.ts HD cutter - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 15 Old 04-25-2012, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok guys,

I apologize if somewhere there is a duplicate thread over this, but I am new here and can't find it. I have uncompressed, 1920x1080 .ts and .m2t files that are from the 2008 Final Four from CBS and I don't know how to cut out the commercials. I find Tssniper difficult to use.

Does anyone know a GOOD, easy to use, and free .ts/m2t cutter that will help me cut out the commercials, but keep everything else in original quality? I do NOT want to re-encode as this has spectacular quality and re-encoding will degrade it.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you,

Barry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tackdriver View Post

Ok guys,

I apologize if somewhere there is a duplicate thread over this, but I am new here and can't find it. I have uncompressed, 1920x1080 .ts and .m2t files that are from the 2008 Final Four from CBS and I don't know how to cut out the commercials. I find Tssniper difficult to use.

Does anyone know a GOOD, easy to use, and free .ts/m2t cutter that will help me cut out the commercials, but keep everything else in original quality? I do NOT want to re-encode as this has spectacular quality and re-encoding will degrade it.

Any help appreciated.

Thank you,

Barry

Depending on what codec is actually in the container VideoRedo may work for you.

Bill
post #3 of 15 Old 04-25-2012, 05:06 PM

Quote:

Ok guys,

Any help appreciated.

Thank you,

Barry

Try HDTV2MPEG2.
post #4 of 15 Old 04-26-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I got it with hdtv2mpeg, but after cutting commercials, I now have three dozen small clips, not one that is merged together. Any way to fix that? Thank you.
post #5 of 15 Old 04-26-2012, 03:52 PM - Thread Starter

Ok...I'm still having problems. Does anyone know how to edit commercials in TS Sniper? I can't get the parameters to move. I like TS Sniper if I can just get it to work. Of course, I'm open to any other suggestions for good, and hopefully free programs to cut commercials. I new to this and can't figure it out.

Thank you
post #6 of 15 Old 04-26-2012, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

P.S.

It MUST work with .m2t files. TS sniper works with .ts but not m2t. Any ideas? Thanks again. So frustrating.

I've heard of tsmuxer but don't know how to use it, either.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-26-2012, 05:24 PM

Quote:

Thanks. I got it with hdtv2mpeg, but after cutting commercials, I now have three dozen small clips, not one that is merged together. Any way to fix that? Thank you.

I haven't used HDTV2MPEG in a while, but if I'm not mistaken, you can join all the .ts clips as well...saving them as 1 .ts or .tp file. I know I've done that..it's just been a while. But it won't help you with m2t though.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-27-2012, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by visualq View Post

I haven't used HDTV2MPEG in a while, but if I'm not mistaken, you can join all the .ts clips as well...saving them as 1 .ts or .tp file.

That is correct, do not use Clips. The number of files HDTV2MPEG generates will depend on the number entered into the Max Size box. I used HDTV2MPEG for several years, for sometime now I have used/still use VideoReDo to edit TS files.

I would wager that to edit M2TS files one would need something like PowerProducer, VideoStudio Pro (various versions) or Roxio Creator.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-27-2012, 08:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 25
VideoReDo is the very best mpeg2 ts editor. Open your pocket book.
Otherwise HDTV2Mpeg is a useable free utility.
post #10 of 15 Old 04-28-2012, 02:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. VideoRedo seems to be my answer. I kinda mislabeled my post. I not only need a .ts editor, but I ESPECIALLY need an .m2t editor for commercials. Will VideoRedo cut the commercials in both formats, while maintaining the original format (.ts/.m2t) so the quality is not downgraded upon re-encoding? I do NOT want to re-encode for that very reason.

After it's edited, can I save that new version to my hard drive like a normal file?

Thanks again. So new at this stuff!
post #11 of 15 Old 04-29-2012, 08:41 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

VideoRedo seems to be my answer.

M2TS is normally associated with Blu-ray disc, info here. TS (or TP) file formats are normally associated with OTA, DVB-S, etc. (over the air ATSC, satellite) recordings, info here.

AFAIK, VideoReDo will not open M2TS files, I posted some links to programs that most likely will do that. VideoReDo will open TS, VOB, etc. files, edit them, then save then in those formats. If you open and edit a TS file then save it as a TS file, then VideoReDo will not re-encode the video except for a few frames around the edit points. The edited file should play on most media players without aberrations at the edit points. The same can not be said for HDTVtoMPEG. VideoReDo is professional retail software, HDTVtoMPEG is freeware so folks should not complain about its shortcomings. I suggest you read through the VideoReDo forums here.
post #12 of 15 Old 04-29-2012, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
VideoReDo TVSuite works with the .mts files exported from my camcorder and .m2ts is the first type listed in the Open dialogue. ".m2t" isn't listed but you should be able to drag and drop or use All Files to open them since it's the same thing.
post #13 of 15 Old 04-29-2012, 10:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 23
I use videoredo v4 with ts & m2ts files. works fine.

You can use tsmuxer (free) to convert your m2ts files to .ts.
Just load the file into the app and choose TS muxing. choose your destination and in a few minutes it's done..
post #14 of 15 Old 04-30-2012, 07:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Sorry folks, I should have been more specific as in, VideoReDo Ver 3.20.2.609, Nov 16, 2010 dose not show an option to open M2TS files. As my version tells me it is the latest when I have it do a check for updates I did not realize there is a Version (4?) TVSuite with H.264.

A comparison chart here.
post #15 of 15 Old 04-30-2012, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Just wanted to tell you guys I got everything working with a free 15 day trial of VideoRedo. It's beautiful, and yes, it does work with m2ts files without having to reencode.

It's awesome.

Thanks so much for all your help.
Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page