Way to play random avi file in Windows Media Center? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-27-2009, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know of a way to select a random avi from a folder and have it play in Media Center? I googled around a great deal and the closest I could find was www.xpmediacentre.com.au/community/vista-media-center-software/30545-playing-random-video-folder-video-library-shuffle-play.html . But the method is quite clunky. This feature seems like it would be of use to many people, and I'm surprised a straightforward solution has never been implemented, at least that I could find.

What I'm hoping for: I have ripped 5 seasons of SpongeBob into individual .avi files in a single folder. I'd like to be able to simply right-click on the folder (or some other easy way) in VMC and have it select an episode to play at random. This would be much more akin to the regular "TV experience" of watching whatever episode happens to be on.

Does anyone know of such a plugin or other simple solution for Windows Media Center? TIA!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-27-2009, 07:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No i don't know of any and I`m sorry to say but I don't see what would be the point of such a script. But hey, that just me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page