Official SVS Ultra 13 thread - Page 357 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 46Likes

post #10681 of 10681 Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear123 View Post
Correct, a flat calibration is just that...flat. In a perfect room, all frequencies would play at 75 dB from the sub's lower limit to the speakers upper limits i.e. 16-20k Hz. So yes when playing movies or content with an LFE signal it is 10dB hotter.

Years ago when I first started using SPL meter to calibrate, i'd do all to 75dB. Then put in scenes I was familiar with and the bass was lacking severely. So I'd tinker with it and would end up at about 85dB.

Then came the receivers with the built in microphones. Again, would calibrate to 75 and put in my test scenes and would be lacking. Then got on the phone w/ Ed at SVS and he said he hears that a lot and it's not uncommon for people to run 5 - 10dB hot.

So, I guess it's just a matter of taste. Sure there's some scenes when my wife is scared our house is going to come down, but I can live with that!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer