AVS Forum banner

Have you purchased a 4K UHD TV yet and if so are you ready to hold off buying titles on 4K disc and what titles would you like to see offered in 4K?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Dave Moritz 
#1 ·
Have you purchased a 4K UHD TV yet and if so are you ready to hold off buying titles on 4K disc and what titles would you like to see offered in 4K?

Is anyone here ready to hold off buying certain movies on blu-ray in order to have them on 4K disc to save money on not double dip or tripple dip on a title? Or are you happy with 1080p content and will not worry about 4K till it is on the retail shelf?

#2 ·
Before I ever had a large flat panel TV I had HD-DVD and Blu ray machines hooked to a CRT TV. I stopped buying Dvd's if I could get HD discs instead. I know at some point I'll be going to a 4k set and if there is a disc standard for 4k before then I'll adopt it along with a new player. It's only logical.

As far as discs go I would go for the newer titles before reissues. Maybe by then The Abyss will finally be released.

What discs do you want to see?

#3 ·
4K discs.. Ha! No chance.

Buy now. Wait later.

#4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebland  /t/1519051/have-you-purchased-a-4k-...d-you-like-to-see-offered-in-4k#post_24388314

4K discs.. Ha! No chance.

Buy now. Wait later.

Agreed!

Even having a dedicated room, and large projection screen, like you do, I still am not holding off buying/watching current content.

Coming from VHS to DVD to now I'm pretty content. 4K in the future is like the cherry on top...whenever that happens.

#6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom Stranger  /t/1519051/have-you-purchased-a-4k-...d-you-like-to-see-offered-in-4k#post_24389992

I just don't think there will be enough 4K content available to make the purchase a necessity for many years. If your interests lie outside of a handful of Hollywood blockbusters each year, how much true 4K content will we actually get?
Once they realize 4k streaming is going to be way more expensive than anybody wants there will be an physical format. That and as cameras as replaced with 4k cameras media will follow.

#7 ·
I would love to see the following on 4K video with lossless audio:

Terminator 1-4

Sound Of Music

Gone With The Wind

The Abyss

Gladiator

Master And Commander Far Side Of The World

Pirates Of The Caribbean 1-4

The King And I

Star Wars 1-6

All Star Trek movies

Saving Private Ryan

The Eagles Hell Freezes Over

Pink Floyd Pulse Concert

Kiss live in concert

Behind Enemy Lines

Batman Dark Knight Rises

Batman Dark Knight

Iron Man 3

The Matrix

and some others

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.