Forum Jump: 

post #811 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renob101 View Post

Hmm I bet he replies with your post sounds like an ED fanboy! His post just sounded like an upset coustomer to me.

lol Im a fan of ED myself and Im sure they will take care of Ted99.

Your right. everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt.

hey, i said it "sounds" like a troll / hater. I did not "Call" him one...

also, since i had a similar issue, and my case was solved so quickly, it makes it hard to believe eD would leave him hanging for a MONTH.

i have pics to prove my point. i await seeing the damage ted99 had on his.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #812 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
The extreme downside to any damage claim is that it requires the original package so that the shipper can pick the item up and inspect it. Without the original packaging, the shipper has no proof outside of the fact that there's a damaged item.

FedEx definitely should not have left an A7S-450 without requiring a signature...we insure them for full value and a signature is required on each and every one of them.

Unfortunately, a damage claim to be filed without packaging really isn't the easiest thing in the world and I know our FedEx rep tries his hardest to take care of any odd issues that arise. If Alex hasn't been in contact with someone, it may be because he has not received word back from our rep and simply didn't want to e-mail saying hey, we're still trying.

I'll definitely let him know when he's back from lunch to do exactly that.

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #813 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

I'm not sure but do sealed subwoofers also have a tuning point? If so, whats the tuning point for a7s-450 ?
post #814 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 11:40 AM

Liked: 17
These seem like great subs but why are they so friggen ugly (in my eyes, of course). Mine has to sit in plain view and I am just not a fan of their looks at all.
post #815 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aham23 View Post

cute dog. rat terrier? his shock collar is almost bigger then him. if you turn that sucker on he would shake off. .

my a3-300 arrived yesterday. i think its HUGE. i can not imagine trying to find a spot for anything bigger! mine may end up in the back corner or to side of my seating as an end table due to its size.

my theater will not be done for 3 more weeks, so i have a bit of a wait before firing it up.

later.

Yes, Rat terrier, Eddie, great dogs.
Thats the smallest collars we could find, kept them from running off though.
We have 16 acres and at least 45 more abutting us, so we needed to keep them from harm.
I'm sure you will love the sub when you fire it up.
post #816 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 12:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parafly9 View Post

These seem like great subs but why are they so friggen ugly (in my eyes, of course). Mine has to sit in plain view and I am just not a fan of their looks at all.

I agree the finish isn't the best but for most, this is going into theater action and once the lights are off/dimmed, looks don't matter, the sound does. If you can't see yourself with the sub finish, you can either ask for an unfinished sub and finish it any way you like or look into another brand.
post #817 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted99 View Post

LESSON LEARNED: If you are going to order from eD, where they use a shipper that wants to "drop and run", if the box has any damage when you see it, don't open it. Notify eD to have Fed Ex come back and pick up the box for return to eD. So far, I have received no satisfaction on my damaged order. I also order things from NewEgg, and they specifically say on their order page that if your shipment shows any damage, refuse to accept the shipment. I received no such advice from eD, and didn't know about this problem with Fed Ex/UPS because it had never arisin before--probably because I had never ordered such a large and heavy item before.

I don't know if eD will sort this out, and Alex Lindeman has not answered my query of 3 days ago on the status. So, my advice to all of you is be very very careful about what you accept, and if you weren't there to "accept" the shipment and it appears to be damaged, DON'T TOUCH IT! CALL THE SHIPPER FOR PICKUP BECAUSE YOU REFUSE TO ACCEPT IT.

I have to say that it's not eD's fault regarding the drop and run delivery person, I've seen every company do the same, UPS, Fedex, DHL. Yeah, in hindsight you should've kept the packaging/box and not disposed of it, if that's what you did. I don't blame you for wanting to open it up and see if it is still ok inside, I would've done the same after the wait, plus it was Xmas. I have no doubt that eD will make it right somehow.
post #818 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Regarding FedEx I think it mostly comes down to how conscientious the driver is. When I received my eD A3-300, the driver rang the doorbell, asked if I wanted some help getting it into the house, and wheeled it in on a dolly to the spot I wanted. I think I also signed for it but I was too excited to remember, in fact I even forgot to take unpacking pictures.
post #819 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 01:11 PM

My driver helped me up stairs into the house with mine.

DHL left a 600 dollar ride cymbal in a snow bank by the side of the road after not finding my house the day before and I called them to say it was two turns from a highway, then asked specifically not to have it left by my mailbox.
I was way pissed off.
post #820 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 01:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 98
Fedex pissed me off when they delivered my A2-300. The driver rang the door bell and told my wife (I was not home at the time) that the best he could do was to drop it off in the driveway close to the garage. It was snowing out (I live in Utah). My wife asked if he could at least put the box in the garage and he said he could not because it was too heavy to carry. So my 5'4" 100lb wife moved the box into the garage
post #821 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 01:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

Fedex pissed me off when they delivered my A2-300. The driver rang the door bell and told my wife (I was not home at the time) that the best he could do was to drop it off in the driveway close to the garage. It was snowing out (I live in Utah). My wife asked if he could at least put the box in the garage and he said he could not because it was too heavy to carry. So my 5'4" 100lb wife moved the box into the garage

Ok...with an A2-300 that's a bit ridiculous. I'm pretty sure part of the FedEx worker manual says Lift up to 70 pounds and that's all an A2-300 weighs.

I can't imagine she was happy with you buying it after that one

Chris Schempp
How to post links to Amazon.com Products.
PSN - Mandos_eD
post #822 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 01:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Schempp View Post

Ok...with an A2-300 that's a bit ridiculous. I'm pretty sure part of the FedEx worker manual says Lift up to 70 pounds and that's all an A2-300 weighs.

I can't imagine she was happy with you buying it after that one

I agree. She called me and told me that Fedex said it (the A2-300) was over their allowed weight (which it was not just by looking at the sticker). I think the driver was just lazy.

And I have a very cool wife She actually really enjoys the new sub (as long as I do not crank it up too much when she is around). My wife actually encourages me to buy movies in hidef now as she says that the difference in PQ/AQ is worth the price difference..
post #823 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

ack_bk, the driver has a dolly and his truck could be lowered and he surely can easily put it on the garage.

Anyway, that guy does not deserve a girlfriend for 6 months and your wife absolutely did not need to seduce him to do the job.
post #824 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 01:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

And I have a very cool wife She actually really enjoys the new sub (as long as I do not crank it up too much when she is around). My wife actually encourages me to buy movies in hidef now as she says that the difference in PQ/AQ is worth the price difference..

We love your wife, too.
post #825 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 02:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Fedex was supposed to deliver my a7s-450 today according to tracking estimate but I waited all the way until 5 pm and its not here. Is the estimate wrong then? I woke up at 12, could they attempt to deliver it before that and take it somewhere since I wasnt around to sign for it? Do they deliver on saturdays?
post #826 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 02:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADOBHuK View Post

Fedex was supposed to deliver my a7s-450 today according to tracking estimate but I waited all the way until 5 pm and its not here. Is the estimate wrong then? I woke up at 12, could they attempt to deliver it before that and take it somewhere since I wasnt around to sign for it? Do they deliver on saturdays?

If they tried to deliver it and you were not there, the website should indicate that they attempted to deliver the item, and they should have left a tag on your door. They may just be running behind. I have had Fedex try to deliver packages up until 7pm before. Man, I wish I could have slept until noon today
post #827 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 02:16 PM
AVS Special Member

I wish I could sleep until 3 - and I would have if I wasnt worried about missing the delivery. I went to bed at 7 am.
post #828 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 02:19 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by ack_bk View Post

Listen, when my A7S-450 gets here, could I borrow your wife to help me bring it in?

If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.

post #829 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 02:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubavs View Post

Listen, when my A7S-450 gets here, could I borrow your wife to help me bring it in?

Haha Yeah, I am still not sure how she moved it into the garage by herself. I am guessing there was a lot of sliding involved.. At any rate, the box held up well, and eD really packed the thing well..
post #830 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 03:02 PM

Quote:

be prepared. it's REALLY heavy. 140 lbs is no joke.

i used a dolley with towels and heavy duty nylon cord to tie it to the dolley, and then me and my wife carefully wheeled it down a flight of stairs into the basement. twice.
post #831 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 03:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Ben...Did you see our blog?
post #832 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 03:16 PM
AVS Special Member

The fedex guy carted my A7S right into my living room.
post #833 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 03:42 PM

Gee, now that my A7-900 is in paintshop, we should be seeing it soon. I'm sure that the delivery guy will be REAL interested in helping us bring it in!!! At least the freight companies are more used to dealing w/ big stuff and can off-load it safely. Well, I'll round up a couple of extra guys to help us tote it in, and take my 65" Toshiba RPTV out at the same time. It's just been sitting in the back corner since we got the projector! Need a TV moving party to precede our Superbowl get together.
post #834 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 05:07 PM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeflap View Post

be prepared. it's REALLY heavy. 140 lbs is no joke.

i used a dolley with towels and heavy duty nylon cord to tie it to the dolley, and then me and my wife carefully wheeled it down a flight of stairs into the basement. twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceperson View Post

The fedex guy carted my A7S right into my living room.

I sure hope my FedEx guy'll help me... I am moving it into a room that is two steps up from the garage floor, so hopefully it won't kill me. It'll fit through a normal door, won't it???

If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.

post #835 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I sure hope my FedEx guy'll help me... I am moving it into a room that is two steps up from the garage floor, so hopefully it won't kill me. It'll fit through a normal door, won't it???

Yes. My wife has an old HUGE grandfather clock in the entryway that was a bit difficult to get around, but otherwise it wasn't that hard. Once it was inside I didn't have too much problem moving it to its final resting place by myself, although I'll admit it only had to go about 10 feet from where the delivery guy sat it.
post #836 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisteman View Post

My driver helped me up stairs into the house with mine.

DHL left a 600 dollar ride cymbal in a snow bank by the side of the road after not finding my house the day before and I called them to say it was two turns from a highway, then asked specifically not to have it left by my mailbox.
I was way pissed off.

OT - but I was going to ask if the name referred to the cymbals. I had one, but was mostly Zildjian and Sabian. Sold those sets a long time ago...so sad.
post #837 of 15457 Old 01-25-2008, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlindeman View Post

Ben...Did you see our blog?

yeah, they look and sound great. thx again.
post #838 of 15457 Old 01-26-2008, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwiniii View Post

OT - but I was going to ask if the name referred to the cymbals. I had one, but was mostly Zildjian and Sabian. Sold those sets a long time ago...so sad.

Yes, I used to have an endorsement with Paiste.
I have waaaay too many cymbals in my house, must be 50 or more.
K's Z's Sabians, some Italian and China too.
post #839 of 15457 Old 01-26-2008, 05:25 AM

Liked: 13
Ribbit, I found a picture of your subs.

They look good. Hope they get to you in perfect shape.
post #840 of 15457 Old 01-26-2008, 05:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjg100 View Post

Ribbit, I found a picture of your subs.

They look good. Hope they get to you in perfect shape.

they left eD today/yesterday (depending on where you are)

fingers crossed on its cross country travel and then across the pacific

Mike C
MKC International
SVSound Philippine Dealer
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Elemental Designs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page