AVS Forum banner

Official Epik Subwoofer Thread

2M views 21K replies 1K participants last post by  elmalloc 
#1 ·
Well guys....as the saying goes:

".... and so it begins! "

As some of you may already know, Ascendant Audio has been very quiet for many many months, and it's owner, Chad Kuypers, has been missing in action for a VERY long time. Some of you guys from the DIY world will remember Ascendant Audio from their driver offerings, such as the famous Avalanche XBL^2 drivers, as well as the the Havoc and a few others.

Well, the cat is out!!! (Sorry Chad....we the people can't keep our mouths shut when we discover a good thing...
) so THIS is why you have been missing in action, huh?

Epik Subwoofers is about to launch in the next few days apparently, and seems like they will have several offerings to start, which range from 4 different 15" ported alignment, to a flagship large 18" ported box. I'm sure there will be tons of info in the next few days, specially Pictures, price, measurement numbers, performance numbers, etc.

looks like the URL is up too, but nothing up yet: http://www.epiksubwoofers.com

Given the performance and price of Chad's past offerings, such as the avalanche, can only mean one thing: a great commercial subwoofer lineup at amazing prices.

Anyways, thought you guys might find this bit of news VERY interesting indeed. I hope Chad, Scott, and some of the other guys decide to chime in and show us more info.

It's a great time to be an A/V enthusiast indeed!!!

See less See more
#13,561 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a /forum/post/18904964

I have no intention to give anyone my business that is unwilling to try to help with my situation. I'm not going to say what this is because its personal. But anyway Chad was not willing so he lost my business plus he takes too long to email me.

And its not good for me to do what others tell me about subs. What is good is that I listen and take in everything and then makeva decision after I've thought of everything.

I'm very tired so that has something to do with how I am right now but also Chad really put me off.

I think you have summed everything up here now and we understand. Since you will probably not be posting in this Epik thread any longer, enjoy your SVS

Cheers!

#13,565 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a /forum/post/18905537

warlord, is that meant as an insult or sarcasm for me? I sure hope not.

I've decided to give the mighty empire a try. I need my other order canceled first before I go any further.

no, no insults to anyone, i am not like that. I am just frustrated! Dont you ever just feel like that?

I hope that some day you get the empire all set-up,and maybe i can stop by for a listen. I have a business in Burien, so i am close.

#13,567 ·
buggs1a,

I think some folks were growing frustrated with your continous griping about Epik. I think some were concerned on what you were basing your decision on. Maybe Chad being too busy to immediately answer your email is a good thing. Meaning he takes a hands on approach to his business, maybe other larger companies have someone sitting in front of a screen and phone to answer every question as soon as they come in. Not a solid reason to choose their product. Everybody here is just trying to help, and share experiences so you can make a confident decision. If you choose, or chose to go in a different direction, then so be it and good luck. We're all here to learn. Keep us posted on the rest of your journey.

#13,569 ·
Here are some of my thoughts...

I own SVS PB13 Ultras and Epik Empires. In the beginning (about 1 1/2 yrs ago) I really wanted a Def Tech Trinity, but the price was just too steep, even ones off the grey market. I then focused on the Epik Conquest, but the lead times were like 6-8 weeks most of the time. I also didn't like the finish or look of the Conquest. Therefore, based on all the knowledge I had gathered at the time, I purchased an SVS PB13 Ultra. Then another (and so on and so forth). I then saw the great deal of Quad Empires a few weeks ago. Let me tell you, my quad Ultras are plenty for my room (lots of headroom). I just couldn't resist the Empires. I had always wanted to try something different, like a SubMersive or a larger sealed sub from eD.

IME, the Empires are the best bang for the buck right now. I have auditioned a Def Tech Trinity (
), dual JL F113s (
), a JL Gotham (
), and an eD A7-900 (
). And like I already mentioned, I own SVS PB13 Ultras as well.

The Empires have also perfectly integrated with my Ultras, IMHO. Or maybe the Ultras are the ones perfectly integrating with my Empires???

Just some random thoughts, opinions, and experiences. YMMV.

#13,570 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a /forum/post/18905537

I've decided to give the mighty empire a try. I need my other order canceled first before I go any further.

If you're having a hard time deciding and can afford to have one shipped back,Go ahead and order both.Try them in your room,Keep the one you like best.Because of weight,The PC12 wouldn't be too bad on shipping cost if you liked the Empire more.If you liked the SVS more,The Empire will cost more to ship back.That's the only way to remove all doubt.

#13,572 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a /forum/post/18905809

Warlord, were you frustrated because of me?

Yes. I'm frustrated and confused and I always have a very hard time making decisions and choices.

Buggs, are you buy chance a chick? My wife can't make a decision to save her life, so I sympathize with you. It must truly be a scary place.

No need in dropping lines about your personal problems, as it's already quite apparent - You are a knucklehead. Just buy a frigging sub already, and spare us the drama. Thankyouverymuch.

#13,574 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggs1a /forum/post/18906099

I am going to guess yer trying to be silly or funny.

I'm a man.

I want to buy a friggen sub LOL. But I'm just so lost and confused. LOL.

Do it!