4Likes

post #20401 of 20401 Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
the Crown/QSC/Lab Gruppen etc units with dsp I'd probably consider of higher quality but they will also cost more.
do yourself a huge favor and save up the money for the better amp. the ones mentioned will do. i have worked on those certain 6 lb noisy fan amps, and my first thought, was "this has to be a joke..." reminded me of those car amps that have "5000 Watts" printed on them for $139 which actually do around 500 watts. they cost less for good reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dre325 View Post
Thanks for the reply. How much do you charge to fix these for a failure that didn't look like a campfire was started on the amp :-)? On average. Feel free to PM me.
for those amps, $55 to $65 plus return shipping, depending on what is wrong with them. however, there has been times when it has been as low as $45 if it turns out to be something simple. never has it been above $65.

but here is the problem that i was informed about just tonight... starting this Thursday, i start a engineering contract to design a car amp for a company, to be released as a 2015 model. it is late in the year, and they are in panic mode. no idea why they waited so long... but it's going to cost them.

but, i cannot take anything in until it is done... which could be a month from now. while the design work does not take long, i scratch build my own prototypes, and test and tweek them until they are 100%... then straight to production it goes. that is the time consuming part.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Epik Legend Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page