Official Epik Subwoofer Thread - Page 610 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #18271 of 20385 Old 05-24-2012, 02:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Called half a dozen times and left messages, sent two emails, no response, epik legend worked only 4 months than broke down, amp issue, posted on forum, no response,there is no great service, there is no service, no contact.

Its been more than 3 months, surely enough time to get back, prospective buyers beware, maybe Epik had great service back in the day but that definitely has not been my experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #18272 of 20385 Old 05-24-2012, 03:27 PM

Arnejo, this sounds so odd that you claim you bought your Epik Legend at a store???
post #18273 of 20385 Old 05-24-2012, 03:32 PM

Deepat04, keep trying to contact Chad, he will take care of the problem, he always does. Has anyone else been in contact with Epik the last 2 days? Possibly, they are taking some days off for Memorial Day wekend and going to Indianapolis for the 500???
post #18274 of 20385 Old 05-24-2012, 04:23 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFanboi1200 View Post

Arnejo, this sounds so odd that you claim you bought your Epik Legend at a store???

He could be from Europe.I believe they have a distributor over there
post #18275 of 20385 Old 05-24-2012, 05:02 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Then you are one of the few that have a bad apple. Had my Empire for almost a year now, no problems. You cannot base the entirety of Epik's customer service just on your experience, or even the half a dozen or more "here and there" problems.

If one is going to make a simplistic assessment of the value of different alignments, it would be that sealed/IB goes the lowest, at the highest cost per dB; horns have the lowest cost per dB at the expense of size, and vented box characteristics lie in between the other two. None is inherently superior across the board, neither is any inherently inferior across the board. The one to use is the one that fits your response and output needs, available space and bank account. -BFM
post #18276 of 20385 Old 05-24-2012, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

Deepat04, keep trying to contact Chad, he will take care of the problem, he always does. Has anyone else been in contact with Epik the last 2 days? Possibly, they are taking some days off for Memorial Day wekend and going to Indianapolis for the 500???

For now I'll just wait it out and wait till next week. Did read on a empire review thread about a similar issue with a rattle from a loose internal part. Epik replaced the sub. I'm sure once I get a response they will take care of me.
post #18277 of 20385 Old 05-25-2012, 06:30 AM

I am not the only contributor over here who is having great difficulty in reaching Epik, and 3 months is enough time to get back to half a dozen calls each made weeks apart, not to mention the e-mails. Trust me, the moment I hear from Chad or anyone else I will post it here.

I am thinking of posting my experience on every single page of this thread until I hear from Chad. Maybe that will motivate Epik to get back to my messages.
post #18278 of 20385 Old 05-25-2012, 07:31 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jindrak View Post

Then you are one of the few that have a bad apple. Had my Empire for almost a year now, no problems. You cannot base the entirety of Epik's customer service just on your experience, or even the half a dozen or more "here and there" problems.

I wouldn't exactly state he's one of a few with a bad apple, nor toss out 1/2 dozen so situated either. While I was one of the lucky ones too who has been problem free so far, the fact is, Epik has had more than their fair shares of amp issues. This topic has been discussed in depth many times here over the last couple of years, which included far more than a 1/2 dozen similar reports. Clearly there are a higher than normal rate of defective amps they are shipping, and I hope they are working diligently with the vendor to improve this.

Also, while Chad is usually very good about making things right - Once you corner him, the fact is, it's totally unreasonable EVER to have a voicemail or email go unanswered for more than 24 to 48 hours. There appears to be chronic long term problem with customer response, and the suggestion that folks be patient and call and email until they are blue in the face only goes to exaspirate the situation. This is NOT acceptable and Chad and Karen need to know this. It should only take ONE call or ONE email, period.
post #18279 of 20385 Old 05-25-2012, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmagloo View Post

Also, while Chad is usually very good about making things right - Once you corner him, the fact is, it's totally unreasonable EVER to have a voicemail or email go unanswered for more than 24 to 48 hours. There appears to be chronic long term problem with customer response, and the suggestion that folks be patient and call and email until they are blue in the face only goes to exaspirate the situation. This is NOT acceptable and Chad and Karen need to know this. It should only take ONE call or ONE email, period.

This is the part that hurts the most, and if Chris is still watching this thread, he should know the stories of lack of response is losing him sales.

Visit the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2.0 done and finally posted! - 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And now...
post #18280 of 20385 Old 05-25-2012, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwj81 View Post

He could be from Europe.I believe they have a distributor over there

Yes, i live in Europe, and yes i bought it from a very good and serious shop over here that also sells Svs and other brands I'm not saying it's was not a lot of value pr $, but i have been reading a lot of forum threads and it seems like Epik has spent to little time and money on the amp configuration. It was burning hot all the time i had mine, and i see other complains about it to.
post #18281 of 20385 Old 05-26-2012, 01:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 22
Ugh.

The amp on my Epik Conquest has failed.

I sent an email to Epik, and will call them on Tuesday, but I get the feeling they won't be able to get me a replacement.

Anybody have any ideas as to what I can do if they can't send me a replacement amp?
post #18282 of 20385 Old 05-27-2012, 01:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOrlnsDukie View Post

Ugh.

I sent an email to Epik, and will call them on Tuesday, but I get the feeling they won't be able to get me a replacement.

Anybody have any ideas as to what I can do if they can't send me a replacement amp?

Simple..are you still under warranty? Yes? Take a number.
No...Maybe they will sell you one, let us know how it turns out
post #18283 of 20385 Old 05-27-2012, 10:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepat04 View Post

Simple..are you still under warranty? Yes? Take a number.
No...Maybe they will sell you one, let us know how it turns out

Not under warranty anymore (bought it in Jan '08).

Frankly, I was more afraid that, as they haven't sold it for close to 3 yrs, and they've gone a different direction on amps, they wouldn't have any left sitting around. I'd be ok w/ actually buying another amp from them. Granted, I don't exactly feel comfortable with the idea of changing the amp out myself, as I've never done it before, and anything that might involve soldering scares me a bit...
post #18284 of 20385 Old 05-27-2012, 10:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 780
Quote:

Not under warranty anymore (bought it in Jan '08).

Frankly, I was more afraid that, as they haven't sold it for close to 3 yrs, and they've gone a different direction on amps, they wouldn't have any left sitting around. I'd be ok w/ actually buying another amp from them. Granted, I don't exactly feel comfortable with the idea of changing the amp out myself, as I've never done it before, and anything that might involve soldering scares me a bit...

If they don't have one of your amp models perhaps they can advise which ones will fit, but I believe if you read back in the thread they have accommodated older amp owners.

Changing the amp is fairly simple, just as long as you can use a screwdriver (I'd suggest a manual screwdriver), snip the old connecting wires, crimp the new ones with the connectors supplied (they can supply the tool and the connectors as long as you return the tool, at least that's what they arranged when my amp went out under warranty but they wanted the amp to check out).

post #18285 of 20385 Old 05-27-2012, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post

If they don't have one of your amp models perhaps they can advise which ones will fit, but I believe if you read back in the thread they have accommodated older amp owners.

Changing the amp is fairly simple, just as long as you can use a screwdriver (I'd suggest a manual screwdriver), snip the old connecting wires, crimp the new ones with the connectors supplied (they can supply the tool and the connectors as long as you return the tool, at least that's what they arranged when my amp went out under warranty but they wanted the amp to check out).

Thanks.

That's reassuring!!

And it makes it much less likely that I now have a 250-lb end-table.

I've moved my SVS 16-46PC+ to the HT to pinch-hit for it while this gets worked out, and I just feel sorry for the poor thing. It feels like I'm trying to put out a fire with a water-filled syringe (no offense meant to the SVS, as it's served me well in my smaller rooms at various points in the past, but it's just not the same...)
post #18286 of 20385 Old 05-27-2012, 11:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 245 Post(s)
Liked: 622
Send a message via Skype™ to popalock
Quote:

Thanks.

That's reassuring!!

And it makes it much less likely that I now have a 250-lb end-table.

I've moved my SVS 16-46PC+ to the HT to pinch-hit for it while this gets worked out, and I just feel sorry for the poor thing. It feels like I'm trying to put out a fire with a water-filled syringe (no offense meant to the SVS, as it's served me well in my smaller rooms at various points in the past, but it's just not the same...)

I was looking to get a few Conquests at one point, but ended up going another route. You've gotten 3+ years of enjoyment from it and I gotta ask... Besides your amp issue, how has it treated you? I know it got great reviews back in the day, but how was it the entire time you've owned it? You ever get the itch to upgrade, or was it consistently "enough" for you?

post #18287 of 20385 Old 05-27-2012, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by popalock View Post

I was looking to get a few Conquests at one point, but ended up going another route. You've gotten 3+ years of enjoyment from it and I gotta ask... Besides your amp issue, how has it treated you? I know it got great reviews back in the day, but how was it the entire time you've owned it? You ever get the itch to upgrade, or was it consistently "enough" for you?

Frankly, prior to this, my Conquest has been pretty much unabashed awesomeness. I've been more afraid of breaking my house than overdriving the sub. It handles even the most demanding of audio tracks without even breaking a sweat, and it has blended seamlessly in music tracks. We all know when we're pushing subs to their limits, and I never felt that way even remotely when playing at even ear-bleeding levels.

My upgrade itch, which was always present as I cycled through various manufacturers leading up to the Conquest, disappeared the moment I had it set up and dialed in.

When I heard it was discontinued, I must confess that I shed a little tear, because I knew that, from a HT perspective, I was home when I got this thing fired up.
post #18288 of 20385 Old 05-27-2012, 03:01 PM

Have no fear NewOrlnsDukie, I'm sure Chad will fix you up and get that Conquest running again asap. That thing is a beast!
post #18289 of 20385 Old 05-27-2012, 10:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Chad replaced the amp on my Conquest about a year ago. Hopefully he still has some amps laying around. Good luck.

My Quad LMS Ultra 5400 Build:

post #18290 of 20385 Old 05-29-2012, 06:28 AM

Chad finally got back to one of our messages, listened to the issue we have been experiencing and told us he would call us back on Tuesday.

I will keep everyone posted.
post #18291 of 20385 Old 05-29-2012, 06:33 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:

Ugh.

My Conquest amp failed last year.
Chad had replacement amp in stock and I was back up and running in no time.
I experienced no problems at all getting a hold of Chad.
Either got a hold of him directly or got a call back within a day.

p.s. It is unfortunate that Conquest is no longer available.
I am so glad to have this sub!
Best HT purchase I have made.
Watch War Horse last night, and the artillery firing was unbelievable. It was like being right there - the impact this sub has is impressive. My HT is ~ 15'x20' with 10 ft ceilings, with concrete foundation. This sub shakes the house (the french doors on my HT entrance were moving)
post #18292 of 20385 Old 05-29-2012, 12:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Well that was quick!!

Called Epik a couple hours ago, left a message, and Chad just called back. New amp is en route, complete with instructions and that magical tool that was mentioned earlier!!

I know that everyone's experience is different, but I've always had nothing but positive experiences with Chad, Dale (is he still there?), and the guys at Epik.

Will check back in after it arrives and I try to get her back up and running.
post #18293 of 20385 Old 05-29-2012, 03:25 PM

That's great news N.O. D ! Chad is the best The Conquest will live again, that thing is a beast!
post #18294 of 20385 Old 05-31-2012, 01:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 25
So are the Empires also having amp issues / concerns?

\m/ Hook'em Horns!

==========
Work for a Cause, Not for Applause. Live Life to Express, Not to Impress.
Don’t Strive to make your Presence Noticed,
Just make your Absence Felt. -Unknown
post #18295 of 20385 Old 05-31-2012, 03:30 AM

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shift View Post

So are the Empires also having amp issues / concerns?

There have been some report of amp failures. I was an early buyer of an Empire and have had no issues myself. There is a three year warranty which helps. I'm sure they've sold a lot of these, so it's hard to say what the actual failure rate is, and how that compares to other similarly priced products.

It would be interesting to know who actually makes the amps for some of the more popular subs these days, and to see if any conclusions about reliability can be drawn from that.
post #18296 of 20385 Old 05-31-2012, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I recently moved and my theater room is significantly smaller in the new house. I don't remember what the dimensions were in the old house but the new one is about 13'x13'. I'm scared/excited to see how my Empire sounds in a room that small! Anyone here have an Empire in a room about that size? I'm a couple of days before it goes live.

post #18297 of 20385 Old 05-31-2012, 01:41 PM

globalgreg, if it's a sealed room , I going to venture and say the Empire will be slamming !!!! Enjoy!
post #18298 of 20385 Old 05-31-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:

globalgreg, if it's a sealed room , I going to venture and say the Empire will be slamming !!!! Enjoy!

It is pretty square with only one door...so yes, sealed. I'm getting giddy thinking about it.

post #18299 of 20385 Old 05-31-2012, 04:54 PM

Yea, the square part I can relate to,lol, but you have to work with what you have. Being sealed, you're going to be slammimg. The best thing I did with my square room was buy 6" thick bass traps to stack in all 4 corners, really_ tightens up the bass. Well worth the money.
post #18300 of 20385 Old 05-31-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:

Yea, the square part I can relate to,lol, but you have to work with what you have. Being sealed, you're going to be slammimg. The best thing I did with my square room was buy 6" thick bass traps to stack in all 4 corners, really_ tightens up the bass. Well worth the money.

I've got an Antimode 8033S, think that will function like your bass traps do?

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Epik Legend Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page