Official SVS Ultra 13 thread - Page 358 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 71Likes

Old 04-12-2016, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Knowing that SVS have had their flagship sub PB13Ultra on the market for years and that they have been matched or overtaken by others brands in term of performance. Who thinks that they will come out with a new flagship sub soon?! I think it a matter of short time until something is announced !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2016, 06:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 728 Post(s)
Liked: 1192
I say sooner rather than later. They already replaced the NSD line. Next will be the Plus and the Ultra.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Korben Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
Old 04-12-2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
I say sooner rather than later. They already replaced the NSD line. Next will be the Plus and the Ultra.

Time to save up !!
Old 04-15-2016, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 141
all the sub I'll ever need ... it delivers :-)

Click image for larger version

Name:	S11_14-12-06-_084.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	1382618

I'm registering a big ZERO on the upgrade bug meter
januza likes this.

MartinLogan Motion 40s / 30 / LX16s
Marantz SR5007 / UD5007
Emotiva XPA-3
SVS SB13ultra

exercise room: MartinLogan LX16s / Dynamo700

Last edited by TomC1315; 04-15-2016 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-15-2016, 06:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC1315 View Post

Attachment 1382618

But, I see ONLY one sub in the picture. The OTHER one must be there, somewhere.
newc33 likes this.

Old 04-15-2016, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC1315 View Post

Attachment 1382618

Don't believe you. I thought the same. Now have 2 PB13Us and saving up for number 3.

SVS is like sex, u can never have enough of the good stuff.
Old 05-08-2016, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hey all, just needed to tell someone and I figured this might be the only thread where someone might care. Just ordered a PC-13 Ultra for my living room setup! I have had the PC-2000 since September, it has really rocked my world. Am upgrading for two reasons:

(1) My living room, which is approximately 2250 cubic feet, opens up to the kitchen which is larger. The PC2000 was great, but even with the knob all the way, I still felt like I wanted more power. It definitely moved air in the room, but I wanted more power. I chose against adding a second sub because I wanted to be future proof also, as I am renting this house and not sure how much longer I will be here.

(2) Didn't want to have upgradeitis. The sub added so much to the system, but once I heard about the Ultra I couldn't get it off my mind. So unless I step up to another price range I think I will be satisfied with this sub and can focus on upgrades in other areas.
discone likes this.

Current Living Room Setup: Epson Powerlite Cinema 2000 Projector, 135" Silver Ticket Screen Grey, Denon AVR-X3000 , Aperion Verus Grand Towers, Aperion Verus Grand Center, Polk OMW5 Rears, SVS PC-13 Ultra
Current Bedroom Setup: Samsung 55" 4K LED television, Sony PlayStation 3, Sony STR-DH750 Receiver, Polk RTI8's, Polk CSI A6 , Polk FXI A6 Rears, Bic F-12 Sub[/COLOR]
Old 05-08-2016, 01:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Congrats on the Ultra. I have 2 PC13's myself. Future-proof all the way home! Enjoy.
discone and CWash150 like this.

Old 05-08-2016, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWash150 View Post
Hey all, just needed to tell someone and I figured this might be the only thread where someone might care. Just ordered a PC-13 Ultra for my living room setup! I have had the PC-2000 since September, it has really rocked my world. Am upgrading for two reasons:

(1) My living room, which is approximately 2250 cubic feet, opens up to the kitchen which is larger. The PC2000 was great, but even with the knob all the way, I still felt like I wanted more power. It definitely moved air in the room, but I wanted more power. I chose against adding a second sub because I wanted to be future proof also, as I am renting this house and not sure how much longer I will be here.

(2) Didn't want to have upgradeitis. The sub added so much to the system, but once I heard about the Ultra I couldn't get it off my mind. So unless I step up to another price range I think I will be satisfied with this sub and can focus on upgrades in other areas.
Congrat's on the new sub! Would like to hear your thought's after you get it all set up.

I ordered my PC13-Ultra Friday and can't sit still waiting for it. I have the same issue with an open floor plan the living room opens up to larger dining/kitchen area. I own a PB-2000 and have been happy with it but wanted a little more. Was tough to decide between PC12+ or PC13 Ultra so to save any doubt the Ultra won out.

I don't think it matters where you post in either the SVS sub thread or Ultra thread we all care about the Bass!!
Old 05-09-2016, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discone View Post
Congrat's on the new sub! Would like to hear your thought's after you get it all set up.

I ordered my PC13-Ultra Friday and can't sit still waiting for it. I have the same issue with an open floor plan the living room opens up to larger dining/kitchen area. I own a PB-2000 and have been happy with it but wanted a little more. Was tough to decide between PC12+ or PC13 Ultra so to save any doubt the Ultra won out.

I don't think it matters where you post in either the SVS sub thread or Ultra thread we all care about the Bass!!

Thanks to both of you guys. Discone, are you gonna run dual subs or are you getting rid of the PB-2000? Yeah I was considering the PC12 also but it was so close in price, I figured I gotta get the best of things while I have the chance lol. It should be here tomorrow, can't wait to get setup. I'm a little nervous because it was such a big upgrade going from Bic F12 to the PC2000, I'm worried that I'm gonna be disappointed because there won't be much improvement. Seems like conflicting views whether it will be an improvement, but there doesn't seem to be many PC13 Ultra owners or info on it.

Current Living Room Setup: Epson Powerlite Cinema 2000 Projector, 135" Silver Ticket Screen Grey, Denon AVR-X3000 , Aperion Verus Grand Towers, Aperion Verus Grand Center, Polk OMW5 Rears, SVS PC-13 Ultra
Current Bedroom Setup: Samsung 55" 4K LED television, Sony PlayStation 3, Sony STR-DH750 Receiver, Polk RTI8's, Polk CSI A6 , Polk FXI A6 Rears, Bic F-12 Sub[/COLOR]
Old 05-09-2016, 03:06 AM

Quote:
Thanks to both of you guys. Discone, are you gonna run dual subs or are you getting rid of the PB-2000? Yeah I was considering the PC12 also but it was so close in price, I figured I gotta get the best of things while I have the chance lol. It should be here tomorrow, can't wait to get setup. I'm a little nervous because it was such a big upgrade going from Bic F12 to the PC2000, I'm worried that I'm gonna be disappointed because there won't be much improvement. Seems like conflicting views whether it will be an improvement, but there doesn't seem to be many PC13 Ultra owners or info on it.
Your Welcome! No at this time I'm selling my PB-2000 to a friend. I thought about picking up an extra sub cable to see how it would sound.

Yea I did a lot of searching through here and the web typing in things like PC12+ vs PC13-Ultra, ect. to get a idea of what to expect from the upgrade. I don't think either one of us has to worry about it as most seem to think it will sound great!
Old 05-09-2016, 01:47 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Your Welcome! No at this time I'm selling my PB-2000 to a friend. I thought about picking up an extra sub cable to see how it would sound.

Yea I did a lot of searching through here and the web typing in things like PC12+ vs PC13-Ultra, ect. to get a idea of what to expect from the upgrade. I don't think either one of us has to worry about it as most seem to think it will sound great!
I went from pc12+s to ultras and the biggest thing was better SQ due to more dynamic range but I was pushing my dual pluses to their limits a lot of the time in the sub 30 hz range.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by januza View Post
Don't believe you. I thought the same. Now have 2 PB13Us and saving up for number 3.

SVS is like sex, u can never have enough of the good stuff.
sure you can....my pb13 puts enough stress on my walls and foundation as it is. there truly is a saying of "too much of a good thing."

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....55" Oled Lg B6p 55" Samsung B8500 Fald Channel Master Dvr+ Onkyo RZ900 avr Samsung K8500 UBR player Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Svs Satellite Surrounds Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
Old 05-09-2016, 02:07 PM

Quote:

Well, we will find out soon enough!!! Keep me updated with yours also.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwtallguy View Post
I went from pc12+s to ultras and the biggest thing was better SQ due to more dynamic range but I was pushing my dual pluses to their limits a lot of the time in the sub 30 hz range.
Glad to hear it did make a difference in the sound. I think that was one of my main thoughts between the two if there was going to be some more power and better sounds coming out of the larger sub. I do like to boost the trim up 4-6 db's hot so I think the ultra should give me what I like.

Quote:
Well, we will find out soon enough!!! Keep me updated with yours also.
Yes for sure!

I just got an email that my sub has shipped, but no tracking number yet.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Glad to hear it did make a difference in the sound. I think that was one of my main thoughts between the two if there was going to be some more power and better sounds coming out of the larger sub. I do like to boost the trim up 4-6 db's hot so I think the ultra should give me what I like.

Yes for sure!

I just got an email that my sub has shipped, but no tracking number yet.

So I finally got it at 6 pm... This thing is a beast!! Initially my receiver wasn't recognizing it... Ran the setup with the sub set to 0db, sounded low. I upped it on the receiver to about 6 db. Seemed like it took a little bit to "get warm" but once it did it sounded amazing. Such crisp clean level bass. Only had a little time to play because I had to go sell the PC2000.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:15 AM

Quote:
So I finally got it at 6 pm... This thing is a beast!! Initially my receiver wasn't recognizing it... Ran the setup with the sub set to 0db, sounded low. I upped it on the receiver to about 6 db. Seemed like it took a little bit to "get warm" but once it did it sounded amazing. Such crisp clean level bass. Only had a little time to play because I had to go sell the PC2000.
Awesome!! Enjoy that beast! Yes I know I won't have time to really set it during the week just quick and dirty. I have Friday off so then I'll get to try and set it up right.
Old 05-12-2016, 01:02 PM

Ok the sub has been set up and a quick AVR calibration done. Wow, Awesome and on and on!! I'm sure it will get better as I learn to set up and calibrate it right. I put in John Wick with the club scene to hear some music and get an idea of the gun shots. I thought I got shot when he whipped out his big boy gun. I love it and can't wait to watch some more bass movie's.

As with the PB-2000 our cat had to give his approval Haha!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newsubfront.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	1435610   Click image for larger version

Name:	new subcat2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1435618  
cchunter and CWash150 like this.
Old 05-20-2016, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Ok the sub has been set up and a quick AVR calibration done. Wow, Awesome and on and on!! I'm sure it will get better as I learn to set up and calibrate it right. I put in John Wick with the club scene to hear some music and get an idea of the gun shots. I thought I got shot when he whipped out his big boy gun. I love it and can't wait to watch some more bass movie's.

As with the PB-2000 our cat had to give his approval Haha!!

So now that you've spent some quality time with the sub, what are your impressions? For me, I feel like the bass part of my home theatre is top notch. The crisp clean bass is the cleanest sound. I almost feel like my front stage is lacking a little bit now! Although it made the system as a whole sound much better, upgrading the other speakers is becoming more of a priority.
januza likes this.

Old 05-21-2016, 01:39 AM
AVS Special Member

That happens with the Ultra. Seems like all the speakers need upgrading. You can always dial back the sub.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Need some help please with the PB13s DSP
I am trying the front speakers on large for the moment. I still have the Centre and surrounds at 80HZ
So do I have to set HPF & LPF in the subwoofer now?
Old 09-19-2016, 06:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony ray View Post
Need some help please with the PB13s DSP
I am trying the front speakers on large for the moment. I still have the Centre and surrounds at 80HZ
So do I have to set HPF & LPF in the subwoofer now?
Disable HPF.

I assume this is for movies? Sub is connected to the LFE output of your AVR? You can disable LPF, also, since the LFE channel is cutoff at 120Hz from the AVR.
Tony ray likes this.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:24 PM

I have the Yamaha 3020 set to extra bass and the mains on large.
The Mains are Zaph SB 12.3 12 inch bass drivers running off a Emotiva XPA 2.
I set the LPF in the PB13 to 125 with a 12db slope.
If I disable the LPF will the sub run up to 200HZ plus?
I disabled the HPF.
There is so much more Bass now especially chest thump but its a bit boomy.
Any more ideas? How do i use the PEQ?
Old 09-20-2016, 06:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 23
If you're using the LFE output on the Yamaha receiver and YPAO EQ, there's no real need to use any of the sub's crossover or EQ settings. The receiver should have internal adjustment of what sub crossover you want for the LFE output - I set mine to 120Hz. This still works even if using full range on mains and "double bass". It may sound muddy since you've got lots of bass drivers playing full range, but only the sub is really covering down to ~20Hz effectively. Plus the tuning frequency of the ports in your mains is different than the PB-13, so there will be a phase alignment issue in those ranges. This can all muddy up the bass.
cchunter and Tony ray like this.

Why do all of my threads suck? Is there an internet posting school somewhere? -wes k
Old 09-20-2016, 06:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony ray View Post
I have the Yamaha 3020 set to extra bass and the mains on large.
The Mains are Zaph SB 12.3 12 inch bass drivers running off a Emotiva XPA 2.
I set the LPF in the PB13 to 125 with a 12db slope.
If I disable the LPF will the sub run up to 200HZ plus?
I disabled the HPF.
There is so much more Bass now especially chest thump but its a bit boomy.
Any more ideas? How do i use the PEQ?
Boomy bass is what usually happens with playing the front speakers as Large along with a sub. Cut off the fronts at around 80Hz, and play with it. See what sounds good to you.

Old 09-20-2016, 03:05 PM

So if I use the Extra Bass option in the Yammie 3020 I still leave the mains at 80Hz crossover?

I was setting the mains to large and also using the extra bass option.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

You don't have to. But, you will be getting boomy bass. You will also have to deal with frequency reinforcement and cancellation between the mains and the sub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer