Trying to play 3d MKV files on PS3. Please HELP!!!! - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Blu-ray & HD DVD > HDTV Software Media Discussion > Trying to play 3d MKV files on PS3. Please HELP!!!!

HDTV Software Media Discussion

voz1z's Avatar voz1z
01:22 PM Liked: 10
post #1 of 3
08-14-2012 | Posts: 3
I have tried just about everything to get 3D .m4v files to work on my ps3. I just bought a vizio 3D tv a few weeks ago and have around 15 3D movies. They are all mkv files on my computer. I downloaded tsMuxer and tried converting them all and splitting them. I ended up with around 3 splits on each movie and tried both .ts and .m2ts formats. Everytime I try to play them on my PS3 or TV something goes wrong. When plugging them into the TV USB port it says codec not supported and I simply have no luck. I try playing them on my ps3 and everytime I have NO SOUND. The picture comes in fine but looks like it decreased in quality a bit. I am wondering if there is some how I can just watch these videos on my TV. I have used PS3 media server and tried copying the movie directly to ps3. The file is over 8 GB though so I cannot copy it onto a external drive. I can't split the file on my ps3 and whenever I try encoding it myself I have no audio. I have been trying non stop and doing endless amounts of research and nothing. I have tried usuing tsMuxer and ps3 media server but streaming is way too laggy and slow, and copying takes up too my hdd space on my ps3. And when I encode using tsmuxer I have no audio.

Someone please help. frown.gif

Thanks
yaomizzle's Avatar yaomizzle
02:53 PM Liked: 26
post #2 of 3
08-16-2012 | Posts: 413
What type of movies are they?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
voz1z's Avatar voz1z
06:05 PM Liked: 10
post #3 of 3
08-16-2012 | Posts: 3