), and it's been around what three weeks now? We have a lot of people upgrading from $200 subs, of course we're going to be skeptical of how useful their comments may be. The comparison with the Tower, for what it's worth, sounded eerily similar to the impressions made in comparison to the MFW-15 (strong mid-bass, not quite the output down low).

Since we're lacking measurements of any kind, from any one... can you tell me what else we possibly have to go on?
post #11363 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

The Empire is perfect for music, and really good for movies. On it's own, the Empire is really sweet for music. Yesterday for 4 non stop hrs I've thrown my favorite tracks from Sarah Mclachlan (Mirror Ball), 3rd Eye Blind (Semi Charmed Life), koRn (Follow the Leader, Issues), DMX (Its Dark N Hells Hot, Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood, And Then There Was X), various reggae dub and instrumentals I'm familiar with....and it was non stop enjoyment. The drums in Mirror Ball tracks, particularly, were present and potent (listening position is center @ 13 ft away from the sub). The intro to one my favorite track (both album and live version) "Possession" had the hairs on the back of my neck stand- not with spl, but how it sounded. Heights y'all. The koRn tracks surprised me allot too. I never liked how they sounded with a single Tower- they seemed to miss something, and after hearing it with the Empire, it was "middle" that was amiss. Mid bass was present and enough low to provide an overall well balanced sound. It didn't once sound strained and not able to produce the material’s range. It was more than up to the task and easily handled the bass tricks Fieldy does. “All In the Family” was just sick. I thoroughly enjoyed the Empire for music. Thoroughly.
Movies were enjoyable was well. Strong mid bass presence that was fast and had no problems getting louder as the material required. Low frequencies were also present but not at Epik Tower levels. Scenes where the Tower just shook the room and the popcorn ceiling felt as if it were about to fall, the Empire shook, but not at that intensity. But it sure handled having to do both mid bass and low deep bass simultaneously very well. No signs of strain or distortion.
With a big mid bass boost and supplemental down low capability that both compliments the Tower, I have them presently working together and it is amazing. I used to have a bass suck-out at one of the seated listening position….that’s gone. Both music and movies kick with room filling bass. And the system overall sounds very balanced. Walking along the back of the HT area behind the listening positions from left to right, the bass response sounds balanced with no suck outs or peaks. In Terminator Salvation the gas station scene, when the robot drops it’s feet as it walks, the bass sounds deeper and has more of a nice, dense sound to it (was not getting that with the lone Tower). Popcorn ceiling shook. In Transformers RoTF, the Devastator assembly scene was reproduced just as how you saw it on the screen- quick, loud, punchy…and trembling.
I was a bit worried about mixing a ported with sealed, and wondered if I would have localization problems. But the bass response is seamless and when you sit to listen, all you hear and feel is the bass. If you haven’t gone dual, but have the space and money, you should. The HT and music experience has been much more fulfilling since combining the two.
I ran some REW sweeps for the Empire alone and I’m getting it at 13Hz @ 75db in room. Out of 12 total sweeps, only 3 resembled a in-room REW sweep @ 75db (with the drop off near 80Hz crossover setting). The remaining 9 sweeps looked like sound card feedback sine waves starting from 30db constant straight line and shooting up at 60Hz to 85db as a sin wave with decreasing wavelength. The good sweeps weren’t consecutive either. I’m using the SoundBlaster USB Audigy 2NX. But this weekend I’ll do more sweeps (Empire alone, Tower alone, combined) with my X-fi Titanium.
In terms of placement, I have it co-located with the Tower up front. One driver is 8” from the TV stand, and the other is a good 4-5 ft from the corner wall. The side with the Epik emblem faces the LP. I’ve turned the Empire so that one driver is facing the listening position and the other to the back wall and noticed less of a bass response. Changing the distance between the back wall, and the driver firing into it from 13” – 6” had no effect on the bass response at the main LP by my ears. In the final position available to me, I placed the Empire in a corner with both drivers firing having their own wall to fire into. It sounded much better to my ears, but REW was not showing this as the trace looked similar. None the less, more sweeps will have to be done this weekend.
So, that concludes my little review. Hope it helps. For the introductory price, the Empire is at a robbery price (you’re the bandit). And if you could pony up for duals, go for it. As a side note, I must mention (as I have found it to work with my pop’s Onkyo HTIB system, and my computer’s Klipsch Promedia Ultra sub with SWS sub addition) that placing the sub along 1/3 the length of the wall (as Onyko recommends. Mabye other manufacturers that I’m un aware of) was a quick way to find the best bass response.

You'll rarely hear anyone say, "I wish I'd gotten less Sub."

$ubwoofer$ and premium mango tree cultivar$

post #11364 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTBigman View Post

The Empire is perfect for music, and really good for movies. On it's own, the Empire is really sweet for music. Yesterday for 4 non stop hrs I've thrown my favorite tracks from Sarah Mclachlan (Mirror Ball), 3rd Eye Blind (Semi Charmed Life), koRn (Follow the Leader, Issues), DMX (Its Dark N Hells Hot, Flesh of My Flesh, Blood of My Blood, And Then There Was X), various reggae dub and instrumentals I'm familiar with....and it was non stop enjoyment. The drums in Mirror Ball tracks, particularly, were present and potent (listening position is center @ 13 ft away from the sub). The intro to one my favorite track (both album and live version) "Possession" had the hairs on the back of my neck stand- not with spl, but how it sounded. Heights y'all. The koRn tracks surprised me allot too. I never liked how they sounded with a single Tower- they seemed to miss something, and after hearing it with the Empire, it was "middle" that was amiss. Mid bass was present and enough low to provide an overall well balanced sound. It didn't once sound strained and not able to produce the material's range. It was more than up to the task and easily handled the bass tricks Fieldy does. All In the Family was just sick. I thoroughly enjoyed the Empire for music. Thoroughly.
Movies were enjoyable was well. Strong mid bass presence that was fast and had no problems getting louder as the material required. Low frequencies were also present but not at Epik Tower levels. Scenes where the Tower just shook the room and the popcorn ceiling felt as if it were about to fall, the Empire shook, but not at that intensity. But it sure handled having to do both mid bass and low deep bass simultaneously very well. No signs of strain or distortion.
With a big mid bass boost and supplemental down low capability that both compliments the Tower, I have them presently working together and it is amazing. I used to have a bass suck-out at one of the seated listening position.that's gone. Both music and movies kick with room filling bass. And the system overall sounds very balanced. Walking along the back of the HT area behind the listening positions from left to right, the bass response sounds balanced with no suck outs or peaks. In Terminator Salvation the gas station scene, when the robot drops it's feet as it walks, the bass sounds deeper and has more of a nice, dense sound to it (was not getting that with the lone Tower). Popcorn ceiling shook. In Transformers RoTF, the Devastator assembly scene was reproduced just as how you saw it on the screen- quick, loud, punchyand trembling.
I was a bit worried about mixing a ported with sealed, and wondered if I would have localization problems. But the bass response is seamless and when you sit to listen, all you hear and feel is the bass. If you haven't gone dual, but have the space and money, you should. The HT and music experience has been much more fulfilling since combining the two.
I ran some REW sweeps for the Empire alone and I'm getting it at 13Hz @ 75db in room. Out of 12 total sweeps, only 3 resembled a in-room REW sweep @ 75db (with the drop off near 80Hz crossover setting). The remaining 9 sweeps looked like sound card feedback sine waves starting from 30db constant straight line and shooting up at 60Hz to 85db as a sin wave with decreasing wavelength. The good sweeps weren't consecutive either. I'm using the SoundBlaster USB Audigy 2NX. But this weekend I'll do more sweeps (Empire alone, Tower alone, combined) with my X-fi Titanium.
In terms of placement, I have it co-located with the Tower up front. One driver is 8 from the TV stand, and the other is a good 4-5 ft from the corner wall. The side with the Epik emblem faces the LP. I've turned the Empire so that one driver is facing the listening position and the other to the back wall and noticed less of a bass response. Changing the distance between the back wall, and the driver firing into it from 13 - 6 had no effect on the bass response at the main LP by my ears. In the final position available to me, I placed the Empire in a corner with both drivers firing having their own wall to fire into. It sounded much better to my ears, but REW was not showing this as the trace looked similar. None the less, more sweeps will have to be done this weekend.
So, that concludes my little review. Hope it helps. For the introductory price, the Empire is at a robbery price (you're the bandit). And if you could pony up for duals, go for it. As a side note, I must mention (as I have found it to work with my pop's Onkyo HTIB system, and my computer's Klipsch Promedia Ultra sub with SWS sub addition) that placing the sub along 1/3 the length of the wall (as Onyko recommends. Mabye other manufacturers that I'm un aware of) was a quick way to find the best bass response.

Great write-up! Sounds like you have a winner.

About your REW graphs, I wonder if you have it set up and working properly. Every sweep should look like a sweep, not a sine wave or soundcard cal sweep.
post #11365 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socwrkr View Post

I think you're reading it wrong... it originated in Rockford and the guy that bought it lives in NJ. Epik is not far from the Illinois/Wisconsin border.

You are correct. Dang I could probably drive to the Epik store then. I read that they moved stores. If so where are they located now.
post #11366 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Thanks cyberbri. With respect to REW, thats what have me puzzled. I think its a sound card issue. Audigy 2 NX was built for XP, and Creative only provided basic functional uptades for Vista (the laptop I used). So all the bells n whistles (recording, THX console etc) is non functional. The first time I did sweeps with the Tower earlier last year, no anomolies what so ever using Audigy 2ZS. Will rectify everything this weekend.

post #11367 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 02:54 PM

Nice to hear TnT. I just got home and there is this big box in my garage. Time to eat my Wheaties.

post #11368 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 02:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Niiice DoingOK. Have fun. Hope you have help to carry that into the house. Looking foward to hearing your views on how it compares to Epik's 2nd line of subs.

post #11369 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingOK View Post

Nice to hear TnT. I just got home and there is this big box in my garage. Time to eat my Wheaties.

A Z06? Damn you have some nice toys! Sweet ride.
post #11370 of 20380 Old 02-04-2010, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTBigman View Post

I was a bit worried about mixing a ported with sealed, and wondered if I would have localization problems. But the bass response is seamless and when you sit to listen, all you hear and feel is the bass.

Thanks for the mini-review. That combination of sealed-ported has me intrigued!

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Epik Legend Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page