Can't put MP4 to DVD - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-28-2009, 07:32 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
sammy004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi can anyone tell me how I can convert MP4 to dvd I tried a program called ConvertXtodvd but it is limited to only 64 (I think) videos so I can't add all my videos on it. Can anyone please tell me a good program to convert to DVD or even to join MP4's. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Sammy
sammy004 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 Old 09-29-2009, 05:52 AM
One-Man Content Creator
 
wmcclain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 17,103
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 296 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy004 View Post

Hi can anyone tell me how I can convert MP4 to dvd I tried a program called ConvertXtodvd but it is limited to only 64 (I think) videos so I can't add all my videos on it. Can anyone please tell me a good program to convert to DVD or even to join MP4's. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Sammy

You might see if you can find something you like here: http://www.videohelp.com/convert

-Bill
wmcclain is offline  
post #3 of 9 Old 09-29-2009, 05:51 PM
AVS Special Member
 
8:13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
You need to use virtualdub to make the file a avi, then encode the avi to mpeg2 using sw like hc enc.

virtualdub may not open the mp4 so you may need to install ffdshow and use that as the compressor codec.

In the ffdshow codecs is enable disable option, enable vc1 to wmv9 and the h.264 to enable.
In the ffdshow output make sure only yv12 is checked.

Then, when you can open your mp4 with virtualdub you can change compressed to direct stream copy so you don't lose resolution.

You may need to demux the audio and video before using the above proceedure: use tsmuxer to demux audio and video and run video through virtualdub as described above.


There is new, and then you are new.
This is a moral of the bears and their cereal.
8:13 is offline  
post #4 of 9 Old 09-29-2009, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
sammy004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8:13 View Post

You need to use virtualdub to make the file a avi, then encode the avi to mpeg2 using sw like hc enc.

virtualdub may not open the mp4 so you may need to install ffdshow and use that as the compressor codec.

In the ffdshow codecs is enable disable option, enable vc1 to wmv9 and the h.264 to enable.
In the ffdshow output make sure only yv12 is checked.

Then, when you can open your mp4 with virtualdub you can change compressed to direct stream copy so you don't lose resolution.

You may need to demux the audio and video before using the above proceedure: use tsmuxer to demux audio and video and run video through virtualdub as described above.

I only have H.261 option I don't see H.264 and I saw all the other options and changed them but I still can't open my MP4 files. I was hoping I can just grab my video from my samsung hmx-10 HD camara (all video in MP4 Format) and just be able to put them on dvd but it seams like there is more work then I thought
Any help or any step by steps will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
sammy004 is offline  
post #5 of 9 Old 09-29-2009, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member
 
8:13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11


See the tab called "Decoder"? Click that tab, and for the h.261 click "enable or libacodec, ffmepg, or libmpeg2", whichever is there.
Then scroll down and set raw video to all supported.
Then in the output tab set it to yv12 only.

Then try and open your video file and it should open.
If it doesn't then post in this forum and ask why: link


There is new, and then you are new.
This is a moral of the bears and their cereal.
8:13 is offline  
post #6 of 9 Old 09-29-2009, 10:06 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
sammy004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I keep getting an error unknown or unsupported file type. Is there a good program where I can join a MP4 together without any degrade in video?
sammy004 is offline  
post #7 of 9 Old 09-29-2009, 10:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
8:13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy004 View Post

Is there a good program where I can join a MP4 together without any degrade in video?

I read good things about a program called clown something: link

Go post there and tell them you want to use clown to join your mp4 together and they will tell you how.


There is new, and then you are new.
This is a moral of the bears and their cereal.
8:13 is offline  
post #8 of 9 Old 09-29-2009, 10:56 PM - Thread Starter
Member
 
sammy004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
OK I just found a program that will convert my MP4 to AVI with OK quality however the sound is all crackly like tic tic click.
sammy004 is offline  
post #9 of 9 Old 09-29-2009, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
8:13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,250
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy004 View Post

OK I just found a program that will convert my MP4 to AVI with OK quality however the sound is all crackly like tic tic click.

Go post a message here: link and tell them your mp4 files need to be joined and you want to use clown bd but don't know how and could they please help you.

Ok.


There is new, and then you are new.
This is a moral of the bears and their cereal.
8:13 is offline  
Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off