Official SVS Ultra 13 thread - Page 356 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 39Likes
post #10651 of 10655 Old 06-27-2015, 09:27 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 15
^^what kind of 18" s?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10652 of 10655 Old Today, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I need help calibrating my two SVS PC-13Ultras. I have an Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver.

It's been awhile since I did the Audysey calibration, but I just moved my two SVS's w/in my room, so did a re-calibration. The FIRST step of the process in Audysey it has me set my gain on the subs so it reads 75db on the on screen readings. I know to do each sub individually to 75 db, then turn them both on to run Audysey.

My question is this. I like to run my subs hot, around 85DB. So at the opening screen, should I set them there to 85db, even though it's asking me to set to 75db. OR should I set them to 75db, run audyssey, then after Audysey is done use my external radio shack db meter, make adjustments to set it to 85db?

When I did it over the weekend, I think my starting point was 80 db, ran Audysey, then made some adjustments at the end to bump up to 85db. After I got done, I wondered if i should'be had my starting point at 75 like it was asking.

Thanks for any assistance!!!
post #10653 of 10655 Unread Today, 08:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked: 1438
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSchoch View Post
I need help calibrating my two SVS PC-13Ultras. I have an Onkyo TX-NR809 receiver.

It's been awhile since I did the Audysey calibration, but I just moved my two SVS's w/in my room, so did a re-calibration. The FIRST step of the process in Audysey it has me set my gain on the subs so it reads 75db on the on screen readings. I know to do each sub individually to 75 db, then turn them both on to run Audysey.

My question is this. I like to run my subs hot, around 85DB. So at the opening screen, should I set them there to 85db, even though it's asking me to set to 75db. OR should I set them to 75db, run audyssey, then after Audysey is done use my external radio shack db meter, make adjustments to set it to 85db?

When I did it over the weekend, I think my starting point was 80 db, ran Audysey, then made some adjustments at the end to bump up to 85db. After I got done, I wondered if i should'be had my starting point at 75 like it was asking.

Thanks for any assistance!!!
I can't imagine subs being 10 dB hot sounding anywhere near good, but if that is truly your goal, set each sub to 80 dB. This should give you about 85 dB when summed if they are in phase. Audysey should then set your sub level to around -10. Bump your sub trim up to zero and this should give you the +10dB boomy bass fest you desire.
post #10654 of 10655 Unread Today, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
I can't imagine subs being 10 dB hot sounding anywhere near good, but if that is truly your goal, set each sub to 80 dB. This should give you about 85 dB when summed if they are in phase. Audysey should then set your sub level to around -10. Bump your sub trim up to zero and this should give you the +10dB boomy bass fest you desire.
I run my 2xUltras very hot too.. Ill try ur suggestion and report back with findings...

Btw, can I use my audessey mic with REW?

Janus
post #10655 of 10655 Unread Today, 09:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 911 Post(s)
Liked: 1438
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer