I finally made a decision. Just ordered the eD A5-350 Subwoofer. - Page 4 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #91 of 834 Old 09-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Member
 
veris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
bsoko2, I've got Master & Commander and Das Boot sitting on the shelf waiting for the sub to show up.
veris is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 834 Old 09-18-2007, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
wormraper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 4,325
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 58
I really wanna see a head to head with this sub and the Dayton TITSK-15K 15" Titanic Mk III Subwoofer Kit from PE
wormraper is online now  
post #93 of 834 Old 09-18-2007, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
JEFFREY GTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well guys. FEDEX says it is on a truck to be delivered in my city so I should have it tonight. I am going home for the evening so hopefully I can report back tomorrow with good news.

I'm your Huckleberry
JEFFREY GTS is offline  
post #94 of 834 Old 09-18-2007, 05:57 PM
Senior Member
 
Paisteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thursday I get mine but I have a gig and have to leave by 5 to get there in time, so I guess it will be the weekend for me to really test her out.
Paisteman is offline  
post #95 of 834 Old 09-18-2007, 07:51 PM
Member
 
tab10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 75
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=41683

First review of the A5-350 that I have run across. This guy exchanged his A5-300 for the A5-350 last week. Enjoys!
tab10 is offline  
post #96 of 834 Old 09-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Member
 
veris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Jeffery GTS, are you a Tombstone fan?
veris is offline  
post #97 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 04:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Paisteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well, mine is now in Ct. and I live in NH. so it should be here Thursday.
I am 100% sure it will come after I leave for my gig and it has to come upstairs to enter my house.
Doubt my wife will wrangle it up for me.

The Icix review was ok, but not real in depth.
I'm sure others will better do a review we all can enjoy.
I'll be writing a review for it in the coming weeks.
Paisteman is offline  
post #98 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Chris Schempp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 2,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisteman View Post

Chris,
Spikes show up yet?
Also did mine ship with the metal discs? Or do they come with the spikes?
Thanks,
Jeff

Yes, but they were wrong.

Black and black chrome aren't the same The black spikes look like total crap since the paint will flake off pretty easily.

They'll all be shipping with the spikes + metal for under them as far as I know.

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
Chris Schempp is offline  
post #99 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 07:54 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
JEFFREY GTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by veris View Post

Jeffery GTS, are you a Tombstone fan?

Whatever gave you that idea?

I'm your Huckleberry
JEFFREY GTS is offline  
post #100 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Member
 
veris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Well you are a Daisy if you do.
veris is offline  
post #101 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
JEFFREY GTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by veris View Post

Well you are a Daisy if you do.

You're no Daisy at all.


I'm your Huckleberry
JEFFREY GTS is offline  
post #102 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Member
 
veris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
[No] sir [I am] an oak.

Ha, enough movie quotes for now.

You get your unit yet? I'd like to see a detailed review on it soon! It'll hold me over until mine arrives.
veris is offline  
post #103 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
JEFFREY GTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by veris View Post

[No] sir [I am] an oak.

Ha, enough movie quotes for now.

You get your unit yet? I'd like to see a detailed review on it soon! It'll hold me over until mine arrives.

Not yet. I don't know what the deal is. It said yesterday at 7am that it was on a truck for delivery. Nothing came yesterday. It says the same thing today, hopefully when I get home from work it will be sitting on my porch.

I'm your Huckleberry
JEFFREY GTS is offline  
post #104 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
clevername's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 935
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I think someone just doesn't want to lift the thing off the truck.
clevername is offline  
post #105 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 09:28 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
JEFFREY GTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I am thinking the same thing.

I'm your Huckleberry
JEFFREY GTS is offline  
post #106 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member
 
domingos1965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,986
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFREY GTS View Post

Not yet. I don't know what the deal is. It said yesterday at 7am that it was on a truck for delivery. Nothing came yesterday. It says the same thing today, hopefully when I get home from work it will be sitting on my porch.

they will need your signature
domingos1965 is offline  
post #107 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
JEFFREY GTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by domingos1965 View Post

they will need your signature


You're kidding me. I thought it wasn't required?!?!?!

I'm your Huckleberry
JEFFREY GTS is offline  
post #108 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
domingos1965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,986
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFREY GTS View Post

You're kidding me. I thought it wasn't required?!?!?!

i had to.otherwise they will not leave it
domingos1965 is offline  
post #109 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Senior Member
 
plasmaowner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 339
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Jeffrey

When you get your sub be sure to take lots of pics!
I hope it lives up to your expectations.
plasmaowner is offline  
post #110 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Chris Schempp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Grand Forks, ND
Posts: 2,302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 21
From the discussion I had with my FedEx rep today, apparently since these are valued at over $400(we don't want to get a check for $100 if FedEx breaks one) they will require a signature.

Well, not really FedEx, but their insurance company rather. It's their butt if something is stolen from in front of a house and apparently things under $100 they don't care about writing a check it's the $500 checks that they don't want to write.

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
Chris Schempp is offline  
post #111 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Senior Member
 
Paisteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yikes, I was at Fedex on the way home today to see if I could arrange an earlier delivery and just got in to get the number to call and it is in a day early!
I could have missed it while trying to help myself.
So I may have it today.
Paisteman is offline  
post #112 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 10:03 AM
Senior Member
 
Paisteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

Yes, but they were wrong.

Black and black chrome aren't the same The black spikes look like total crap since the paint will flake off pretty easily.

They'll all be shipping with the spikes + metal for under them as far as I know.

Thanks Chris.
Paisteman is offline  
post #113 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
domingos1965's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: South Florida
Posts: 1,986
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ok in the receivers menu under speaker set up theres a LEVEL CALIBRATION menu

do i set the subs level higher than the speakers level?


thanks
domingos1965 is offline  
post #114 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 10:27 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
grubavs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: on the noisy end of the Half Moon Bay, CA Airport
Posts: 3,651
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

From the discussion I had with my FedEx rep today, apparently since these are valued at over $400(we don't want to get a check for $100 if FedEx breaks one) they will require a signature.

Well, not really FedEx, but their insurance company rather. It's their butt if something is stolen from in front of a house and apparently things under $100 they don't care about writing a check it's the $500 checks that they don't want to write.

steal that thing off the porch???? Yeah, right! Only if the thieves have a forklift!!!

If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.

grubavs is online now  
post #115 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Senior Member
 
Gator123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got notice that mine has moved in to the woodshop.

Can't wait to hear some reviews while I am waiting for mine to be built.
Gator123 is offline  
post #116 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Member
 
veris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 83
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Mine is also in the woodshop now! It is very nice to see some progress.
veris is offline  
post #117 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
JEFFREY GTS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Colorado Springs,CO
Posts: 649
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by grubavs View Post

steal that thing off the porch???? Yeah, right! Only if the thieves have a forklift!!!


Exactly, I really wasn't worried too much with someone trying to run off with it. On a positive note. With extremely great timing. I went home for about an hour just to hang out crossing my fingers that FEDEX would come while I was home. Sure enough they did! Can you talk about unbelievable timing. I was just going to leave a note on the door with my signature hoping he would just leave it. Don't have to worry about that now. I mean what are the odds of me actually being there at the same time he was. Anyway, I unboxed it, took some pics and played with it for a second before coming back to work. I am pretty impressed with what I heard. Of course I do not have it properly calibrated yet or it's not even sitting the right way because I have to wait for the spikes but so far pretty impressed.

I'm your Huckleberry
JEFFREY GTS is offline  
post #118 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Senior Member
 
Paisteman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 238
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFFREY GTS View Post

Exactly, I really wasn't worried too much with someone trying to run off with it. On a positive note. With extremely great timing. I went home for about an hour just to hang out crossing my fingers that FEDEX would come while I was home. Sure enough they did! Can you talk about unbelievable timing. I was just going to leave a note on the door with my signature hoping he would just leave it. Don't have to worry about that now. I mean what are the odds of me actually being there at the same time he was. Anyway, I unboxed it, took some pics and played with it for a second before coming back to work. I am pretty impressed with what I heard. Of course I do not have it properly calibrated yet or it's not even sitting the right way because I have to wait for the spikes but so far pretty impressed.

Ahaaa, so you don't have spikes.
I'm curious now about mine..(still waiting for the truck).
Paisteman is offline  
post #119 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Member
 
skilfulDIESEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sweet...Just got an email that my A3-300 with the "free 13Ov2 driver upgrade" has been moved into the woodshop. Did anyone else order this sub with the upgrade? Or can someone who owns the A3-300 give me their thoughts on this sub. Thanks in advance.
skilfulDIESEL is offline  
post #120 of 834 Old 09-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Member
 
96redformula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by skilfulDIESEL View Post

Sweet...Just got an email that my A3-300 with the "free 13Ov2 driver upgrade" has been moved into the woodshop. Did anyone else order this sub with the upgrade? Or can someone who owns the A3-300 give me their thoughts on this sub. Thanks in advance.

I was seriously thinking about going from a2-300 to a3-300, but lack or reviews kept me away. I am not out to be a pioneer.
96redformula is offline  
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off