Where can I get/rent Blu Ray quality material now that Blockbuster is nearly dead? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 36 Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I am not sure what is up with netflix disk service the last year.
I joined them when they first started and they stated they would ALWAYS have EVERY disk that came out.
but now I add a disk that is going to be released the following day or week. 2 or 3 weeks later it says Availability Unknown.
I have seen disk that were released last year and even though you can put them in your queue they never get them.
Overall they are getting very poor at stocking most things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 36 Old 04-25-2012, 10:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 242 Post(s)
Liked: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by etrin View Post

I am not sure what is up with netflix disk service the last year.
I joined them when they first started and they stated they would ALWAYS have EVERY disk that came out.
but now I add a disk that is going to be released the following day or week. 2 or 3 weeks later it says Availability Unknown.
I have seen disk that were released last year and even though you can put them in your queue they never get them.
Overall they are getting very poor at stocking most things.

I haven't had many problems with disc's that become unavailable after the release date with Netflix, however, with Block Buster it happens all the time. I also have a much better chance of getting BD new releases with NetFlix and less wait time, then I have with Block Buster, but with Netflix you pay extra for BD.

Ian

The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice you give to others

post #33 of 36 Old 04-28-2012, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post

but with Netflix you pay extra for BD.

Don't get fooled by Blockbuster's misleading advertising campaign. Yes, Netflix charges extra for Blu-ray, but they neglect to mention that even after the 'extra' charge, the plans cost the same as Blockbuster's do:

1 disc is $9.99 for both companies (but without BD, Netflix is $2 cheaper at $7.99)
2 discs is $14.99 for both companies (but without BD, Netflix is $3 cheaper at $11.99)
3 discs is $19.99 for both companies (but without BD, Netflix is $4 cheaper at $15.99)

So while Blockbuster isn't outright lying (because yes, Netflix does have a BD surcharge), they are being misleading and implying Netflix costs more for BD.
post #34 of 36 Old 04-28-2012, 10:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mproper View Post

Don't get fooled by Blockbuster's misleading advertising campaign. Yes, Netflix charges extra for Blu-ray, but they neglect to mention that even after the 'extra' charge, the plans cost the same as Blockbuster's do:

1 disc is $9.99 for both companies (but without BD, Netflix is $2 cheaper at $7.99)
2 discs is $14.99 for both companies (but without BD, Netflix is $3 cheaper at $11.99)
3 discs is $19.99 for both companies (but without BD, Netflix is $4 cheaper at $15.99)

So while Blockbuster isn't outright lying (because yes, Netflix does have a BD surcharge), they are being misleading and implying Netflix costs more for BD.

I have both, but BB only charges me $8.99 a month for one at a time. Must be their old timers discount.

Ian

post #35 of 36 Old 04-29-2012, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang View Post

I have both, but BB only charges me $8.99 a month for one at a time. Must be their old timers discount.

No, you must have the plan without the in store exchange. I have the 3 at-a-time plan without the in store exchange and it is $16.99 a month. Have had this plan for about three years, had Netflix for several years before switching to Blockbuster.
post #36 of 36 Old 04-29-2012, 10:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post

No, you must have the plan without the in store exchange. I have the 3 at-a-time plan without the in store exchange and it is $16.99 a month. Have had this plan for about three years, had Netflix for several years before switching to Blockbuster.

Now that I think about it I changed the plan when they closed all the stores around me. I have had better luck recently with Netflix when it comes to newly released BD rentals and their unlimited streaming offers a good bang for the buck.

Ian

Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page