AVS Forum banner

Blu Ray won't play on HP MediaCenter computer

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ChrisW6ATV 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I am at the end of my rope with googling on this one. I am hoping someone can help me.

I moved into a house that has a media room. In it is a HTPC with the following characteristics:

HP Media center m9000t running Windows Vista

Nvidia 8500GT video card- has a HDMI, VGA, and S-Video output

Blu Ray drive (OEM)

DVD drive (OEM, this works fine)

3M Touch screen monitor (set up as clone display as connected with VGA)

The room had a low def projector and I upgraded to a:

Mitsubishi HC7900

I did a fresh install of all the software, and downloaded all new updates (Vista SP 1being most pertinent)

The Blu Ray wasn't working and googling led to the following actions, all failing:

1) HP's DVDPlay (OEM blu ray software) was freezing trying to complete an update. After crashing my computer over and over I finally uninstalled it. Eventually I found forums where they this was described and reccomended Cyberspace Power DVD 10 which I downloaded. With this, the Blu Ray wouldn't play citing a HDCP issue.

2) Downloaded Cyberspace BD advisor. Says the connection is not digital.

3) Use NVIDIA control panel to set up dual monitors (mirror of the two with the projector as primary). The regular monitor is hooked up via VGA. The Mits projector by HDMI. The control panel tells me the card, and monitor are HDCP compliant. The projector projects the image. But a Blu Ray won't play. The BD advisor tells me now that the HDMI connection has given me a digital image but there is still an HDCP issue.

4) Upgraded to NIVIDA 335.23 drivers from NVIDIA site. Still have HDCP issue

5) tried VLC player. Won't work.

5) Uninstalled 335.23, went to oldest NVIDIA driver I could find 318.**. Still HDCP issue.

6) upgraded PowerDVD to 14 for 55$. Still won't play.

Not sure what to do. My components all claim HDCP compliance. This includes my projector, the NVIDIA card, the NVIDIA control panel, and the Power DVD 14 softward. BUt the BD Advisor says I have a digital signal but have an HDCP issue.

I guess the one assumption all of these steps work under is that the computer came with this card, which has a VGA output, and an HDMI output, and that it would be able to send a digital image in 1080p to the HDMI out, while sending a lesser signal to the VGA monitor. I can't figure out if that is true or not. This computer was shipped as a Media Computer with an HDMI output and also has a TV tuner decoder, so I am assuming the card will output HD TV to that HDMI as shipped since that is what it was designed for.

I would really like to make this work with what I have. Rather not buy a bunch of new stuff.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Scott

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.