Official Epik Subwoofer Thread - Page 684 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes
post #20491 of 20500 Unread Yesterday, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Epik blinking red light

Huge thread I'll try and sift through, but thought I'd ask for maybe a quicker response.

My Epik sub hasn't worked for some time. I finally decided to try and figure it out and noticed that the red light in back just continuously blinks. So it's getting power. I'm hoping it might be something simple like a fuse maybe, hopefully?

With Epik out of business, I'm sure you can appreciate my concern. Sub is probably 4 years old +/-

Currently in the "Design" Phase of my new Theater build

He who buys cheap, buys twice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20492 of 20500 Unread Yesterday, 05:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 881 Post(s)
Liked: 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleMoana View Post
Huge thread I'll try and sift through, but thought I'd ask for maybe a quicker response.

My Epik sub hasn't worked for some time. I finally decided to try and figure it out and noticed that the red light in back just continuously blinks. So it's getting power. I'm hoping it might be something simple like a fuse maybe, hopefully?

With Epik out of business, I'm sure you can appreciate my concern. Sub is probably 4 years old +/-
Which model do you have? My Empire doesn't have a fuse I'm aware of and I'd have no idea what to do otherwise myself when it comes to amps in terms of testing/repairing. However, you might contact member daveds50 for an amp repair quote. Or convert to an external amp or replace the plate amp.
post #20493 of 20500 Unread Yesterday, 05:41 PM

I have the Empire.
And a lot of what you said is Greek to me unfortunately. I wouldn't know how to replace and amp, unless it was a plug & play type thing.

post #20494 of 20500 Unread Yesterday, 05:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaleMoana View Post
I have the Empire.
And a lot of what you said is Greek to me unfortunately. I wouldn't know how to replace and amp, unless it was a plug & play type thing.
Even the part about contacting @daveds50 ?

The amp is the plate where the switches and knobs are. It comes off with tools. You disconnect the wires from the terminals and send the amp to daveds50. He repairs. You pay. He sends back. You reconnect amp and use tools to put it back in place. Done.

It gets a little harder after that because the stock plate amp isn't around nor do I remember anyone finding an exact fit but you'd have to read back into the pages of this thread to check. You can also seal up the cavity and run leads to a dedicated sub amplifier like an iNuke1000dsp or similar. Doubtful the drivers are bad, just the amp.

Good luck.
HaleMoana likes this.
post #20495 of 20500 Unread Yesterday, 07:56 PM

Thanks! I'll definitely look up Dave.

post #20496 of 20500 Unread Yesterday, 08:50 PM
AVS Special Member

No problem, but now that I think about it the wires were not connected by connectors but rather had to cut the wires and butt splice the leads to the new amp (my Empire amp failed before Chad closed the doors). So the tools are philips for the screws on the plate amp plus wire cutter/stripper/crimp tool(s). I have a faint memory of daveds50 may have signed up recently for a commercial quantities deal where he is putting side repairs like this aside for a while but I'm not sure....
post #20497 of 20500 Unread Yesterday, 10:14 PM
ink

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The Empire does actually have a fuse, at least both of mine did. The fuse is located right below where the power cord plugs in. There is a black plastic cover, pry it up with a screwdriver and pull up the fuse tray. Worth checking that first before you take the whole amp out and send it in
post #20498 of 20500 Unread Yesterday, 10:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Just checked mine and no cover/panel/fuse underneath the plug....wonder if my original amp did? Don't remember a fuse....
post #20499 of 20500 Unread Today, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
No problem, but now that I think about it the wires were not connected by connectors but rather had to cut the wires and butt splice the leads to the new amp (my Empire amp failed before Chad closed the doors). So the tools are philips for the screws on the plate amp plus wire cutter/stripper/crimp tool(s). I have a faint memory of daveds50 may have signed up recently for a commercial quantities deal where he is putting side repairs like this aside for a while but I'm not sure....
Wire strippers are simple enough. No problem there.
As long as I can use wire twist connectors to hook it back up. I'd rather not have to solder if possible.

Then again.... I guess I'll do whatever I gotta do. Cheaper than buying a new amp.

post #20500 of 20500 Unread Today, 05:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Believe there's also an Empire amp for sale in the classifieds area....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Epik Legend Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page