Want advice on what sub to purchase? Please read this before posting... - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

Old 07-09-2015, 01:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey everyone,
I've been out of the HT game for over 5 years. I'm hoping in the next year or so, I'll be able to get back into it. I recently bought a new house and it has an upstairs room that measures 13'x14' w/ 9' ceilings.
Carpeted, 1 window, sheet rock, and double French doors into it.
I will be piece mealing my equipment as I go along. For speakers, I really like the SVS Prime line. And their SB-13 sub. However, a sub of this magnitude, I'm wondering if it just plain and simple "too much sub" for a small room like mine. I don't plan on jacking my volume to ear bleed levels when watching movies or music. My neighbors are within 15 feet of me on both sides, yes, homes close to each other but I likey.
So having a loud volume probably won't be in my favor.
What are yall's thoughts on a sub like this for my room size? and or any other sub recommendations?
Thanks,
Troy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2015, 02:07 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hello,

I have recently bought a pair of Polk Audio Rti A7's, and are fantastic on their own. My room is 13'x15'x8' , and I would like to know what some recommendations on a sub to pair with them? I am looking only to emphasize the lows, but I do not want to "hear" the sub, just add to the lower end.

Thanks,
RH
Old 09-30-2015, 02:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2466 Post(s)
Liked: 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by therh86 View Post
Hello,

I have recently bought a pair of Polk Audio Rti A7's, and are fantastic on their own. My room is 13'x15'x8' , and I would like to know what some recommendations on a sub to pair with them? I am looking only to emphasize the lows, but I do not want to "hear" the sub, just add to the lower end.

Thanks,
RH

What's your budget?
Old 09-30-2015, 09:02 PM

I'd like to spend around $600 max.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 2466 Post(s)
Liked: 1921
Quote:
Originally Posted by therh86 View Post
I'd like to spend around $600 max.

I've heard Rythmik Audio's LV12R and at under $600 its a pretty good sub. Outlaw Audio has their new Ultra-X12 for $639, so $40 over your budget but I've heard that's suppose to be a nice sub too!
Old 10-10-2015, 12:22 PM

Any other suggestions?
Old 10-13-2015, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hello All- I am working on a 3rd system in my basement and would appreciate recommendations to use with a vintage pair of A/D/S L300 mini monitors. The ADS --to my ear-- hit about 100hz maybe a tad lower as i believe there is some "bass bump" on these, but I can't confirm this as have not been able to find frequency range on the web. Anyway, given the small size I would think I need a sub that is more mid/upper bass proficient rather then hitting super lows but thats why im posting. Criteria is:

1. Budget. Id like to stay less then $500 all in and would no doubt consider used if shipping costs are "reasonable"

2. Size requirements/limits. I have some corner space so could probably accomadate up to a 15" but prefer a bit smaller.

3. Room dimensions. The room is l shaped and about 14 wide by 20 long, with another 6 x 10 off to the side.

4. Primary uses. 90 percent music.

5. Listening habits basic music and a bit of film....dont need to shake the foundation.

6. Appearance requirements. No issue, i dont even care if its veneered or plywood.

7. Timeframe. Next month or two.

So if anyone can chime in an models from the usual suspects, Hsu, SVS, etc it would be appreciated.

Thanks anyone for suggestions......
Old 01-11-2016, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
If not Rythmik LV12R then SVS PB/PC2000?

For a previous post I picked up the recommendation for Rythmik LV12R, however it is still out of stock and I'm getting impatient

Wanted some advise if I increased my budget and go for SVS PB2000 or PC2000, is there a difference that would justify the price difference from Rythmik?

1) 20 x 10 x8 space, with one side (20 feet) open to rest of the basement.
2) Currently have CM8 LR with HTM61 for center
3) using ML DYnamo 500, which is fine for the big sounds but I don't get the clarity and real low sounds ..
4) usage is 80% movies

Thank you!!
Old Today, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello. I am currently trying to build up my home theater system. Currently using a kenwood 8" ported sub from a htib from 99 and it is definitely my weakest link. Using onkyo TX-NR626, JBL northridge surround speakers. Looking for good frequency range, especially for the lows in the music I listen to. EDM is primary music type, but also listen to pretty much everything else.

Criteria is:

1. Budget. Id like to stay less then $500 all in considering I will buy another one at some point.

2. Size requirements/limits. Would like to have a dual sub setup eventually, so nothing too large.

3. Room dimensions. The room is 15' x 25', window wall on left of system, open archway on right.

4. Primary uses. 60% home theater, 40% music

5. Listening habits: mostly home theater, but want enough to give a decent shake in the room. Music, mostly electronic, edm, dance with occasional country and classic rock.

6. Appearance requirements. Nicely finished, black.

7. Timeframe. Next month or two.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement