Media storage device that can play all types of common video files on HDTV - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-27-2012, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking for a device that can store all my videos be integrated into my HDTV via HDMI and which conveniently display all my videos.
I recently purchased a Panasonic 60ST50 and am disappointed by its limited DLNA and Viera Media viewer capabilities.
I found that both were not suited to play any type of video files. The ST50 could not play the great majority of my my edited home movies. The only workaround was to reencode the MP4 files into mpg2 files.

I tried to hook up a potable hard drive through the TVs usb input and the TV would not recognize it and would automatically switch to the TVs cable input

After researching popular devices like Apple TV, Roku etc I have decided that I do not need any streaming ap services, just a hd that is capable of playing ny video files.
I am looking for suggestions on how I can accomplish this.
Thanks for your help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-01-2012, 08:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 90
I have a 60GT50 and I wrestled and wrestled. Tversity works, Videolan should too.

In the end, I decided to use Plex through Roku. It is so much easier and reliable.

Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page