AVS Forum

AVS Forum (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   HDTV Software Media Discussion (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/114-hdtv-software-media-discussion/)
-   -   DLNA program (http://www.avsforum.com/forum/114-hdtv-software-media-discussion/1408089-dlna-program.html)

fits79 04-29-2012 04:04 PM

Hi.

I was looking for a dlna server program that is doing AUTOMATICALLY REFRESH of the folder i have check something like mezzmo do but very nice.

I was try the dlna programs:
01. Samsung allshare
02. Mezzmo
03. Tv mobili
04. Tversity
and others

And none of the above is doing the simply
I have one mkv file like movie.mkv and after i find the subtitle for this movie and i put it to the same folder and name with the movie as movie.srt no one dlna program recognizes it AUTOMATICALLY all it must manually do a refresh to the folder these files exist to see it my samsung le40c653 tv i have.

A LOT OF THANKS

MrBobb 04-29-2012 06:47 PM

With serviio, you have to change the default refresh rate to like 60 minutes, the other servers may have a similar setting, I don't know if you require INSTANT gratification.

fits79 04-30-2012 12:42 AM

Any other prg that can automatically see if there is any change to the folder you have made shared and shows all the changed there is?

And another thing that servioo has is that shows a lot of folders that it doesn't use at all even i was completely disable it from serviio console so...

wmcclain 04-30-2012 04:28 AM

Twonky

-Bill

fits79 04-30-2012 05:27 AM

Is that good?

I download and test the program and it is do automatic refresh but it doesn't split into chapters the video files one feature that it is very practical for see video files don't you thing?

wmcclain 04-30-2012 05:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fits79 View Post

Is that good?
Is it free?
And does it do AUTOMATIC REFRESH?

It's not free but it's not expensive. Try the free demo to see if it works for you: http://www.twonkyvision.de/

The -1 option works for me:

Quote:
Rescan in minutes:

This option specifies the rescan behavior of the server. If set to 0, automatic rescans are disabled. A positive value specifies the period between rescans of content directories in minutes. -1 enables the server to watch content directories automatically for new content without the need for rescans.

-Bill

fits79 04-30-2012 05:48 AM

Yes but i don't see anywhere that choice and the split in chapters any video files...

wmcclain 04-30-2012 05:50 AM

Quote:

Yes but i don't see anywhere that choice and the split in chapters any video files...

I'm not understanding.

What type of video file? Does the container have chapters that the server is not using correctly? What server works the way you want it to?

You should probably pursue this in the Twonky forums.

-Bill

fits79 04-30-2012 05:56 AM

Mkv video files without any chapter inside but program like mezzmo connect my laptop with my samsung le40c653 and makes chapters to every video file and i can go 5 minutes forward or backward at video file just press the ente button on tv remote control.

I want to something similar and the program you tell me.

Is there any that kind of feature or not?

And as i try now mkv files doesn't supported by the program but divx supported...

I want to support mkv files.
My tv SUPPORTS mkv files but with that prg doesn't play it at all?

wmcclain 04-30-2012 06:09 AM

My only experience with chapters virtually created in MKV files is that "DivX Plus HD" certification requires that an MKV container without chapters should have 10 equally spaced virtual chapters created during playback.

However, I thought this was a characteristic of the displaying devices (TV or Blu-ray player), not the server, which doesn't seem to be what you are seeing. If there are other server-side schemes, I am not aware of them.

I'm not understanding your comments on what is and is not working for you.

The OPPO FAQ has a list of servers people have reported using; you might see if you like any of them better: What are some DLNA servers?

No, I don't know which have automatic rescan.

-Bill

MrBobb 04-30-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

And another thing that servioo has is that shows a lot of folders that it doesn't use at all even i was completely disable it from serviio console so...

U have not spent enuff time with it.

First off when u are adding a folder, u can specify video - audio - pixs and if this is a video only folder then by all means deselect audio and pixs then there would be less potential stuff for u to look.

Under the Presentation tab, there are lots of metadata options 4r u to use, or not use. My tons of video files are not tagged, so currently I have not use of any of those myriads of options, so I disable them and that make my screens that much cleaner.

fits79 02-15-2013 04:02 AM

So isn't there any dlna program that make it AUTOMATIC REFRESH EVERY TIME I COPY OR MODIFY ONE FILE AT SHARED FOLDERS.

wmcclain 02-15-2013 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fits79 View Post

So isn't there any dlna program that make it AUTOMATIC REFRESH EVERY TIME I COPY OR MODIFY ONE FILE AT SHARED FOLDERS.

Twonky does. I thought that was a common feature on others. What have you tried?

-Bill