Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm using a RCA DLP TV. with a Home Theater PC,
Video Card is ATI Radeon 3680
Windvd9 Plus Blu-ray and HD DVD Playback
core 2 duo 4400
1 gig ram.

My problem is calibrating color settings, when i calibrate the color using the tv setings, the movies don't look good, wnen i do this using only the software, it still does not look good. But when watch HD tv programs the picture looks so real it's like sitting there with the person.

Which do you calibrate, the tv, playback software or the video card? please someone help me.

soulsotherside@yahoo.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-29-2008, 07:01 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bel4real View Post

I'm using a RCA DLP TV. with a Home Theater PC,
Video Card is ATI Radeon 3680
Windvd9 Plus Blu-ray and HD DVD Playback
core 2 duo 4400
1 gig ram.

My problem is calibrating color settings, when i calibrate the color using the tv setings, the movies don't look good, wnen i do this using only the software, it still does not look good. But when watch HD tv programs the picture looks so real it's like sitting there with the person.

Which do you calibrate, the tv, playback software or the video card? please someone help me.

soulsotherside@yahoo.com

The TV.

That's what ouput the signal it recieved from from the videocard that interprets what the sw put out.

Sounds like it's already pretty good.

Seggers

Mits 73835, Denon X4000, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, the internet, a NAS drive, a TiVo Series 3 and an Oppo 103 (bye bye PS3). There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
post #3 of 4 Old 08-29-2008, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Seggers,
Thanks for responding.

So what do i set the rest of this stuff to? 0- 50- 100? It's so confussing, becasue all of these setting do something to the tv. The Connection is HDMI I do have an option for DVI as well. But only HDMI on the TV but the card has both
post #4 of 4 Old 08-30-2008, 08:53 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bel4real View Post

Seggers,
Thanks for responding.

So what do i set the rest of this stuff to? 0- 50- 100? It's so confussing, becasue all of these setting do something to the tv. The Connection is HDMI I do have an option for DVI as well. But only HDMI on the TV but the card has both

Erm, not sure that there is settings in the software. Never looked at mine, so not really sure.

I have a DVI out on my ATI 1950-XTX card, so that's what I use, along with an optical out.

I've never set settings on the PCI-e card either, I've left all the default ones alone.

Not much help....

Seggers

Mits 73835, Denon X4000, Emotiva UPA5 (triggered), Wharfedale Pacific Evo 40s, CS, 10s, the internet, a NAS drive, a TiVo Series 3 and an Oppo 103 (bye bye PS3). There's also a Wii, but we don't talk about that...
Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page