post #11521 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post

So when you say it easily beats a PB 12PLUS the new or the old one I find it hard to beieve unless of course thats just your op. No offence intented.

What a completely ignorant statement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11522 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 07:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERMANROB View Post

Factor forgive me here but doesn't this apply to almost everyone(statement bolded above)? Everyone's set up is gonna be different so you could have the Ultra set up badly and wouldn't sound as good as it should?
I think everyone is giving their own opinions and you have to take it for what's it's worth. I for one do read Sound and Vision and IMO magazines can have an ulterior motive with their reviews and I take it with a grain of salt also.
I value everyone's opinion and I tend to give most everyone the benefit of the doubt and that they are just trying to give us an objective view on what they heard or saw.
Stats and all are nice but I tend to favor more personal real world reviews than stats but again that is just my personal opinion

Totally understand your op on sound vision magazine but at least they provide #s to back up there observations whether there bias or not #s dont lie and I would much rather beleive a well know magazine thats test HT gear all the time vs a giddy new sub owner that bubbling with happiness giving a personal review so between the two i'll side with the folks that review for a living and provide #s to prove it . I just thought it was funny he said it beats the new pb12 plus that hasnt even been shipping im guessing weeks and the owned one and his empir blows it out of the water I couldnt help but laugh to to myself and respond . But I know how it feels to overwhelmed with happiness on new sub purchases but fortunately so far There performance and professional reviews have backed up my emotions like My svs pb13 Ultra . Well when the smoke clears I guess all that matters id the new owners of there subs are happy but would I buy a sub just on a handful of new owners and no spec sheet or anything absolutely not . Totally understand your side or point of view and that forums most anyway are all personal opinions but normally you wont see the true results until the newness of a sub weres off thats when you'll start seeing more accurate personal reviews like this sub blows that sub out of the water and such lol .
post #11523 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingOK View Post

Edited: Is this a serious question or do you truly not know the pros and cons to different surround materials?

I do actually, but I can tell you, that looking at the new Epik Empire, alot of cost cutting corners were done on this new sub. And discontinuing all their other offerings? This wasn't done for OUR benefit let me tell you. This new sub is realtively cheap to produce, and putting 2 relatively cheap drivers in a small inexpensive sealed box(that should be 4 times the size for optimal frequency response)isn't getting me all up and excited. I personally was looking to pick up their 18" sealed unit, but alas, its no more.
post #11524 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 08:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmike2069 View Post

What a completely ignorant statement.

oh no here comes the lynch mob !!! Ignorant probably not, misinterpreted yes. He stated personally in the first word of his post that I failed to see. So to imply im ignorant and or had made a ignorant post well that kind sir is a little harsh and it appears to be you lashing out because your a proud Epic owner . I would have to say the same about yours . Im sorry if I offended you since im sure your probably a Epic owner but then again thats why im sure again you responded that way with your response. I call it like I see it and if you dont like what I have to say about my observations dont know what to tell you so by insulting me isnt going to change my oppinion or justify Epics way of doing business. So have a great night lilmike
post #11525 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

oh no here comes the lynch mob !!! Ignorant probably not, misinterpreted yes. He stated personally in the first word of his post that I failed to see. So to imply im ignorant and or had made a ignorant post well that kind sir is a little harsh and it appears to be you lashing out because your a proud Epic owner . I would have to say the same about yours . Im sorry if I offended you since im sure your probably a Epic owner but then again thats why im sure again you responded that way with your response. I call it like I see and if you dont like what I have to say about my observations dont no what to tell you so by insulting me isnt going to change my oppinion or justify Epics way of doing business. So have a great night lilmike

You are correct, I am a proud Epik owner. But my remark about your statement, "So when you say it easily beats a PB 12PLUS the new or the old one I find it hard to beieve", being ignorant is completely warranted regardless of my product loyalty. You have stated numerous times that you have NO 'useful' information on the subwoofer and cannot make any kind of comparison to other 'high end id brands', yet you somehow were able to be sure enough, with no useful information, to state that the Empire could not outperform a particular subwoofer? " I call it like I see it"-- again, you've stated several times that you are uninformed and have never heard an Empire, so how can you call it like you see it?

For your reference, the definition of ignorant (since you seem to be ignorant of the definition):
1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.

So, with all due respect, sir, you have a good night
post #11526 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZippyBongHits View Post

I do actually, but I can tell you, that looking at the new Epik Empire, alot of cost cutting corners were done on this new sub. And discontinuing all their other offerings? This wasn't done for OUR benefit let me tell you. This new sub is realtively cheap to produce, and putting 2 relatively cheap drivers in a small inexpensive sealed box(that should be 4 times the size for optimal frequency response)isn't getting me all up and excited. I personally was looking to pick up their 18" sealed unit, but alas, its no more.

Your response is duly noted.

Soooooo......how about them Saints? ;-)
post #11527 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:

Careful, if you say anything negative about anything on this board, you either get flamed or your post gets booted from the thought police....AVS that is.
post #11528 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 08:42 PM
AVS Special Member

[quote=lilmike2069;18091547]You are correct, I am a proud Epik owner. Well that explains your replies none even worthy of responded to lol I see I struck a nerve sometimes the truth hurts So I can understand you trying to be little me but It appears thats what you've ended up doing to your self . So on that note rather then lower my self to your level and continue are little pissing contest, I will just say Enjoy your Epic sub and it couldn't of happened to a nicer guy
post #11529 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

First off very glad your happy with your Empire Thats most important but you said its better than any other sub you"ve heard so what are you comparing it to and what was your previous subs for comparison, just curious and im sure others would like to know to .

As I've stated before, the Empire was purchased by my friend and I've spent quite a bit of time with it to this point. The subwoofer it replaced in that room was a Hsu VTF-1. You don't need to be subtle in comparing the two. The Empire simply stomps it like a bug in every parameter. My statement was that "It's one of the only subwoofers I have heard that gives proper weight, scale and attack to drums...". On that point it stands out to me compared with the Velodyne DD-18, DD-15, HGS-18, F-1800, F-1500, ULD-18, ULD-15; Genesis G-928, S4/8, Servo-12; Hsu VTF-3.3, 3, HO1220 pair; REL Stadium; Martin Logan Descent; Revel 15, and some others in the various environments in which they were heard. It's a quality of tonally correct, low overhang, dynamic bass that I remember most from the Wilson MAXX2 and TAD Model 1, strangely enough, and if you are familiar with what real drums sound like it simply jumps out at you and says, "YES!" Obviously there are many variables and it's simply my observation.
post #11530 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraxoin View Post

As I've stated before, the Empire was purchased by my friend and I've spent quite a bit of time with it to this point. The subwoofer it replaced in that room was a Hsu VTF-1. You don't need to be subtle in comparing the two. The Empire simply stomps it like a bug in every parameter. My statement was that "It's one of the only subwoofers I have heard that gives proper weight, scale and attack to drums...". On that point it stands out to me compared with the Velodyne DD-18, DD-15, HGS-18, F-1800, F-1500, ULD-18, ULD-15; Genesis G-928, S4/8, Servo-12; Hsu VTF-3.3, 3, HO1220 pair; REL Stadium; Martin Logan Descent; Revel 15, and some others in the various environments in which they were heard. It's a quality of tonally correct, low overhang, dynamic bass that I remember most from the Wilson MAXX2 and TAD Model 1, strangely enough, and if you are familiar with what real drums sound like it simply jumps out at you and says, "YES!" Obviously there are many variables and it's simply my observation.

Those are some pretty strong competitors you've listed in comparison, so to crush them all as you stated is pretty impressive . Im really looking forward to some reviews and testing because it sounds like it will be the sub of the decade if its not discontinued anytime soon. Thanks for sharing your personal review .
post #11531 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 08:58 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

When I saw the New Empire , it definitely looked very cheaply made .The previous Epics looked like they had a little more quality to them and it's truly a shame they discontinued the 18's . Im sure they werent cost effective to make with not as much profit to be made . Hopefuly previous owners will be able to get replacement parts for a few years if needed .
post #11532 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 21
Quote:

Those are some pretty strong competitors you've listed in comparison, so to crush them all as you stated is pretty impressive . Im really looking forward to some reviews and testing because it sounds like it will be the sub of the decade if its not discontinued anytime soon. Thanks for sharing your personal review .

Well, "crush them all" isn't quite my wording, but regarding my specific point I thought that it really stood out. It was the observation I chose in trying to briefly describe the musicality of the Empire in response to THIS post.

I'm really looking forward to reviews and serious testing too. Sub of the decade? No. One of the best subwoofer values of the year? I have little doubt.
post #11533 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:

Your saying it beats the new PB12Plus and you owned one ?Well the new PB12 PLUS has a different amp I beleive and A different bigger driver 12.5 that hasn't even been out very long and just recently started shipping so you must have had the old one.

You're probably right, he had the Plus with the 12.4 driver. Honestly, though, I'd doubt there's a huge difference between the 12.4 and 12.5. According to SVS, "The aptly named Plus 12.5 uses a high tech new ferrite motor which with other tweaks cuts distortion to the lowest levels we've achieved on this line." So basically it uses the same box, the same amp (perhaps with a couple of tweaks), and a modified driver to squeeze a bit better performance. I'd doubt the difference is huge.

Quote:

Are those your personal comparisons or reviews from a magazine or forums that test them. I dont beleive theres even any specs out on the Empire yet let a lone any tests.

I'm sure they're personal comparisons. As you said, nobody has done a formal review of the Empire just yet.

Quote:

If those are your personal observations thats a little different.

Different, but not invalid. Sure, ideally everyone would run frequency sweeps, measure THD, IM distortion, decay times, and power compression for every subwoofer, but listening tests are also useful. Not sure why it seems unbelievable that someone might prefer the Empire to the PB12-Plus. SVS subs are excellent (I've owned them), and I'd gladly purchase them again, but the thought of someone preferring another subwoofer doesn't exactly blow my mind. On paper, the Empire looks to be darn impressive. I'd like Chad to hurry up and post some real specs as much as the next guy, but for now, real world listening tests are the best thing we have to go by. You could sure do a lot worse - like pure speculation based on past products or company bias. FWIW, I'd be interested to know more details on WHY the Empire outperformed the Plus (in his opinion), as opposed to a simple "Sub A is better than Sub B" statement.

Quote:

I doubt highly the Empire will ever make it to a true Professional reviewer before a a new line of there subs come out

Maybe, maybe not. I hope the Empire gets reviewed as much as the next person. We'll see. However, if it isn't, I doubt it's because Chad is ashamed or has something to hide...

Quote:

...since they seem replace previous subs more than folks change there cloths

Not sure what this adds to the discussion...

Quote:

So when you say it easily beats a PB 12PLUS the new or the old one I find it hard to beieve unless of course thats just your op. No offence intented.

And why is this? I'm not saying the Empire DOES beat the PB12-Plus, but I don't find the notion unconscionable. Do you base this assumption on the merits (or lack thereof) of any Epik subwoofers (past or present models), or simply on the belief that SVS is always superior? Have you heard an Epik subwoofer before, or any ID subwoofer other than SVS for that matter? Again, I love SVS - the company and the products - and will gladly endorse and support them in the future, but their products aren't unquestionably superior simply because they've been formally "reviewed".
post #11534 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vraxoin View Post

Well, "crush them all" isn't quite my wording, but regarding my specific point I thought that it really stood out. It was the observation I chose in trying to briefly describe the musicality of the Empire in response to THIS post.

I'm really looking forward to reviews and serious testing too. Sub of the decade? No. One of the best subwoofer values of the year? I have little doubt.

Thanks again for sharing your views and I stand corrected those werent your exact words but regardless I get your point . Again really looking to a review on its performance and quality of the build along with some more information on the driver and amp .
post #11535 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakersfan34 View Post

You're probably right, he had the Plus with the 12.4 driver. Honestly, though, I'd doubt there's a huge difference between the 12.4 and 12.5. According to SVS, "The aptly named Plus 12.5 uses a high tech new ferrite motor which with other tweaks cuts distortion to the lowest levels we've achieved on this line." So basically it uses the same box, the same amp (perhaps with a couple of tweaks), and a modified driver to squeeze a bit better performance. I'd doubt the difference is huge.

I'm sure they're personal comparisons. As you said, nobody has done a formal review of the Empire just yet.

Different, but not invalid. Sure, ideally everyone would run frequency sweeps, measure THD, IM distortion, decay times, and power compression for every subwoofer, but listening tests are also useful. Not sure why it seems unbelievable that someone might prefer the Empire to the PB12-Plus. SVS subs are excellent (I've owned them), and I'd gladly purchase them again, but the thought of someone preferring another subwoofer doesn't exactly blow my mind. On paper, the Empire looks to be darn impressive. I'd like Chad to hurry up and post some real specs as much as the next guy, but for now, real world listening tests are the best thing we have to go by. You could sure do a lot worse - like pure speculation based on past products or company bias. FWIW, I'd be interested to know more details on WHY the Empire outperformed the Plus (in his opinion), as opposed to a simple "Sub A is better than Sub B" statement.

Maybe, maybe not. I hope the Empire gets reviewed as much as the next person. We'll see. However, if it isn't, I doubt it's because Chad is ashamed or has something to hide...

Not sure what this adds to the discussion...

And why is this? I'm not saying the Empire DOES beat the PB12-Plus, but I don't find the notion unconscionable. Do you base this assumption on the merits (or lack thereof) of any Epik subwoofers (past or present models), or simply on the belief that SVS is always superior? Have you heard an Epik subwoofer before, or any ID subwoofer other than SVS for that matter? Again, I love SVS - the company and the products - and will gladly endorse and support them in the future, but their products aren't unquestionably superior simply because they've been formally "reviewed".

No I based my oppinion on many reviews Ive read one on sound vision a magazine im sure you probably heard of and they actually named the new pb12 plus the best sub of the year along with producing some excellent numbers with there testing to back it up. No SVS is not Superior to all subs just because there reviewed but its much better than not like some. Its there build quality, performance, looks and last but not least excellent business ethics with pretty much the best customer you could ever want or dream of .I can see I wore out my welcome here on Epics thread and I am going to unsubscribe because the last thing I wanted to do was offend Epic or there customers but thats what I've ended up doing. There are Some Epic owners on this Forum that I really like and the last thing I wanted to do was offend them although well some that I really dont like and wish it wasnt a forum and more of a get together so we can all talk face to face, im sure are wording and statements would be a lot different than banging out words on a key board, But back to what I was saying I was originally very interested in getting a Epic sub but I kept seeing and reading things I didnt like and without beating a dead horse you probably know what im talking about so anyway I kept getting attracted to epic by its personal reviews and ending up on this thread with mostly negiative things to say witch indirectly insulting other member that are Epic owners and Epic them self also again that was not my intentions . So with that being said my apologies to all including Epic except maybe one member and since I dont have any intentions of ever buying a Epic sub and really nothing positive to say on this thread. I am going to unsubscribe before I add anymore insult to injury. I wish all the happiness a sub can provide to most Epic sub owners
post #11536 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 10:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

No I based my oppinion on many reviews Ive read one on sound vision a magazine im sure you probably heard of and they actually named the new pb12 plus the best sub of the year along with producing some excellent numbers with there testing to back it up. No SVS is not Superior to all subs just because there reviewed but its much better than not like some. Its there build quality, performance, looks and last but not least excellent business ethics with pretty much the best customer you could ever want or dream of .I can see I wore out my welcome here on Epics thread and I am going to unsubscribe because the last thing I wanted to do was offend Epic or there customers but thats what I've ended up doing. There are Some Epic owners on this Forum that I really like and the last thing I wanted to do was offend them although well some that I really dont like and wish it wasnt a forum and more of a get together so we can all talk face to face, im sure are wording and statements would be a lot different than banging out words on a key board, But back to what I was saying I was originally very interested in getting a Epic sub but I kept seeing and reading things I didnt like and without beating a dead horse you probably know what im talking about so anyway I kept getting attracted to epic by its personal reviews and ending up on this thread with mostly negiative things to say witch indirectly insulting other member that are Epic owners and Epic them self also again that was not my intentions . So with that being said my apologies to all including Epic except maybe one member and since I dont have any intentions of ever buying a Epic sub and really nothing positive to say on this thread. I am going to unsubscribe before I add anymore insult to injury. I wish all the happiness a sub can provide to most Epic sub owners

Hey Factor,

FWIW, I enjoy your enthusiasm on these boards and it's not my intention to "run you out" of the Epik thread. Hopefully I haven't come off that way. If so, I apologize. I pretty much agree with your thoughts on SVS: high performance products (according to users, professional reviewers, and measurements), good pricing, and second-to-none customer service.

I also agree with your statement that typing posts on a keyboard can often be misconstrued. I think things like subtlety, sarcasm, and jest can easily be interpreted as hostility or bashing. It's easy for people to get testy and defensive, even when the comments they're responding to aren't meant in a negative light.

Ultimately I think we can both agree that SVS and Epik have strong customer bases for a reason: both companies offer superb products that would cost a small fortune in a B&M store! SVS is admittedly the more mature company, and understandably so (they've been around for quite a bit longer). There are certainly areas in which Epik can improve, and I hope they do so in the future. For now, I'm just glad both companies are around providing products. Both SVS and Epik owners can be proud of the subwoofers they own. Hopefully brand loyalty and pride can be enjoyed by owners of subs from both companies without the need to disparage others .

No hard feelings, man .
post #11537 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Gov
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Factor,

I know you mean no offense and I am an Epik owner as you know, but appreciate your comments on this thread. Sometimes we need people like you to keep this thread real
Now don't feel you need to go man

Panny TC-P65VT60 (calibrated by Chad B), Denon AVR-4311, Comcast X1 DVR, Apple TV 3, Sony BDP-S5100,  Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers (mains), Horizon (CC) and HTM-200's (Surr), Dual PSA XV15 Subwoofers!!
post #11538 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 11:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakersfan34 View Post

Hey Factor,

FWIW, I enjoy your enthusiasm on these boards and it's not my intention to "run you out" of the Epik thread. Hopefully I haven't come off that way. If so, I apologize. I pretty much agree with your thoughts on SVS: high performance products (according to users, professional reviewers, and measurements), good pricing, and second-to-none customer service.

I also agree with your statement that typing posts on a keyboard can often be misconstrued. I think things like subtlety, sarcasm, and jest can easily be interpreted as hostility or bashing. It's easy for people to get testy and defensive, even when the comments they're responding to aren't meant in a negative light.

Ultimately I think we can both agree that SVS and Epik have strong customer bases for a reason: both companies offer superb products that would cost a small fortune in a B&M store! SVS is admittedly the more mature company, and understandably so (they've been around for quite a bit longer). There are certainly areas in which Epik can improve, and I hope they do so in the future. For now, I'm just glad both companies are around providing products. Both SVS and Epik owners can be proud of the subwoofers they own. Hopefully brand loyalty and pride can be enjoyed by owners of subs from both companies without the need to disparage others .

No hard feelings, man .

Wow thank you so much for the kind words although im not very good sometimes with putting my feelings or thoughts into words thank you for doing it for me because thats pretty much how I feel and agree with you 100% on everything you said. Also I didnt feel that you ran me off that wasn't the case, I ran myself off for good reason . I know this much that 99% of Epic sub owners and prospects must be some of the nicest folks here because to put up with me all this time, well If I were them I would of ran me out of this thread a long time ago and made sure I never came back lol . So thank you to all Epic sub owners and soon to be for putting up with me all this time ,my apoligies and LaLakersfan a big thank you for the kind words, understanding me and that I really didnt have bad intentions.I really do appreciate your thoughtfulness and consideration for my not so considerate or polished comments on this thread
post #11539 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 11:21 PM

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 1010
Quote:

and since I dont have any intentions of ever buying a Epic sub and really nothing positive to say on this thread.

Is this only because they have traditionally not been formally reviewed? This really suggests you are interested in fulfilling the role of the devil's advocate.

Also, the "here come the lynch mob" (I'm not accusing you of making this one, btw) remarks only fuel the fire.
post #11540 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 11:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gov View Post

Factor,

I know you mean no offense and I am an Epik owner as you know, but appreciate your comments on this thread. Sometimes we need people like you to keep this thread real
Now don't feel you need to go man

Thanks Gov and btw you were on the top of my list in my mind hoping I didnt offend you each time I put my foot in my big mouth Thanks bro so much for understanding to , you rock man EDIT Also I wont leave this permanently but I'll take a little break ok a long break because I can see theres still some feathers floating around from my earlier ruffling
post #11541 of 20380 Old 02-07-2010, 11:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie97 View Post

Is this only because they have traditionally not been formally reviewed? This really suggests you are interested in fulfilling the role of the devil's advocate.

Also, the "here come the lynch mob" (I'm not accusing you of making this one, btw) remarks only fuel the fire.

Agreed
post #11542 of 20380 Old 02-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Advanced Member

Well, after a long agonizing weekend of research, I bit the bullet and placed an order for dual Empires. This is my first real sub purchase and hopefully all goes well. With the Epik rep behind them and me wanting to round out my HT with good dual subs, I couldn't resist the introdutory pricing. Anyone know how long they take to ship? I don't mind waiting but was just curious.

I'll let you all know how it all goes!

Thank you all for the flood of information from this thread!

ala Yoda...

"Tweeters". Heh! "Treble". Heh! A basshead craves not these things! ...
post #11543 of 20380 Old 02-08-2010, 12:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dondino View Post

Well, after a long agonizing weekend of research, I bit the bullet and placed an order for dual Empires. This is my first real sub purchase and hopefully all goes well. With the Epik rep behind them and me wanting to round out my HT with good dual subs, I couldn't resist the introdutory pricing. Anyone know how long they take to ship? I don't mind waiting but was just curious.

I'll let you all know how it all goes!

Thank you all for the flood of information from this thread!

Congratulations! Going from no subs (or at least no "real" subs) to two Empires should be a heck of an experience . Not sure how long they'll take to ship. I know Epik had them in stock for a little while but I don't know if they have any left or if they'll need to build some more.

Make sure to let us know what you think when you get them. I think you'll be impressed
post #11544 of 20380 Old 02-08-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:

Your saying it beats the new PB12Plus and you owned one ?Well the new PB12 PLUS has a different amp I beleive and A different bigger driver 12.5 that hasn't even been out very long and just recently started shipping so you must have had the old one. Are those your personal comparisons or reviews from a magazine or forums that test them. I dont beleive theres even any specs out on the Empire yet let a lone any tests. If those are your personal observations thats a little different. I doubt highly the Empire will ever make it to a true Professional reviewer before a a new line of there subs come out since they seem replace previous subs more than folks change there cloths So when you say it easily beats a PB 12PLUS the new or the old one I find it hard to beieve unless of course thats just your op. No offence intented.

Are you missing something? YES THE NEW PB12-PLUS WITH THE OAK PANELS ON THE SIDE AND THE 12.5 DRIVER. It was purchased in MARCH 2009. I remember reading somewhere that it needs a very large room to perform at its best. Everything is relative are far as how a specific sub sounds. As for professional reviews, the noted review is hardly detailed. Care to post a more detailed review?
post #11545 of 20380 Old 02-08-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:

When I saw the New Empire , it definitely looked very cheaply made .The previous Epics looked like they had a little more quality to them and it's truly a shame they discontinued the 18's . Im sure they werent cost effective to make with not as much profit to be made . Hopefuly previous owners will be able to get replacement parts for a few years if needed .

Well, Im going to have one to check over and run an Audiocontrol RTA 3052 to see what its really doing this thursday. A friend(albeit YOUNG one) decided to go with it, because it has a "bigger amplifier"(600watt class D no less), and 2 15" drivers(Isobaric configuration in an enclosure half its true optimal size)opposing one another over a Rythmik F15 because it only has a "tiny" 370 watt custom built CLass A/B amp(with 9 way subsonic,rumble filter,3 way PEQ control,12/24db variable xover/phase control, current limited etc......you know the actual USEFUL things you would want on your sub )with direct servo control and a much higher quality driver and enclosure for basically the same price. He is all about boom though.......I'll get a chance to see it and hear what it is really capable. Im not expecting as much as some people here have already claimed. Ive done the big drivers in a small isobaric config route before and there are always downfalls and dissapointments. THis isn't car audio JL/Polk/ROckfordfosgate land were in here.
post #11546 of 20380 Old 02-08-2010, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdm1699 View Post

Are you missing something? YES THE NEW PB12-PLUS WITH THE OAK PANELS ON THE SIDE AND THE 12.5 DRIVER. It was purchased in MARCH 2009. I remember reading somewhere that it needs a very large room to perform at its best. Everything is relative are far as how a specific sub sounds. As for professional reviews, the noted review is hardly detailed. Care to post a more detailed review?

Its much more detailed then none at all like the Empire Give me a break, are you missing something ? Btw whats your idea of detailed ?
post #11547 of 20380 Old 02-08-2010, 05:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Well, Im going to have one to check over and run an Audiocontrol RTA 3052 to see what its really doing this thursday. A friend(albeit YOUNG one) decided to go with it, because it has a "bigger amplifier(600watt class D no less), and 2 15" drivers(Isobaric configuration in an enclosure half its true optimal size)opposing one another over a Rythmik F15 because it only has a "tiny" 370 watt custom built CLass A/B amp(with 9 way subsonic,rumble filter,3 way PEQ control,12/24db variable xover/phase control, current limited etc......you know the actual USEFUL things you would want on your sub )with direct servo control and a much higher quality driver and enclosure for basically the same price. He is all about boom though.......I'll get a chance to see it and hear what it is really capable. Im not expecting as much as some people here have already claimed. Ive done the big drivers in a small isobaric config route before and there are always downfalls and dissapointments. THis isn't car audio JL/Polk/ROckfordfosgate land were in here.

Thank you for your reply and im very much looking forward to your results
post #11548 of 20380 Old 02-08-2010, 06:00 AM

Liked: 11
Guys ... please ....

Not Fun = Paying Taxes

Fun = Hooters Girls

Not Fun = Mother-in-law coming to dinner

Fun = Watching the game with the guys

Not Fun = Bitching about subwoofers

Fun = "I just made my neighbor's cat piss on the drapes during the pod scene on WOTW with my new Acme subwoofer"

Not fun sucks. Fun is good.

ps ... wonder what an Acme subwoofer would to to Wile E Coyote ???
post #11549 of 20380 Old 02-08-2010, 06:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoingOK View Post

I had originally tried fitting a Sentinel in the fiance's office. It was barely too big. I'm good to go with her having the Vanquish....Man Law #26 states no woman is allowed to have a more powerful subwoofer than her man.

this is a decent rule...
But not one I will likely ever need to enforce with my wife.
post #11550 of 20380 Old 02-08-2010, 06:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 190
......guess it depends on if we have specs on it and if its been independantly tested.

Samsung 64F8500, Panasonic 65VT50, Oppo 95, Tivo Roamio for OTA, Dish VIP722, Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel Amps, Atlantic Tech 8200 speakers, Seaton Submersive HP, Calman 5, Chromapure, Accupel DVG-5000, i1Display3pro, i1pro2, eecolor colorbox.
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Epik Legend Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page