Official SVS Ultra 13 thread - Page 359 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 76Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #10741 of 10756 Old 01-30-2017, 04:39 AM
Senior Member
 
TomC1315's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 418
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by shareknow View Post
hello everyone,

My Room is 16 feet long, 12 feet wide and 9 feet high

Roughly 1700 cu.feet, should i go for Daul PB2000's or one PB13 ultra.

SVS says on their website that "Running two or more subwoofers improves low frequency performance in several ways, compared to running a single subwoofer. These include: reduced phase cancellation for more room-filing bass, increased headroom for deeper, harder-hitting output, easier room integration and reduced localization so it feels like bass is emanating from all around you."

will a single PB13 Ultra match the daul PB2000's benefits as suggested by SVS website.

Please help me, its kind of urgent.
Are you willing to buy a mic and some other gear and to run REW, to help calibrate and integrate 2 subs ?

MartinLogan Motion 40s / 30 / LX16s
Marantz SR5007 / UD5007
Emotiva XPA-3
SVS SB13ultra

exercise room: MartinLogan LX16s / SVS SB2000
TomC1315 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10742 of 10756 Old 01-31-2017, 06:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Maryland
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DacHawk View Post
<div class="quote-container"><span>Quote:</span>
<div class="quote-block">Originally Posted by <strong>Babel_Fish</strong> <a href="/forum/post/11407994"><img alt="View Post" class="inlineimg" src="/img/forum/go_quote.gif" style=""></a><br><br>
Where Are The Pictures??? <img alt="" class="inlineimg" src="http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/images/smilies/smile.gif" style="border:0px solid;" title="Smilie"></div>
</div>
<br>
New pic's for my Rosenut PB13 Ultra. Enjoy.<br><br>
I set the sub ref level at 82 (Nominal 75). The gain is set at 3 out of 8. The sub shook my whole house during the matrix revolutions scene at the end where Mr. Smith is posing in the air with lightening bolts coming out of his back like dragon wings. Major LFE I've never heard before. I bet ya I can get the recessed lighting fixtures to fall out of the ceiling if I repeat this scene enough times. LOL. Of course, I'm doing this while my wife is at work.<br><br>
BTW Bax Global shipped the unit from Ohio to Florida in 2 days. Perfect condition. Fantastic.<br><a href="http://cdn.avsforum.com/0/00/00ca817a_vbattach87870.jpeg"><img alt="LL" src="http://cdn.avsforum.com/0/00/525x525px-LL-00ca817a_vbattach87870.jpeg" style="width:410px;height:307px;"></a><br><a href="http://cdn.avsforum.com/9/92/92ee8de7_vbattach87871.jpeg"><img alt="LL" src="http://cdn.avsforum.com/9/92/525x525px-LL-92ee8de7_vbattach87871.jpeg" style="width:410px;height:307px;"></a><br><a href="http://cdn.avsforum.com/1/1b/1b28906c_vbattach87872.jpeg"><img alt="LL" src="http://cdn.avsforum.com/1/1b/525x525px-LL-1b28906c_vbattach87872.jpeg" style="width:410px;height:307px;"></a>
Does it really make a difference to have driver facing the wall ??
TRD352 is offline  
post #10743 of 10756 Old 02-12-2017, 10:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eightninesuited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Republic of Canuckistan
Posts: 4,895
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Hey guys,
I just got the Ultra. I love toys. Haven't really had a chance to put it through its paces.
mthomas47 likes this.

Proud Member of "Bass-a-holic Anonymous" - Dual Bottle of Choice: SVS PC-13 Ultra + SVS PC-12 NSD. Drink of Choice: Flight of the Phoenix Crash
7.2 SVS and Energy Reference system.
eightninesuited is offline  
 
post #10744 of 10756 Old 02-13-2017, 05:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,429
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited View Post
Hey guys,
I just got the Ultra. I love toys. Haven't really had a chance to put it through its paces.
You'll love it.

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Korben Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
Mongo171 is offline  
post #10745 of 10756 Old 02-13-2017, 07:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eightninesuited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Republic of Canuckistan
Posts: 4,895
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Just a rule of thumb: If I'm plugging in a port and setting the ultra to 16hz, what should I raise the subs output by to match what I would've gotten at 20hz mode with no plugs. I can't find my spl meter. It's in a box somewhere during the move.
Any general rule of thumb changes when you block a port? Thanks.
eightninesuited is offline  
post #10746 of 10756 Old 02-13-2017, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mthomas47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5,787
Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3399 Post(s)
Liked: 4999
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightninesuited View Post
Just a rule of thumb: If I'm plugging in a port and setting the ultra to 16hz, what should I raise the subs output by to match what I would've gotten at 20hz mode with no plugs. I can't find my spl meter. It's in a box somewhere during the move.
Any general rule of thumb changes when you block a port? Thanks.
Hi,

As far as I know, there are no rules at all with respect to how much you might wish to boost your sub(s), at any port tune. According to Data-Bass, there is a difference of about 1.5db in max output between the two port tunes at 20Hz. Then, the 20Hz tune has about 2db more at 25Hz and 31.5Hz. Above that, the difference is about 1db throughout the passband. The lower port tune makes up for that incremental loss with an almost 8db advantage at 16Hz.

If I were you, I would just increase the gain on the sub slightly, to whatever level sounds best to you. But, if you wanted to try to match the 20Hz tune, for some reason, either a +1, or +2db, increase would accomplish that. http://www.data-bass.com/systems

Regards,
Mike
mthomas47 is offline  
post #10747 of 10756 Old 02-14-2017, 05:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eightninesuited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Republic of Canuckistan
Posts: 4,895
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by mthomas47 View Post
Hi,

As far as I know, there are no rules at all with respect to how much you might wish to boost your sub(s), at any port tune. According to Data-Bass, there is a difference of about 1.5db in max output between the two port tunes at 20Hz. Then, the 20Hz tune has about 2db more at 25Hz and 31.5Hz. Above that, the difference is about 1db throughout the passband. The lower port tune makes up for that incremental loss with an almost 8db advantage at 16Hz.

If I were you, I would just increase the gain on the sub slightly, to whatever level sounds best to you. But, if you wanted to try to match the 20Hz tune, for some reason, either a +1, or +2db, increase would accomplish that. http://www.data-bass.com/systems

Regards,
Mike
Thanks Mike. I have it at -5db.

Fired up a terrible movie, but Episode 2 Queen Ship Landing is a fav of mine!!! Man! Is this thing amazing! Nuances in bass that I never heard!!!!
mthomas47 likes this.

Proud Member of "Bass-a-holic Anonymous" - Dual Bottle of Choice: SVS PC-13 Ultra + SVS PC-12 NSD. Drink of Choice: Flight of the Phoenix Crash
7.2 SVS and Energy Reference system.
eightninesuited is offline  
post #10748 of 10756 Old 10-02-2017, 08:34 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, does anyone have a bash 750W amp for the PC13 Ultra at their disposal? a resistor has come off mine,and i don't want to buy an entire amplifier, if changing that resistor is enough. unfortunately it has gone missing, so i dont know the resistance. It is the R4R resistor in the power supply, just between the two capacitors. any help would be much appreciated, as i cant seem to find sharp enough pictures or any schematics.

if this question should be directed somewhere else, please say so

regards

Thomas
Bequezox is offline  
post #10749 of 10756 Old 10-12-2017, 07:19 AM
Senior Member
 
pixelman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: GSP
Posts: 271
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bequezox View Post
Hi, does anyone have a bash 750W amp for the PC13 Ultra at their disposal? a resistor has come off mine,and i don't want to buy an entire amplifier, if changing that resistor is enough. unfortunately it has gone missing, so i dont know the resistance. It is the R4R resistor in the power supply, just between the two capacitors. any help would be much appreciated, as i cant seem to find sharp enough pictures or any schematics.

if this question should be directed somewhere else, please say so

regards

Thomas
Thomas— I have one that died a while back. I’ll be able to check it on Sunday...
pixelman is offline  
post #10750 of 10756 Old 10-13-2017, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
TheNecromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pinewood, MN
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 27
PC-13 Ultra value

Can anyone give me a little advice. I have the opportunity to buy a used 2012 PC13-Ultra. This has the Sledge 1000 watt amp and appears in good used condition. What is a fair price to pay considering a new one can be had for $1500 in the Outlet?

How many years does the average sub last?

Thanks!
TheNecromancer is offline  
post #10751 of 10756 Old 10-13-2017, 12:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,429
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNecromancer View Post
Can anyone give me a little advice. I have the opportunity to buy a used 2012 PC13-Ultra. This has the Sledge 1000 watt amp and appears in good used condition. What is a fair price to pay considering a new one can be had for $1500 in the Outlet?

How many years does the average sub last?

Thanks!
They last a while if you don't abuse it. I have no idea what a good price is. Maybe start at 1K?

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Korben Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
Mongo171 is offline  
post #10752 of 10756 Old 10-13-2017, 01:13 PM
Senior Member
 
TheNecromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Pinewood, MN
Posts: 203
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
They last a while if you don't abuse it. I have no idea what a good price is. Maybe start at 1K?

Yes, that's kind of what I was thinking. Just wasn't sure if there's an average lifespan to these things.

In your (or anyone's) opinion, if I added a second new PC13-Ultra in the next year, would they work well together?
TheNecromancer is offline  
post #10753 of 10756 Old 10-13-2017, 02:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mongo171's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 3,429
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 994 Post(s)
Liked: 1425
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNecromancer View Post
Yes, that's kind of what I was thinking. Just wasn't sure if there's an average lifespan to these things.

In your (or anyone's) opinion, if I added a second new PC13-Ultra in the next year, would they work well together?
I'm running 2 fuzzy water heaters. Couldn't be happier. Well, maybe if they made a PC16-Ultra!

"I am a Meat Popsicle." - Korben Dallas, "The Fifth Element"
Mongo171 is offline  
post #10754 of 10756 Old 10-13-2017, 02:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jonas2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: South Bay Area
Posts: 2,636
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1363 Post(s)
Liked: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo171 View Post
Well, maybe if they made a PC16-Ultra!
That is something I'd consider!!
Mongo171 likes this.

5.2.4 System....Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60; Power Distribution: Panamax M5400-PM;
Mains:
Paradigm 85F and 55C (Piano Black); Side Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III (Dusk); Amplification: D-Sonic M3-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w);
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Sony BDP S-470, Pioneer CLD-59
Jonas2 is offline  
post #10755 of 10756 Old 10-14-2017, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Kini62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 6,239
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1741 Post(s)
Liked: 1555
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNecromancer View Post
Yes, that's kind of what I was thinking. Just wasn't sure if there's an average lifespan to these things.

In your (or anyone's) opinion, if I added a second new PC13-Ultra in the next year, would they work well together?
1k is too high for the age of the sub. Somewhere about half price 800 would be a good place to start.
cchunter likes this.
Kini62 is offline  
post #10756 of 10756 Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ed Mullen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,139
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 345
Necro - if you do go for it, we can help you get the subs dialed in and properly phased for the best in-room combined FR and performance. Agree with Kini - around $800 would be a fair price - it's more than likely past the 5 yr warranty at this point.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"
Ed Mullen is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Svs Sb13 Ultra Piano Gloss 13 Inch 1000 Watt Powered Subwoofer

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off