Forum Jump: 

post #15451 of 15457 Old 06-27-2014, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveds50 View Post
is the sound interrupted when it clicks ? if not, take the amp out and see if anything is loose on it.

the green light will stay on until the auto-off shuts it off. can be up to 5 minutes on some amps.

i cant think of anything that could arc on that amp, unless you have a bad solder joint somewhere.

i always completely power down my amps when not in use. ( master switch ) that's because in standby mode with auto-off, the power supply section is still powered up. this is true with all amps, not just eD amps. my amps tend to last a whole lot longer than other people...
Dave,

I did some investigating, and I think it is a bad relay in the auto-on feature on the amp. The clicking is the relay -- and the sound cuts in/out when it clicks. Oddly -- the led stays green even when the relay cuts in and out. I pulled the amp. Do you still do repairs on these LT300s? Can you PM me with instructions on how/where to send, and cost of repair. I hate not having my sub -- so I would like to get this out on Monday. Hopefully not be down too long.

Thanks!

CT

HD-HT on a reasonable budget.
Proudly Purple

For Sale: eD Elemental Designs A3-300 sub (DC/VA/MD area)

Last edited by Skrill; 06-28-2014 at 06:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #15452 of 15457 Old 06-29-2014, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ED LT-550 sub issues

Well, it appears my sub hit the wall. I have an ED LT-550 that has been rock solid for about 6 years, but no more.

The sub turns on, but has a nasty sound like it is shorting out and is not producing clean sound at any volume level. The LED flickers between orange and green, so I think it is the amp and not the driver but I am no expert on subwoofers.

Any suggestions on possible replacement/repair or things to do to fix it myself?
post #15453 of 15457 Old 06-29-2014, 07:22 PM

Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghengisk78 View Post
Well, it appears my sub hit the wall. I have an ED LT-550 that has been rock solid for about 6 years, but no more.

The sub turns on, but has a nasty sound like it is shorting out and is not producing clean sound at any volume level. The LED flickers between orange and green, so I think it is the amp and not the driver but I am no expert on subwoofers.

Any suggestions on possible replacement/repair or things to do to fix it myself?
PM answered.

however, you may want to check the driver with a multimeter before you do anything. there is a possibility that the voice coil is melted, and is sending the amp into protect. you may also try to disconnect the driver and power the amp up, and see if it stays green. you know what the problem is at that point.
post #15454 of 15457 Old 06-29-2014, 07:33 PM

Thanks Dave, I will check it out and see what results I get.
post #15455 of 15457 Old 07-02-2014, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Selling my A7S-450

Check classifieds if interested.
post #15456 of 15457 Old 07-06-2014, 01:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know it's a long shot but was wondering if you guys might know where I could acquire the clips for the A3-300 to put the front face on?
post #15457 of 15457 Old Yesterday, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hey guys,

I have decided to sell my eD A3-300 sub. I just got the amp back from Daveds50 refurb and it is working strong again. I have both the original eD 13Ov.2 Dual 2 (which functions perfectly) and an Infinity 1260 (which is a year old). I will list the sub in the classifieds as soon as I get pics, but this one is an original down-firing with rear port design. It works great and delivers solid bass. If you have been looking for a playmate for your existing A3-300, here is your chance.

I will be looking for $300 OBO. Local pickup in Northern VA area (DC/MD).

Thanks!

CT

HD-HT on a reasonable budget.
Proudly Purple

For Sale: eD Elemental Designs A3-300 sub (DC/VA/MD area)
Reply Subwoofers, Bass, and Transducers

Tags
Subwoofers , Elemental Designs

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page