AVS Forum banner

Official Elemental Designs Subwoofer Thread

2M views 16K replies 1K participants last post by  vtraudt 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have started this thread with permission from the moderator. Now everybody can post about their elemental design subs.

I will start by saying that my 6 week wait for my A7-900 was well worth the wait! This sub has all the detail, low level response and punch that I had hoped for! It is simply amazing what this sub does for 2,000.00 delivered.

I want to thank Chris and Alex and all the gang at ED for such a fine product.

This sub will be in my theater for many years to come.

Thanks again,

rmlowz

#2 ·
rmlowz,

how is the a7-900 compared to the danley? You have 3 of the best. How is the a7-900 compared to the Ultra's, I owned those and a comparison would be great for me.

#3 ·
Sounds like you got the feet fixed and are enjoying...way to go.

#4 ·
Nice Rich.

You must compare things....you must.

#6 ·
Still working on it

Grill is getting cut right now. I totally forgot that we didn't have those cut yet. Stupid brand new things.

#7 ·
I just ordered an A3-300 and wait time is 5-6 weeks. I can't wait! I have an Outlaw Audio LFM-1 Plus and whichever is better between the two stays in my living room and the other one goes up to my bedroom. I have hardwood flooring and the Auralex Gramma did stop unnecessary vibrations. I was able to dial up the volume on Outlaw more. I'll see if Ed A3-300 can surpass this having the same specs.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmlowz /forum/post/12450809

Hello,

I have started this thread with permission from the moderator. Now everybody can post about their elemental design subs.

I will start by saying that my 6 week wait for my A7-900 was well worth the wait! This sub has all the detail, low level response and punch that I had hoped for! It is simply amazing what this sub does for 2,000.00 delivered.

I want to thank Chris and Alex and all the gang at ED for such a fine product.

This sub will be in my theater for many years to come.

Thanks again,

rmlowz

Nice. I have been sending the link to the A7-900 to my wife every few days leading up to Xmas hoping one (or even better, two) show up under the tree.

Splotto

#10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splotto /forum/post/12453408

Nice. I have been sending the link to the A7-900 to my wife every few days leading up to Xmas hoping one (or even better, two) show up under the tree.

Splotto

been there done that ... all she says is "so?"

#11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splotto /forum/post/12453408

Splotto

Doesn't sound like it/they (depending on how generous the wife is feeling) will be making it under your Christmas tree in time, unless she already ordered it/them a while ago. Still, I would love an A7-900 for Christmas, and I think it would be worth the wait if they didn't come until later

Come to think of it, that will have to be one huge Christmas tree for one or more A7-900's to fit BENEATH it!

#12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalakersfan34 /forum/post/12453459

Doesn't sound like it/they (depending on how generous the wife is feeling) will be making it under your Christmas tree in time, unless she already ordered it/them a while ago. Still, I would love an A7-900 for Christmas, and I think it would be worth the wait if they didn't come until later

Come to think of it, that will have to be one huge Christmas tree for one or more A7-900's to fit BENEATH it!

I can live with a little delay in arrival. :)

Splotto

#16 ·
Hello forum friends,

Quote:Nice Rich.

You must compare things....you must.

I really did not start this thread to compare. I wanted to post my opinion about the A7-900 and did not know where to start. The ED posts and threads are all over the place. I did the search and was amazed that there was no Official thread for everybody to join in no matter what ED sub they have.

As we all know the quote is from Chris at ED. At his request I will give my opinion on what I heard at my house. The A7-900 has the slam (output) like no other sub I have owned! Dual 18s with 1300 watts. I never went passed 11:00 on the volume knob on the A7-900 last night. Tonight I went to 1:00 SCARY! It is also very musical on what I listened to, Holly Cole Train Song is one of my favorite sub tests along with Marcus Miller the sun don't lie CD.

MKtheater wanted to know what I thought about the A7-900 compared to the Klipsch Ultras IIs. They are very good subs but they are not in the same league after further testing. I thought I would never say that. For Craig, the Danley in my room will still go lower. The A7-900 will blow the Danley out of the room in output. I thought I never would say that either ! The Epik Conquest is right there with the A7-900. The A7-900 has the edge for that kick drum musical experience it does not have the output that the A7-900 has. This is just a hobby for me and I really don't think there is THE Best Of anything in A/V. There are a lot of new Companies (to me) that are at a level of performancw for the dollar that should make a lot of my forum friends happy for a long time. OK I am done now as they say in Texas ya'll have fun now.

rmlowz

rmlowz

#17 ·
Thanks rmlowz. I thought that would be the case. Now my question is do you miss the extra low end you get with the danley when using the A7-900? Or does the A7-900 make up for it with the massive output?

#19 ·
Thanks again. Are you still using the growlers? How is the sound of the growlers compared to the A7-900 at the Growlers frequency range? How do the new subs blend with the klipschorns? You have one fine speaker sub system.

#20 ·
Hello,

Yes, I still have the Growlers what they do with the Danley combo is give you that 40 Hz kick you in the chest bass. The Danley will do 60 Hz on down. The A7-900 will do that 40 Hz easily. There are big bass bargains out there let me tell you. What I paid for the Danley and amp (two years ago) and the Growlers recently...For what you can buy today A7-900 for 2 k shipped!!

I know I am in the ED thread but it all depends on how much your theater can hold. I will have my Conquest and the Growlers in mine for a long time. Both subs blend very well with the Khorns.

rmlowz