Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #17101 of 20385 Old 09-13-2011, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 103
[quote=srpawski;20925435]After much research I think I have decided that I would like to mate a pair of Legends co-located one on each side of my Mythos STS front speakers meaning they would both be placed in the nearfield. I would think that this would allow for an even blended balance of sound and easier to make it sound as if it is coming from the towers. The room is in the basement, size which is 21X42 directly across from another room that has a 6 foot opening to it which is 20x20. Both rooms have 8 foot drop ceilings and are carpeted. The larger of the two rooms is all one and is not divided. The listening area is in the larger room in the half that has the opening to the other 20X20 room taking up roughly an area of 21X15 with the main listening positions about 10 feet back from the speakers. Essentially, the basement is like a large L.
QUOTE]

Unfortunately bass doesn't see your drop ceiling and travels through and so would count up to the ceiling above. You are looking at over 8000+ cu. ft. open to another 3600+. I am afraid two legends in that space would leave me wanting more for HT IMO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17102 of 20385 Old 09-13-2011, 04:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by srpawski View Post

Thanks for the tip on that. I did not know they did that with the discount. I am in Michigan. The $977.10 is the same for duals purchased at the same time. If I purchase one, it comes to $555.55 with shipping, which I believe is almost $20 more than it was a month ago for the purchase of one. I swear last month it was just under $540 for one shipped.

Did you have two Legends then?

Yes, bought 1 then decided to get a second a month later.
I read about the delayed discount here somewhere, then e-mailed Epik to verify (before purchase). First sub purchased in May was $562.56, second in June was 461.41. The $977.10 figure I used in last post was got today in their checkout but if it is different then it was in May, its not by much, I remember it being $970 something.
Just to be certain I would e-mail to verify (save response).
post #17103 of 20385 Old 09-14-2011, 04:25 AM

Liked: 10
[quote=Luke Kamp;20945264]
Quote:
Originally Posted by srpawski View Post

After much research I think I have decided that I would like to mate a pair of Legends co-located one on each side of my Mythos STS front speakers meaning they would both be placed in the nearfield. I would think that this would allow for an even blended balance of sound and easier to make it sound as if it is coming from the towers. The room is in the basement, size which is 21X42 directly across from another room that has a 6 foot opening to it which is 20x20. Both rooms have 8 foot drop ceilings and are carpeted. The larger of the two rooms is all one and is not divided. The listening area is in the larger room in the half that has the opening to the other 20X20 room taking up roughly an area of 21X15 with the main listening positions about 10 feet back from the speakers. Essentially, the basement is like a large L.
QUOTE]

Unfortunately bass doesn't see your drop ceiling and travels through and so would count up to the ceiling above. You are looking at over 8000+ cu. ft. open to another 3600+. I am afraid two legends in that space would leave me wanting more for HT IMO.

Room asthetics are important to me as much as performance. I agree that most think dual Empires are appropriate, however, I have decided I am not willing to sacrifice the looks of dual 15" subs given their physical size and appearance. Budget is also a factor, but not as much as the overall look that it would give the room. After much thought I am not willing to go larger than a Legend in size.

Given the cost of being able to get two Legends for the price of one supercube II or the upcoming supercube 6000, there is no question that for performance just one Legend is far superior and for that reason is why I decided to skip going with def tech subs. I am still not totally 100% convinced I "need" a pair of Legends for what I am trying to achieve despite what most would do in my situation and am tempted to try out one for starters, but as long as I have the space planned for dual subs I am thinking about just going ahead and getting them to get it over and done with. Last weekend I installed a pair of new wall keystones (monoprice) that house an in wall sub cable and speaker banana jacks on each side of my television at the floor level to accomodate dual subs and my right and left channels of my fronts. Everything is ready to go.
post #17104 of 20385 Old 09-15-2011, 01:09 PM

Have you guys had any issues contacting Epik? I've been trying to call for the last 3 days, left a voicemail, and emailed.. no response yet. I'm a little concerned about purchasing a product I cannot get phone support for. HSU and Rythmik gave me a much better CS feeling.
post #17105 of 20385 Old 09-15-2011, 01:36 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabch22 View Post

Have you guys had any issues contacting Epik? I've been trying to call for the last 3 days, left a voicemail, and emailed.. no response yet. I'm a little concerned about purchasing a product I cannot get phone support for. HSU and Rythmik gave me a much better CS feeling.

I contacted them Via email the other day, took 2 days to get a response. From what I can tell, they are swamped with request and have put all there effort into getting the Empires back rolling.

There site ain't lying about the Empire being backed ordered until mid-late oct

To beat a noob, you must think like a noob...
post #17106 of 20385 Old 09-15-2011, 10:06 PM
AVS Special Member

How do you guys like the Epik Legend? Does it go down pretty low? Pretty accurate?

Hows Epiks CS? Are there a lot of issues with amps/other things i should know about?

Thanks!
post #17107 of 20385 Old 09-15-2011, 11:00 PM

Two weeks ago I tried to contact Epik for four days in a row; I called at least a dozen times and never an answer. A message instructed me to leave a message or try sending an email. I had a simple question to ask before I was willling to place an online order for dual Empires. I tried to find the answer to my question online, but there is no user manual or documentation that I could find. I decided that I was better off going with another brand of dual 15" subs on glowing recommendations elsewhere on AVS Forum. I should receive them tomorrow. I am sure that the Epik Empire is a great sub for the money, especially if there is such a backorder for them and they are so busy filling orders they can not answer the telephone. For me, however, I did not feel good ordering from a company I could not contact when there is no user manual to refer to for basic questions. I felt the same frustration as I feel waiting in a long checkout line at Wal-mart when there are many closed registers. I think it is crazy that a retail business, either brick and mortar, or internet based, does not make it very easy to "check-out," or contact a "salesman". Great product or not, they are going to have to earn my business.
post #17108 of 20385 Old 09-16-2011, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azstork View Post

Two weeks ago I tried to contact Epik for four days in a row; I called at least a dozen times and never an answer. A message instructed me to leave a message or try sending an email. I had a simple question to ask before I was willling to place an online order for dual Empires. I tried to find the answer to my question online, but there is no user manual or documentation that I could find. I decided that I was better off going with another brand of dual 15" subs on glowing recommendations elsewhere on AVS Forum. I should receive them tomorrow. I am sure that the Epik Empire is a great sub for the money, especially if there is such a backorder for them and they are so busy filling orders they can not answer the telephone. For me, however, I did not feel good ordering from a company I could not contact when there is no user manual to refer to for basic questions. I felt the same frustration as I feel waiting in a long checkout line at Wal-mart when there are many closed registers. I think it is crazy that a retail business, either brick and mortar, or internet based, does not make it very easy to "check-out," or contact a "salesman". Great product or not, they are going to have to earn my business.

Exactly. You're checkout comment made me think about being in line at DMV and the music they play... pure hell.

Due to the comments here about their subs, I wanted to demo them and a friend was going to split the cost with me on a package. I simply wanted to speak w/ someone to discuss options, but that has yet to happen. Other companies I've called at least has someone answer the phone, even if they have to get back to me (which they do). I'm not saying Epik is a bad company, I'm sure they're great, and just damn busy filling orders (like Noob said in his post). It's hard for me to buy a product if I do not get the warm and fuzzy on the CS side. I want to know if I have issues, I can get someone on the phone or email/forum response (within business 2 days) so I can be back up and operational quickly.

Hopefully existing owners have had better experience on the CS side and this is just a random occurrence that will clear up shortly.
post #17109 of 20385 Old 09-16-2011, 06:54 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabch22 View Post

Exactly. You're checkout comment made me think about being in line at DMV and the music they play... pure hell.

Due to the comments here about their subs, I wanted to demo them and a friend was going to split the cost with me on a package. I simply wanted to speak w/ someone to discuss options, but that has yet to happen. Other companies I've called at least has someone answer the phone, even if they have to get back to me (which they do). I'm not saying Epik is a bad company, I'm sure they're great, and just damn busy filling orders (like Noob said in his post). It's hard for me to buy a product if I do not get the warm and fuzzy on the CS side. I want to know if I have issues, I can get someone on the phone or email/forum response (within business 2 days) so I can be back up and operational quickly.

Hopefully existing owners have had better experience on the CS side and this is just a random occurrence that will clear up shortly.

Looks like every one has a different perspective or luck in getting reply from Epik.
However, as most of you know, people are more likely to post to complain than to speak positively.
My experience with Epik has been much better.
I was one of the first people to buy a Conquest when Chad was getting started. I called him several times when I was researching my options and was usually able to get a hold of him within half a day and several times he spent good 15 minutes on the phone with me explaining his product.

Fast forward to several weeks ago - the amp in my Conquest quit working - was blowing fuses immediately on power up.
I called Chad and left him a message. Within a couple of hours he called me and suggested couple of things to check.
I checked these out, however, it was a problem with the amp.
Called Chad again and in two tries got a hold of him to place an order for a replacement amp, which he promptly FedExed to me.

I understand the frustration of those who want instant gratification and respect your right to take your business elsewhere.
However, just be aware that you should not be concerned about customer service.
Chad has always gotten back to me and taken good care of his customers. You only would be giving up on great products by going else where.

And let me tell you, the days I was without the Conquest really sucked.
My back up sub, an old M&K dual 12" really left bass (impact) lacking.
I am still extremely happy with my Conquest - this sub shakes concrete foundations (no need for Buttshakers) of the house and moves serious air. You feel impact of heavy things hitting the ground in films (i.e. stones launched in the Return of the King, or freeway pieces in the last Die Hard movie)
And is also very good for music.

Sad to see that Chad is not making it anymore.
Would love to hear dual Legends though.
I would guess that they can move comparable quantity of air, just not sure if they have the same concrete shaking impact of the Conquest.

Anyway - this is my two cents opinion - choose according to what works for you.
post #17110 of 20385 Old 09-16-2011, 08:38 AM

Spoke w/ Chad finally and placed an order for the Empire. He was very helpful and answered all my questions. Can't wait for it to come in.
post #17111 of 20385 Old 09-16-2011, 12:53 PM

Quote:

Saw this post today and I apologize you didn't get a hold us by phone. Hope you're happy with whatever sub(s) you chose, although I'm not familiar with another dual 15" sub out there.

Please, leave a message. We would have gotten back to you very quickly.

If you call our offices and you do not leave a message, we can not call you back. If you do not email us, we can not email you back.

If we do not answer your call, it means we are on another line or away from our desks working on people's orders. We ask that you leave us a message or email us. Do not give up or try repeat calling. It means we're not accessible at the present time.

Chad Kuypers, the owner, is usually too nice. You have no idea how many people call him and ask him questions. Sometimes he's on the phone with one person for over an hour. I say he is too nice because he answers questions about everything from other brands of speakers to cables to electronics, etc. In addition to handling most of the calls, he handles most emails, technical support, manufacturing, designing and engineering, marketing and packaging, etc.

We do return all calls within 24 hours and often times, within just an hour or two. Otherwise, please email us and we will reply as quickly as possible.

Again, I'm sorry to hear we weren't available when you called. We do return all calls and email our customers, even if it means I have to reply by a forum post on AVS.

Karen L.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17112 of 20385 Old 09-16-2011, 01:03 PM

Quote:

Now that you vented (brain-farted?) anonymously to the world, do you feel better?

I ask because, since there is no new information content in this post other than your subjective experience, the only reason for such a post must be to make the poster feel better about themselves.

Anyone else find this pattern on internet forums amusing?

Pattern: The compulsion to expose subjective feelings regardless of reason, or consideration of possible TMI to other people, usually in one of the following forms:

"I am quitting this thread/forum because of ..."
or
"I'm not buying this because (insert subjective reasons here)"
or
" 'They' are not going to get my business! "
or
"I am buying brand X instead of brand Y (you losers) See how much smarter I am than the rest of the forum members to have made that decision?..."

or in a more honest form:
"I don't have any confidence in my own judgement. Tell me what you think of my thinking!"

The range of experiences people have contacting this tiny company reveals more about the person doing the contacting than the company, in my opinion.

Patient?
Demanding?
Reasonable?
Tone? (civil or adolescent?)
Prone to pitching fits in frustration?
Self-control and poise?
Fly off the handle?
Persistent?
Persistent to the point of insanity? (trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results)

The biggest whiners about not getting an immediate (or timely) response seem to fit a pattern where, if you were a service rep dealing with them in person, you might be put off by their attitude and/or (lack of) people skills. Their posts in complaint typically show an immature tone with an emotional edge.

I guess it is entertaining if not informative...
Just sayin'!

=>><<=robobob
post #17113 of 20385 Old 09-16-2011, 01:19 PM

Liked: 12
I still can't help but to ALWAYS come back to wanting dual legends for my setup. And it comes down to size really and the lack of room I have for a set of subs. They simply can't be too wide of a box. If I could stuff Empires between my TV stand and front mains, I would. But I'm sure dual legends would absolutely murder my dual Velodyne VX-10's in my old home. Hell, I'd rather have 15" or 18" woofers but I'm more musical then HT... So hopefully something 12" and sealed will keep up to my mains when pushed. Cause the Velo's cant.

I truly hate to read so many issues some members have had and I think that's what has prevented me from doing something crazy and ordering a pair and crossing the border to pick them up. But voiding the warranty just isn't reassuring enough that these would give me many years of pleasure without incident.

Epik - You need to start selling/shipping to Canada.
post #17114 of 20385 Old 09-16-2011, 01:19 PM

Ok so I'm in the market for a sub and am looking real hard at the legend. My only hesitation has to do with placement due to the side firing subs. I'm thinking that the best place for the sub would be up front which gives me two options. One is between my exterior wall and my entertainment center with about 6-8 in on either side. The second is on the other end of the entertainment center. The issue her us that my "front" wall which is the wall the sub would be against has an open door way that is just to the left of where the sub would set. This would cause traffic flow problems and I'm afraid I would loose sound down the hall way towards my kids rooms. I've thought that I could place it farther back. Three options here. One would be to the direct left of the chair where I set about 4 ft or so. One driver would fire into my couch and there is a large hall running off this wall behind the sub. Last two options are behind me. One almost directly the other about 5 ft (actually in my dining room and behind my rears)

All of this us making me look else where. HSU VTF-2, rhythmic fv12, or klipsch rw12d.

I know this is a long post with lots of info but I'd rather not get something that's not going to fit right in my space and have to eat shipping cost.

Any ideas, words of sage advise, etc.
post #17115 of 20385 Old 09-16-2011, 01:59 PM
GTZ

Liked: 12
[quote=jacole;20959426] ...two options. One is between my exterior wall and my entertainment center with about 6-8 in on either side.[quote]

With 6-8" on either side you'll be fine.
post #17116 of 20385 Old 09-16-2011, 02:48 PM

So it won't muffle sound any or cause extra wall shaking. (I know their go a shake with that monster)
post #17117 of 20385 Old 09-16-2011, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 779
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacole View Post

So it won't muffle sound any or cause extra wall shaking. (I know their go a shake with that monster)

Huh? Please translate into English that bit in the parentheses...

Otherwise, extra "shaking" compared to what? Muffle sound from a sub? Huh?

p.s. Sorry if English isn't your primary language.

post #17118 of 20385 Old 09-17-2011, 01:10 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 22
I'm seriously considering getting a pair of Epik Legends (love that name!) and had a few questions.

My setup is in a family room that's around 2100 cubic feet (21' x 12' x 7.5-9') that leads into a small kitchen and a hallway that goes to four rooms. I've been using an SVS 20-39 PC sub for several years now, and have enjoyed it quite a bit. I use a sub for TV, movies, and games 95% of the time and 5% for music. My main speakers are Rocket RS750's with rears and center from the same manufacturer.

I'd like to have a bit tighter bass with maybe a bit more extension. Also, on newer movies I can sometimes bottom out the old SVS without a whole lot of effort, so I'd like to remedy that. For instance, at the little sequence that starts at 0:50:00 on the Star Trek (2009) Blu-ray, the SVS will bottom out with a short clunk if I have the sub level on the receiver a little too high. Pretty distracting.

I do not listen at super loud volumes, so quality is more important than quantity for me. I've read several comments about how awesome a pair of subs are for dealing with room modes and such, so I started thinking in those terms.

Browsing this forum, the HSU VTF-15H and Epik Empire quickly bubbled to the top of the list, but after getting my tape measure out, I realized that both of these are way too big to fit into my HT area, especially a pair of either of those.

So with size a factor, about the only HSU and Epik products that would fit would be a pair of HSU ULS-15's or a pair of Epik Legends.

Now a pair of ULS-15's would be more than I was initially thinking to spend, but I could justify it to myself. The fact that a pair of Legends would mean spending a lot less doesn't hurt, but it's not my #1 priority.

OK, so finally my questions.

* The HSU web site says that the ULS-15 extends down to 10 Hz in most rooms. Is that a significant factor in most movies? The idea of really feeling the really low end is appealing of course!
* The Epik web site says that the Legend extends down to 16-18 Hz. Is this a matter of sacrificing ultimate low extension in order to have better midbass? My gut tells me that midbass is going to be more useful more often with TV/movies/games.
* One of the subs I would be placing only a few inches from the side of my couch. Is that a problem with the two drivers on the Legend? One of them would be firing right into the couch.
* A nice feature on the ULS-15 is the wireless option. Is there a product that could be used with the Legend to give that same functionality? I wouldn't need it if the couch placement thing is OK, but if not, that would give a lot more placement flexibility.
* I take it that a pair of Legends would be an upgrade overall from the SVS 20-39 PC, right?
* Does it sound like a pair of Legends would be a good fit for my room dimensions and existing speakers?

Thanks!
post #17119 of 20385 Old 09-19-2011, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I have an Empire for sale. If anyone is interested then just shoot me a pm.
post #17120 of 20385 Old 09-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaeel View Post

On behalf of those who might be interested, perhaps listing your general location might be helpful.
post #17121 of 20385 Old 09-19-2011, 11:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmagloo View Post

On behalf of those who might be interested, perhaps listing your general location might be helpful.

Sorry I was trying to be as brief as possible so as not to take away attention from the thread. I'm in PA and will work with the buyer on shipping charges.
post #17122 of 20385 Old 09-20-2011, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Tack View Post

I'm seriously considering getting a pair of Epik Legends (love that name!) and had a few questions.

My setup is in a family room that's around 2100 cubic feet (21' x 12' x 7.5-9') that leads into a small kitchen and a hallway that goes to four rooms. I've been using an SVS 20-39 PC sub for several years now, and have enjoyed it quite a bit. I use a sub for TV, movies, and games 95% of the time and 5% for music. My main speakers are Rocket RS750's with rears and center from the same manufacturer.

I'd like to have a bit tighter bass with maybe a bit more extension. Also, on newer movies I can sometimes bottom out the old SVS without a whole lot of effort, so I'd like to remedy that. For instance, at the little sequence that starts at 0:50:00 on the Star Trek (2009) Blu-ray, the SVS will bottom out with a short clunk if I have the sub level on the receiver a little too high. Pretty distracting.

I do not listen at super loud volumes, so quality is more important than quantity for me. I've read several comments about how awesome a pair of subs are for dealing with room modes and such, so I started thinking in those terms.

Browsing this forum, the HSU VTF-15H and Epik Empire quickly bubbled to the top of the list, but after getting my tape measure out, I realized that both of these are way too big to fit into my HT area, especially a pair of either of those.

So with size a factor, about the only HSU and Epik products that would fit would be a pair of HSU ULS-15's or a pair of Epik Legends.

Now a pair of ULS-15's would be more than I was initially thinking to spend, but I could justify it to myself. The fact that a pair of Legends would mean spending a lot less doesn't hurt, but it's not my #1 priority.

OK, so finally my questions.

* The HSU web site says that the ULS-15 extends down to 10 Hz in most rooms. Is that a significant factor in most movies? The idea of really feeling the really low end is appealing of course!

Here ya go.

* The Epik web site says that the Legend extends down to 16-18 Hz. Is this a matter of sacrificing ultimate low extension in order to have better midbass?

Maybe.

My gut tells me that midbass is going to be more useful more often with TV/movies/games.

* One of the subs I would be placing only a few inches from the side of my couch. Is that a problem with the two drivers on the Legend? One of them would be firing right into the couch.

Probably not. Nearfield placement is sometimes ideal.

* A nice feature on the ULS-15 is the wireless option. Is there a product that could be used with the Legend to give that same functionality? I wouldn't need it if the couch placement thing is OK, but if not, that would give a lot more placement flexibility.

There are several wireless kits available now. Audioengine and Outlaw, are a couple of them.

* I take it that a pair of Legends would be an upgrade overall from the SVS 20-39 PC, right?

Don't know.

* Does it sound like a pair of Legends would be a good fit for my room dimensions and existing speakers?

I think it would be enjoyable.

Thanks!

Steve, I have both a Legend and ULS-15. The ULS-15 extends easily to 16 Hz with authority in my room. I can get to ~25 Hz with the Legend.

A Nice Radio Station with Great Music. For Those That Like That Sort of Thing:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #17123 of 20385 Old 09-20-2011, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhskyTangoFoxtrt View Post

Steve, I have both a Legend and ULS-15. The ULS-15 extends easily to 16 Hz with authority in my room. I can get to ~25 Hz with the Legend.

Thanks for the post! The ULS-15 does sound appealing.

Any thoughts on dual vs single subs? I have room for one large-ish sub or two smaller subs. Dual Legends sounded good on paper, but without the lower extension, wouldn't be quite as "fun" I don't think.

I discovered yesterday that the JTR Captivator has a small enough footprint that I could squeeze a single one in my room. I had it in my head that I should really try for dual subs, but I read a comment (don't remember by who) that the JTR Captivator was sort of the exception to the rule that dual subs are always the way to go. One JTR Captivator 1000 would be less expensive that dual ULS-15's. I guess I'm stating to go off topic on an Epik thread though...
post #17124 of 20385 Old 09-20-2011, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:

Thanks for the post! The ULS-15 does sound appealing.

Any thoughts on dual vs single subs? I have room for one large-ish sub or two smaller subs. Dual Legends sounded good on paper, but without the lower extension, wouldn't be quite as "fun" I don't think.

I discovered yesterday that the JTR Captivator has a small enough footprint that I could squeeze a single one in my room. I had it in my head that I should really try for dual subs, but I read a comment (don't remember by who) that the JTR Captivator was sort of the exception to the rule that dual subs are always the way to go. One JTR Captivator 1000 would be less expensive that dual ULS-15's. I guess I'm stating to go off topic on an Epik thread though...

The Captivator is the exception only in that it's output may very well excede two or more of most of the subs out there. That does not give a single Captivator any magic ability to offer the frequency response smoothing effect that multiple subs can give.
post #17125 of 20385 Old 09-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike View Post

The Captivator is the exception only in that it's output may very well excede two or more of most of the subs out there. That does not give a single Captivator any magic ability to offer the frequency response smoothing effect that multiple subs can give.

I see, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

I know that low frequencies can be quite challenging to deal with in rooms without bass traps and/or of the "wrong" dimensions (square is bad). I assume the dual subs thing can help deal with "room modes" that cause too much or too little low frequency audio at various part of the room.
post #17126 of 20385 Old 09-20-2011, 01:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Quote:

I see, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

I know that low frequencies can be quite challenging to deal with in rooms without bass traps and/or of the "wrong" dimensions (square is bad). I assume the dual subs thing can help deal with "room modes" that cause too much or too little low frequency audio at various part of the room.

You are correct. Two (or more) subs can definitely help with problem acoustics. Multiple subs also can help to make the bass more consistent in more than just one primary seating position. That is something that can be tough to do with only one sub.
post #17127 of 20385 Old 09-20-2011, 07:09 PM

I have had my 2 Empires and AS-EQ1 for around a year. Bass is amazing, but I'm getting rid of 1 Empire and the EQ. The wife wants a compromise, lol. She dislikes the bass and I figure one was good enough, until I build a new house with a theater room. Then, I'll get 4. I live in Louisiana. They are on Craigslist/New Orleans. PM if interested.
post #17128 of 20385 Old 09-20-2011, 10:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurfk View Post

I have had my 2 Empires and AS-EQ1 for around a year. Bass is amazing, but I'm getting rid of 1 Empire and the EQ. The wife wants a compromise, lol. She dislikes the bass and I figure one was good enough, until I build a new house with a theater room. Then, I'll get 4. I live in Louisiana. They are on Craigslist/New Orleans. PM if interested.

Keep the EQ as there is not anything better as a standalone sub EQ. One Empire can use it. If the wife doesn't like the bass, she sure won't like it without the EQ on one Empire.

Dual Submersive HP's

New HT Room -  

post #17129 of 20385 Old 09-21-2011, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madaeel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurfk View Post

I'm not a Mod, and I don't play one on TV, but AVS has a Classifieds section on purpose. You might want to list your items there, lest you risk the ire of the True Mods.

Also, jmurfk, not sure why you would get rid of an Empire and your EQ...just turn them both down for now. Unless you need the cashflow.

shinksma (back into lurk mode, still curious about any 18" Dual driver design that may get produced - I need those single-digit FRs...)

My opinions are my own, and do not necessarily reflect those of my captors.
post #17130 of 20385 Old 09-21-2011, 11:36 AM

I hear that shinksma! Dual 18's would need a HUGE cabinet
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Epik Legend Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page