Forum Jump: 

post #541 of 890 Old 07-05-2003, 04:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
JinMTVT

What program did you use for the playback? I have just about the same system you have and may try the DVD after all. Did you try any of the Windows high-rez clips. I am able to get Coral Reef to play perfect with BSPlayer and WMP9, but with Zoomplayer it stutters.

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #542 of 890 Old 07-05-2003, 08:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
JinMTV -

To be honest, I just dont' believe you are not overclocking the **** out of that CPU of yours Seriously, it is not watchable on my friends Barton core AMD and is barely watchable on my P4-2.7/1GB RAM/400mhz RAM

There is no way to remove the DRM. IMHO breaking it will be nearly imposible, and once someone does, MS just upgrades the DRm and the cycle starts all over again. There are layers and layers to the DRM and alot of it is intergrated into windows. Hence, to break DRM it sounds like you would have to break ALOT of windows itself
post #543 of 890 Old 07-05-2003, 09:00 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 10
i am not ocin my cpu at all..
i have all the misery to keep it cool at this speed without the use of a high noise fan..there wouln't be any point in getting more noise for 5-10% power increse here..

welli've played all th 720 and 1080 clips from WMP9 stuff on the web..inside WMP an all of them plays perfectly

i can also play a few HTDV captures ( 720p? ) HDTV trailers that i've dlded from here this winter

extreme dvd works flawlessly on wmp at 1600 1200

maybe your friends with barton core don't have their computer running straight!i odn't know ..
what i know is that it plays smooth on my computer! and i'm happy with tha ahhaah

i couldn't try T2 HDTV in ZP because of the licenseing issue..
but coral reef plays good in ZP without having changed any WMV codecs settings or additional filters..
post #544 of 890 Old 07-05-2003, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Which chipset do you have?

You can play T2 insude of WM9 player just fine. It will get the license for you.
post #545 of 890 Old 07-05-2003, 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sjchmura
Tools ->Options ->Performance

TUrn off video smoothing

This will be as fast as zoomplayer.

I don't see this in my WMP9. Is Video Smooting called something else, or do you have another version of WMP?
post #546 of 890 Old 07-05-2003, 11:28 AM
Advanced Member

yes it gets the license for T2 from interactual player..then i just drag the wmv files in WMP , i don't start the dvd from wmp actually

chipset is the Nforce 2 on the asus a7n8x
nothing special
post #547 of 890 Old 07-05-2003, 12:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Tools->Options->Peroformance->Advanced

uncheck "use video smoothing"

It is there. This is the release WM9. You can also turn this on and off in the registry (do a search) to enable it for Zoomplayer
post #548 of 890 Old 07-05-2003, 09:54 PM

Quote:

Tools->Options->Peroformance->Advanced

uncheck "use video smoothing"

It is there. This is the release WM9. You can also turn this on and off in the registry (do a search) to enable it for Zoomplayer

By following your thread, I get these options:
Digital Video: Small -> Large
Video Acceleration:
Use Video Mixing Renderer (check)
Use Overlays (check)
Legacy Video Renderer:
Use YUV flipping (check)
Use RGB flipping (check)
Use Primary Surfaces (check)

What am I doing wrong?
post #549 of 890 Old 07-06-2003, 09:35 AM

Let me go out on a limb here and praise Microsoft/Artisan/THX for a amazing piece of software compression, I never imagined that a 2 hour long movie in 1920x1080 progressive could fit into 6.5 GB and still look this good. I say well done.

On a 3 GHZ machine I ran smooth, no problems. Even with a less than optimal display, a 17 in 1280x1024 LCD display it looked real good. Noticeably better than the DVD version,

I agree with most of the other posters that the IA player is a POS. And there is obviously some work to do on DRM and DD encoded sound. But overall I am impressed.
post #550 of 890 Old 07-06-2003, 03:55 PM

well day 4 of stupid error needing an internet connection and ie 5.0 or higher if anyone has any suggestions they would be greatly appreciated
post #551 of 890 Old 07-06-2003, 04:25 PM
Advanced Member

the only thing that would make it better is to find a way to remove the stupid DRM stuff from the files..ehehe
then we could be running the file from any player
post #552 of 890 Old 07-06-2003, 06:08 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

There is no way to remove the DRM. IMHO breaking it will be nearly imposible, and once someone does, MS just upgrades the DRm and the cycle starts all over again. There are layers and layers to the DRM and alot of it is intergrated into windows. Hence, to break DRM it sounds like you would have to break ALOT of windows itself

Let's hope you're wrong, cause there is no way in hell I'm going to watch movies with Media Player.

I don't mind paying for movies at all, but I want to be able to play them using the best software available.

You know, the funny thing about this DRM stuff, is I don't really understand why they even needed it in the first place. It's not like DVD's became a non-viable format when DSS was cracked. The licensing model used for DVD's was working just fine. DVD's continue to make ****loads of money! What's the big deal?

If they just sold movies in WMP9 on a double-layered DVD with no special encryption/licensing, they would still make boatloads of money. Most people would rather just pay the $20 rather than go to the trouble of pirating their own copy of a movie. Most people prefer to have the nice movie case, they want to have a properly ink-stamped disc, they don't want to waste hours making their own.

DRM is unneccesary.
post #553 of 890 Old 07-06-2003, 06:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mbaxter

DRM is here to stay. Get used to it. I have come to the same conclusion. I think what we need to do is pressure MS to allow 3rd parties to access the DRM and not just the IA Player.

iTUNES DRM will be broken in 5 minutes once it is released on Windows - or so I have been told. SO far no one has broken the DRM for MS and, from what Iunderstand, it will be nearly impossible to break the DRM and NOT break the OS.

DRM if it works well is a good thing. It can be painless or painful. The Shadows in mowtown is painless. YOu get the license once and can play it back in MyHTPC or zoomplayer or whatever. This is farmore painful

PillPisher: Are you using WM9 for XP???? I dunno - I have it on mine
post #554 of 890 Old 07-06-2003, 06:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

As many problems as there are here I'm not sure the M$ DRM in its current form will ever get popular enough that anyone bothers to hack it. I get the impression that Microsoft and the Hollywood companies are not exactly workiing together happily to make any of this easy.

But nobody works very hard to hack a format that no one uses anyway. I likely won't buy anymore M$ HD-DVD's until I start hearing more stories of them working easily and repeatedly on the first try.

- Tom

Why don't we power our electric cars from greener, cheaper Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors?

Tom Barry - Find my video filters at www.trbarry.com
post #555 of 890 Old 07-06-2003, 08:14 PM
Advanced Member

Tom i personally iddn't have any problems at all playing the files with MP ..

the problem is that it is not really FUN
if someone wants to watch this portion of the DVD and is not connected to the internet what happens then ?

Will it be the same for all other HDTV DVD WMP9?
i hope that someone has the patience and power to crack this POS off.
as mbaxter said, i paid for the disc, now i want to play it where and how i want .
post #556 of 890 Old 07-07-2003, 09:03 PM

I'm in Australia.
Getting a licence for Shadows of Motown was painless.
And so it should be, I paid good money for it.
T2 is another matter.
Some European membeers have been able to simply enter a Proxy for T2 and it worked. Well, not for me. I have truly tried.I paid good money for it and to limit a movie to the US is absurd. The pc format is universal, so should the wm9 file.
Anyway, anyone know of a way around all this?
Note: the usual proxy fix does not work, it knows I'm using an anonymous proxy server and politely declines from doing any more.
F**** microsoft, Artisan, Interactual etc.
I know nth american users don't care about this but the rest of the world does not want to be excluded of HD. We have HD in Australia, so why shouldn't we get the access? Why does it have to be Nth Am all the time?

moggy

Regards,
moggy
post #557 of 890 Old 07-07-2003, 09:11 PM

I'm still waiting to get it, shipped six weeks ago from Deep Discount DVD and has not been seen since. They will not answer any of my emails. Looks like better asking for a refund huh Moggy... Not happy JAN....
post #558 of 890 Old 07-07-2003, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

You sad, sad, aussies (lotsa bigoted thing I could say about your history), and nowadays, you have Howard, Telsra, and is quite a few thousand miles away from the nearest place that mostly speaks english. (New Zealand doesn't count...we found traces of sheep dna in the people).

In seriousness, you have to find an *unpublicised* proxie server as that Artisan makes an effort to find proxies and deny requests from them. Best to find something academic or big business related hint, hint, know some good geek in the US...

Darius
post #559 of 890 Old 07-07-2003, 10:32 PM

No, not sad at all. Much better off, overall.
I have my offair HD, any region DVDs and R1 D-VHS HD movies with my Sony1292.
Howard is a definite minus though. Conservative a***hole he is.
You didn't say where your opinion was coming from in this wide world.
I notice that most americans don't bother putting their location in the heading, nowhere else but the US I guess, is there? .

In seriousness, thanks. I sort of guessed that I would have to do something like that. It won't be easy. Ideally I'd like to have a pay as you go diallup based in the US. International calls for a few minutes is ok.
It all gets too hard. I'll try to find an unused proxy, but in the end I have no problem in telling Mr Gates to bugger off and just forget the whole wm9 thing.

Cheers and salutations
Moggy
p.s. The D-VHS T2 is the worst pix quality of all my D-Theater tapes.
The sound is abysmal.
It would be nice to see a better picture version.

Regards,
moggy
post #560 of 890 Old 07-08-2003, 12:24 AM

I was lucky enough to be able to aquire the licence first time from Australia, but I cheated and used one of the US proxies of my employer.

The only problem I had was that WMP9 kept crashing on me every 20 mins or so, did anyone else have this problem?

Although it is a great effort to get a HD movie onto one DVD, I didn;t think that the picture quality was as good as some of the other HD I have seen.

Regards

John

Visit the Apollo Theatre at http://www.jrobbo.com/HomeTheatre
NEC CRT Projector Info at http://www.jrobbo.com/NEC
post #561 of 890 Old 07-08-2003, 04:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Moggy,

Most americans really like Aus right now. You are one of the few countries that does not hate us so that makes you an ally.

Yeah, the region thing is painful. Supposedly if you call Artisan adnsay you bought it IN THE STATES on vacation, went home and it won't play they will give you a license
post #562 of 890 Old 07-08-2003, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry kinda OT.... I received a replacement Keepcase (whatever) free from Artisan yesterday. The original was ripped to he** by trying to remove the sheet metal outer case. Forget where I read about the replacements, but it worked for me.

BTW; last night when I tried to watch T2 it needed a refresh, but it got the license first try, no problem. Seems it runs for 5 days? Thank God, Standing in the Shadows is still happy with the first one. And still wondering when / if the BMW ad's will self distruct? My thinks, one has to wonder about all this....... none the less it's still fun, I guess.

Take care......

It is "WOW" TV!
post #563 of 890 Old 07-08-2003, 04:25 PM

well i'm still getting that stupid error with dvdrun which makes it impossible to get the license. don't know how they could sell a product that is such a hassel
post #564 of 890 Old 07-08-2003, 04:48 PM

Sp|ke
Have you tried this?
Some Troubleshooting Tips
====================

For issues with the InterActual player, you can start by looking at their support site. They also have a customized FAQ for T2 up now with lots of helpful information.

General support: http://support.interactual.com/

T2 FAQ: http://player.interactual.com/help/...ticles/0134.asp

Workaround to acquire licenses
=======================

We have noticed a number posts on licensing issues and workarounds to acquire a license and/or play the movie from the Windows Media Player. Below is a description of a direct way to acquire a license from a command prompt and play content from the Media Player. Note, as already posted WM9S player is required, and chapter seek does not function in WM9S Player. Interactual implemented this and other functionality.

a. From a command prompt (StartRun"cmd"), navigate to the DVD drive root.

b. Run the DVDRUN.EXE program (type DVDRUN.EXE and hit enter). The program should exit silently if successful, or display an error dialog if a problem was encountered. For instance, if the PC is not connected to the internet, a dialog will display saying that an internet connection is required.

c. Once DVDRUN has finished, start Windows Media Player 9 Series. Do a FileOpen, and navigate to the folder on the DVD that contains the WMV files: \\common\\win\\lang\\en\ 2x\\esource. To play the entire film, simply open the CHAP_0.ASX file. You can also open the WMV files individually.

d. The license acquisition window will come up and a EULA will appear the first time through. Once you agree to the EULA, a license will be delivered. Press the play button to start the movie.

Just as with the InterActual Player, you will need to acquire new licenses, using this method from the DVD, every 5 days.

Regards,
Patrick
post #565 of 890 Old 07-08-2003, 04:50 PM

have you tried these Sp|ke?

Some Troubleshooting Tips
====================

For issues with the InterActual player, you can start by looking at their support site. They also have a customized FAQ for T2 up now with lots of helpful information.

General support: http://support.interactual.com/

T2 FAQ: http://player.interactual.com/help/...ticles/0134.asp

Workaround to acquire licenses
=======================

We have noticed a number posts on licensing issues and workarounds to acquire a license and/or play the movie from the Windows Media Player. Below is a description of a direct way to acquire a license from a command prompt and play content from the Media Player. Note, as already posted WM9S player is required, and chapter seek does not function in WM9S Player. Interactual implemented this and other functionality.

a. From a command prompt (StartRun"cmd"), navigate to the DVD drive root.

b. Run the DVDRUN.EXE program (type DVDRUN.EXE and hit enter). The program should exit silently if successful, or display an error dialog if a problem was encountered. For instance, if the PC is not connected to the internet, a dialog will display saying that an internet connection is required.

c. Once DVDRUN has finished, start Windows Media Player 9 Series. Do a FileOpen, and navigate to the folder on the DVD that contains the WMV files: \\common\\win\\lang\\en\ 2x\\esource. To play the entire film, simply open the CHAP_0.ASX file. You can also open the WMV files individually.

d. The license acquisition window will come up and a EULA will appear the first time through. Once you agree to the EULA, a license will be delivered. Press the play button to start the movie.

Just as with the InterActual Player, you will need to acquire new licenses, using this method from the DVD, every 5 days.
post #566 of 890 Old 07-08-2003, 04:53 PM

Hi moggy & smallville!

You both have pm!

Best Regards,
KBDVD.

"I Want's It, Me Precious!"
post #567 of 890 Old 07-08-2003, 05:52 PM

course i tried those that's how i got the license originally but now i get the error running dvdrun.exe nothing in my computer changed these suggestions were offered from interactual technologies

Please note that if you are on a network where your computer's identity
cannot be confirmed by the license site, then this content will not work.
The error may occur if the license site is unable to determine that you have
the original T2 disc in your drive (this is one of the checks it performs
when granting a license to you).
If your computer is not on a network like that, you could try resetting your
Internet Explorer security options to "Default" by clicking the "Default"
button found under the Security and Privacy tabs in your Internet Options
panel, and see if that allows the authentication to proceed. If you still
have problems, you may need to temporarily enable DMZ Host on your router's
administration screen, which will forward all of your system's ports outside
of the router's control.

my computer is not on a network and i'm not using a router \\
post #568 of 890 Old 07-09-2003, 09:01 AM

Echt?!? I just arrived home from holidays in US and bought the T2 HD DVD and it says I can't view it because I am outside of the US and Canada!?!

My friend said I can come here to get help? Can someone help me?

Wenn der Untergrund bebt, ist die Ordnung erschüttert.
post #569 of 890 Old 07-09-2003, 09:14 AM

Sp|ke

Have you tried following the security update screen that comes up automatically to renew the license first vs. running dvdrun.exe?

Either way, the info below should help resolve the issue.
Note - The licensing will not work for:

Users from Anonymous Proxy Server
Users with IP addresses from Outside the US & Canada
Users without a valid DVD in the Drive
Users without Windows Media 9 Player
Users from Proxy Servers from Outsite the US & Canada
Users with cookies turned off
Users who decline the EULA
Users who have rolled back their system clocks
Users who have a system clock that is off more than 7 days from today's date and time
Users must have access rights to change your registry settings.

If none of the above are issues, then I suggest the following:

Delete the registry key for dvdrun.exe to force dvdrun to execute:
- Run regedit.exe (Start->Run. Type regedit.exe and hit enter)
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE->Software->Artisan
- Delete the entire T2 Key.

This will force your system to go fetch a license.

P-
post #570 of 890 Old 07-09-2003, 09:23 AM

Sorry, but this has probably been answered before.

Can I let a friend borrow the T2 HD disk without any problems.

Thanks.
Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page