Trouble finding Info on SVS PB12-Plus (not the /2) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-26-2007, 08:27 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking to buy the single-woofer SVS PB12-Plus (i.e. not the PB12-Plus/2) and am having a very difficult time finding info on it. There's a ton of info on the "/2" model, but the "standard", single-woofer model isn't even on the craigsub list. This has me quite concerned.

My room is ~6400 cf. I'll be using it primarily for HT (probably 80%) with some music (probably 20%).

Is there any reason for the lack of info out there? Is this sub not well received? Given the above, do you see any potential problems with this sub?

Thanks all! I greatly appreciate it. I'm just a little disconcerted about what I'm *not* finding on this sub.

--Mav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-26-2007, 08:54 AM
Advanced Member

Ed Mullen's review PB12-Plus
post #3 of 4 Old 08-26-2007, 09:07 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Thanks. Saw that one. I'm looking for other, less technical opinions -- preferrably not from an SVS employee. Don't get me wrong, what contact I've had with Ed (a couple of emails) has been phenomenal, and by all accounts, he's one of *the* guys when it comes to sub stuff, but I was hoping for a review or two done by someone not affiliated with SVS. Thanks!

--Mav
post #4 of 4 Old 08-26-2007, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickster2 View Post

I am looking to buy the single-woofer SVS PB12-Plus (i.e. not the PB12-Plus/2) and am having a very difficult time finding info on it. There's a ton of info on the "/2" model, but the "standard", single-woofer model isn't even on the craigsub list. This has me quite concerned.

My room is ~6400 cf. I'll be using it primarily for HT (probably 80%) with some music (probably 20%).

Is there any reason for the lack of info out there? Is this sub not well received? Given the above, do you see any potential problems with this sub?

Thanks all! I greatly appreciate it. I'm just a little disconcerted about what I'm *not* finding on this sub.

--Mav

You should if at all possible consider a plus/2 as your room is very large.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickster2 View Post

Thanks. Saw that one. I'm looking for other, less technical opinions -- preferrably not from an SVS employee. Don't get me wrong, what contact I've had with Ed (a couple of emails) has been phenomenal, and by all accounts, he's one of *the* guys when it comes to sub stuff, but I was hoping for a review or two done by someone not affiliated with SVS. Thanks!

--Mav

No offesne but EDs review are the benchmark that other reivews should be held to and your should really use it as its a top notch review. Aslo this review was published before ED began work at SVS and I would still trust ed's opinion as he is a man of the utmost integerity.

if you want some more subjective reviews here is a website for customer reviews.

http://www.audioreview.com/

I would reccomend you at least conisder the plus/2 and what information svs can give you.

ShaunH
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page