Forum Jump: 
 4Likes

post #10441 of 10450 Old 06-16-2014, 02:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Thought about that myself, put the SB12+ on top, or on the other side of the TV with the SB Ultra 13. Loop from one to the other, then use antimode.

Good idea or not?

Krell Evolution 900e x 7

Bose Jewel speakers.

Jealous of my speakers?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10442 of 10450 Old 06-16-2014, 03:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by autreym View Post
Pseudo dumb question.

I had the great fortune of buying a SB13 Ultra with less than a year of use for a great price, and have two decent but not great subs currently hooked up (think Elemental Designs A2-300 + Klipsch RW-12)

My question is, would I be better off running all 3 subs or just the SB13 Ultra since it's so far and away superior to the other two?

Thanks

Try it and see or hear for yourself. You've got nothing to lose but a little time.

I was and still am surprised at the improvement I got when adding my Def Tech into my system.
autreym likes this.

Klipsch RF-62II, RC-500, RS-400, SVS PC12+,
Def Tech SC8000
Harman Kardon AVR 1600
PS3, Apple TV, Sharp 70" Qattron
post #10443 of 10450 Old 06-21-2014, 09:04 PM
C44

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi folks,

I picked up a new PB13 Ultra today. Unpacked it, set it up but aside from the quick set up guide, it had no other instructions. Is there an on-line manual that I can download?
post #10444 of 10450 Old 06-21-2014, 09:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Pseudo dumb question.

I had the great fortune of buying a SB13 Ultra with less than a year of use for a great price, and have two decent but not great subs currently hooked up (think Elemental Designs A2-300 + Klipsch RW-12)

My question is, would I be better off running all 3 subs or just the SB13 Ultra since it's so far and away superior to the other two?

Thanks
You are likely to greatly improve your FR above 30/40 Hz. The problem will be in the deep bass where the difference in roll off between the sealed and ported subs cause them to be out of phase, resulting in bad cancellations. So for music it would probably improve things. For movies it would be a train wreck.
autreym likes this.

AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #10445 of 10450 Old 06-21-2014, 09:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
You are likely to greatly improve your FR above 30/40 Hz. The problem will be in the deep bass where the difference in roll off between the sealed and ported subs cause them to be out of phase, resulting in bad cancellations. So for music it would probably improve things. For movies it would be a train wreck.
Man you are spot on, I have spent the last 2 days trying to balance the 3 subs and it's been virtually impossible. Doesn't help that I need to keep relatively low volume levels (2 year old) so testing bass heavy scenes or test tones is tricky.

I eventually just went to the Ultra by itself and have been focused on getting it dialed in perfectly.

LOVE it so far, it actually sounds fantastic even at relatively low volume levels with BOTH music and movies. Amazing sub.

But I keep wondering how duals would sound...can't get it out of my mind enough to even enjoy the single SB13 Ultra
post #10446 of 10450 Old 06-22-2014, 02:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 660
Quote:
Originally Posted by C44 View Post
Hi folks,

I picked up a new PB13 Ultra today. Unpacked it, set it up but aside from the quick set up guide, it had no other instructions. Is there an on-line manual that I can download?
Congrats!

Here you go: http://www.svsound.com/support/document-library

With dual subs, stack'em in the corner and put on a jockstrap. Don't want EVERYTHING in the room jingling!
post #10447 of 10450 Old 06-22-2014, 06:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 653
Quote:
Man you are spot on, I have spent the last 2 days trying to balance the 3 subs and it's been virtually impossible. Doesn't help that I need to keep relatively low volume levels (2 year old) so testing bass heavy scenes or test tones is tricky.

I eventually just went to the Ultra by itself and have been focused on getting it dialed in perfectly.

LOVE it so far, it actually sounds fantastic even at relatively low volume levels with BOTH music and movies. Amazing sub.

But I keep wondering how duals would sound...can't get it out of my mind enough to even enjoy the single SB13 Ultra
I think you are on the right track....get it set up as good as you can with the single ultra. And yes, duals will sound better especially for music. From what I have seen, one sub usually gives a pretty good response under 40 Hz, but very uneven above 40 HZ. So for movies, you mainly gain headroom in the deep bass with dual subs, but they give a much better quality bass for music due to the flatter response you can get.

I suggest your next step, if you are serious about having great bass, is to get Umik-1 mic from miniDSP, download REW, and measure your room. For $75 you can check you in room Frequency response and determine if you need to adjust placement or if a second sub is really needed. I was happy with one sub until I measured the room..........
autreym likes this.

AVR:       Yamaha RXV-375

Display:  Panasonic  TH-50PC77U

LCR:       Hsu HB1.2  HC1.2

Sub:       (2) PSA XV15se

Blu Ray:  Sony BDP-S5100

Apple TV

Harmony 650

miniDSP

post #10448 of 10450 Old Yesterday, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Hi folks, I'm going to look at buying a used pc13 ultra, and the seller is willing to demo it for me before purchase. Is there anything in particular I should listen for or visually inspect in order to ensure it is okay? Any common problems I can check for?

Also, it is an older model with the Bash amp, is there a significant difference in performance or anything else I should be worried about with it?
post #10449 of 10450 Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post
Hi folks, I'm going to look at buying a used pc13 ultra, and the seller is willing to demo it for me before purchase. Is there anything in particular I should listen for or visually inspect in order to ensure it is okay? Any common problems I can check for?

Also, it is an older model with the Bash amp, is there a significant difference in performance or anything else I should be worried about with it?
Just a little less powerful. Nothing substantially different.
post #10450 of 10450 Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Actionable Mango View Post

Just look it over and have a listen.

Klipsch Pro Cinema KPT-904 L/C/R, Pro Cinema KPT-1201-T2 for sides and RB-61 II for backs.
SVS PB13-Ultra, PB12-Plus x2, and Velodyne SMS-1 Sub EQ
SC-55 elite and B&K 200.7 S2
JVC RS-45 Projector, and Seymour CS 125” 2.35 screen
Oppo BDP-103 9 ATS Acoustic panels
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page