Official Epik Subwoofer Thread - Page 685 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #20521 of 20526 Old 05-22-2015, 12:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Official Epik Subwoofer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTom83 View Post
Is a dead empire worth anything to anyone?
It's probably just a dead plate amp like everyone else. Your better off buying a Behringer iNuke amplifier and following my directions above. The cost of the Empire + Behringer is still better than the competition. (Your only $250 away from it working again).

Knowing what I know now, I would have paid the same price for the subwoofers without a built in amplifier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #20522 of 20526 Old 05-23-2015, 10:44 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamliner View Post
It's probably just a dead plate amp like everyone else. Your better off buying a Behringer iNuke amplifier and following my directions above. The cost of the Empire + Behringer is still better than the competition. (Your only $250 away from it working again).

Knowing what I know now, I would have paid the same price for the subwoofers without a built in amplifier.

Thanks, I am aware the amp is dead. I just don't want to bother with using an external amp. I am looking to see if it is worth selling this thing with a dead amp or not. I plan on buying a pair of HSU Research VTF15HMk2's. I was trying to get others opinions if I would be able to sell it or not with a dead amp and if so what is a fair price to sell it?
post #20523 of 20526 Old 05-23-2015, 11:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1444 Post(s)
Liked: 1831
I think it's like any sub that size, just a limited number of takers within a particular geographic area at a given time, especially one who would have to do what you don't want to do....as far as price I'd pay maybe $200 for something like that but you'd have to be pretty close. What area are you in? How about a friend who has the space and no sub to get them started?
post #20524 of 20526 Old 05-23-2015, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
what is a fair price to sell it?
I agree. $200-250 would be a great deal to the right buyer, but it may take a while to find him. I'd just advertise here and on craigslist. Someone will eventually buy it, heck, I found a buyer for my plate amps. I have 2 Empires running on my iNuke 6000 and they are phenomenal. I don't think I'll sell them until I move and build a dedicated theater with DIY 18" subs and speakers behind the screen...even then, they might end up somewhere else. I really like them and I really really like the enclosure materials. Such a great design.

Quote:
I plan on buying a pair of HSU Research VTF15HMk2's.
Also, looks like SVS is having a sale this weekend, Dunno if you were considering them...I haven't looked at subs since buying my Empires.

If I were you, I'd buy a iNuke 6000 and shop for another Empire. Those VTF15HMk2's look nice though.

Last edited by Dreamliner; 05-23-2015 at 07:16 PM.
post #20525 of 20526 Old Today, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Just out of curiosity, I have an Epik Empire in excellent condition available for sale in the AVS classifieds, what would be the right price to set? My unit has an amplifier that has been positively bulletproof. It doesn't even get remotely warm. Also, does anyone know what it might cost to ship this thing from one coast to the other? I am thinking shipping would be cost prohibitive...
post #20526 of 20526 Old Today, 03:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1444 Post(s)
Liked: 1831
See if this guy gets asking http://www.ebay.com/itm/Epik-Empire-...item19fa3e62ac ya never know....but if I had to hazard a guess no more than $500 for local pickup but that might be generous given Epik's story. Shipping without the proper materials can be expensive just to pack it, and at its weight and size if you don't have a standing accoount with discounts it will be expensive. Outer measurements of the packed box and a rough weight of 120 lbs plus packing materials you can easily use a calculator at the major freight carrier sites I would think....most sub sellers go for local pickup for good reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Epik Legend Subwoofer