OFFICIAL T2: Extreme WM9 HD-DVD Review Thread - Page 22 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #631 of 890 Old 07-19-2003, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i'd like to know what proxy you're using since your in england and they don't allow anonymous proxies i'd like to see i can get the license using it. bare in mind i'm even in canada lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 890 Old 07-19-2003, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ^Sp|ke^
i'd like to know what proxy you're using since your in england and they don't allow anonymous proxies i'd like to see i can get the license using it. bare in mind i'm even in canada lol

I'll PM you the proxy server I used

Jeff Paynter
post #633 of 890 Old 07-19-2003, 09:26 PM

heh thanks but that's a no go i'm about to give up lol
post #634 of 890 Old 07-19-2003, 09:52 PM

Can someone please PM me a proxy server that actually works..! Thanks
post #635 of 890 Old 07-19-2003, 11:59 PM

Yahoo!! After spending many hours getting this b*&$ard to work, I finally got it going...

Basically, you need to find a US public proxy server that ain't blacklisted. After stumbling around for a while, I found an app specifically written for this task. Its called SurfNOW and it downloads a list from google of publically available proxy servers..

http://www.loomsoft.com/download/download.php?id=1

Download the app, install it, and after a few minutes, you'll get a list of available proxies. Select one, use it, and try loading the .asx file in WMP9, it'll go off and grab a licence. If it stalls, or doesn't load after a while, try the next proxy server on the list. Keep trying until you find one that works. I think it took me about 4 goes and I eventually got it..

Thank f%*k for that... Only reason I bought the EE dvd was to get the HD ver.. Yay!
post #636 of 890 Old 07-20-2003, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
The powers that be are monitoring this forum and getting programs/proxies from ehre to block. Now you can only watch it for 5 days. After that it expires
post #637 of 890 Old 07-21-2003, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

I am curious as to why Media Player does not allow me to watch in fullscreen mode. It tries to do fullscreen and then it returns to skin mode. Any ideas, or do I have to installed the dreaded InterActual player?

Married Men Live Longer Than Single Men, But Married Men Are More Willing To Die.
All Rights Reserved.
post #638 of 890 Old 07-21-2003, 11:41 AM

Daredevil23, the cursor/pointer/arrow whatever has to be in the picture area for the skin mode to disappear

Jeff Paynter
post #639 of 890 Old 07-21-2003, 11:41 AM

Daredevil23, the cursor/pointer/arrow whatever has to be in the picture area for the skin mode to disappear

Jeff Paynter
post #640 of 890 Old 07-21-2003, 08:19 PM
AVS Special Member

s
post #641 of 890 Old 07-21-2003, 09:08 PM

I would use the ATI component adaptor to the HDTV component input on your Mits TV. Then I would use Karnis' ATI timings for the 1776*1000i resolution. This gives me the best picture quality with the least amount of overscan on my Mits 16x9. Most other resolutions using the ATI adaptor result in a virtual (or scrolling) desktop. Enjoy.
post #642 of 890 Old 07-21-2003, 10:24 PM

Ya I do 1776x1000 interlaced too ('optimized 1080i hah..'), maybe some day ATI will be more kind to it's customers and allow custom timings.. none the less looks kinda nice

Please see the world as it really is...
post #643 of 890 Old 07-22-2003, 04:02 PM
AVS Special Member

There is a fuss going on in slashdot saying somp'm about a hole in thr drm...but more fuss about the rediculous and pathetic buy.com music service and M$'s role in it

Darius
post #644 of 890 Old 07-22-2003, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by shah8
There is a fuss going on in slashdot saying somp'm about a hole in thr drm...but more fuss about the rediculous and pathetic buy.com music service and M$'s role in it

Darius

I think I catch your drift

Jeff Paynter
post #645 of 890 Old 07-22-2003, 05:37 PM

well i readabout this crackin drm which involves you opening the file in graphedit which would be nice if it actually would open the files. I don't know about the audio files but none of the drm video files like t2 or shadows of motown would load
post #646 of 890 Old 07-23-2003, 05:24 AM
AVS Special Member

In WMP9 how do you get to full screen mode without anything else? alt-enter will take the widescreen out to full size, but you still have the silver frame from wmp at top and bottom. Nothing that I can find takes out the menu bar and the silver stuff at the same time. Any clues? (I know I can blank it out on the pj but would like to avoid that.

Secondly, I see quite a difference in PQ between WMP9 and WinDVD Platinum playing the same T2 files. WinDVD is considerably softer than WMP9, but I've never seen that mentioned here. Do I have something set incorrectly? Using software decode and default settings.

--Bill
post #647 of 890 Old 07-23-2003, 06:07 AM

Bill, that normally goes away but the mouse pointer must be within the picture area.

Jeff

Jeff Paynter
post #648 of 890 Old 07-23-2003, 08:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally posted by bblue
In WMP9 how do you get to full screen mode without anything else? alt-enter will take the widescreen out to full size, but you still have the silver frame from wmp at top and bottom. Nothing that I can find takes out the menu bar and the silver stuff at the same time. Any clues? (I know I can blank it out on the pj but would like to avoid that.

Go into Tools/Options/Performance/Advanced and toggle off Full Screen Controls

Jim
post #649 of 890 Old 07-23-2003, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Jeff, you know, I've seen it go away once or twice but could never figure out why. And of course just touching the mouse brings it back and with the timeout (apparently) so long I never figured that out.

Jim, boy they couldn't have buried that any better if they tried. Yeah, I guess wanting a clean screen is an advanced option-- right. Sheesh.

Thanks for the responses.

--Bill
post #650 of 890 Old 07-23-2003, 08:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok,

SO I finally get around to trying to watch T2 HD and guess what....it sits on the Windows Media Player Update grey box that says "Upgrading" (after I clicked begin upgrade."

What is with all of these issues??

Can someone please help me out? I have tried getting this to work for about 3 hours now.

I am in Dallas, TX so I do not know what the hell the problem is.
post #651 of 890 Old 07-28-2003, 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by tj21
So when will the T2 be released in the movie theaters in Europe? Or wait, that has already happened 12 years ago. And when will we see "staggered" T2 HD DVD European release? This does not make any sense to me.

Tomas

Cinema release staggering is only one part of the story.
Region coding also exists because of different organizations around the world owning the distribution rights for that country.
So to please their distributors the film houses decided to annoy every single consumer.

Regards,
moggy
post #652 of 890 Old 07-28-2003, 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by mikey p
KBDVD.... Right on, as we say here state side, and BTW; I have had trouble with the MS demo disc and T2, hell I live here, this is non sense!

Thanks for clearing me up on the number to times this title had been released, I only have one other, the last DVD version, I guess you could buy the D-Theater tape copy and view it in HD, but wonder what the law is on you (for example) buying a JVC 30K and a tape copy of the subject title, all very interesting.
mikey

I thoroughly agree with kbdvd.
I also have to live with this region coding nonsense.
Almost every single DVD player sold in Australia is de-region coded. I don't know of any that aren't. With Australia about to sign a free trade agreement with US, I wonder if it will include region coding dismantling? I'm not holding my breath.
Re 30k:
I imported a JVC 30k and have currently about 20 D-Theater tapes. I only use the JVC for this and do not use it for recording or any other nonsense. Like R1 DVDs, no law is broken. Just another hurdle for non-US people.

Regards,
moggy
post #653 of 890 Old 08-02-2003, 01:31 PM

I'm only getting what I can best guess are the rear surround channels. I'm playing T2 from the interplay player. I have an Audigy 2 connected to a Sony receiver by a digital optical cable. The sony is showing that it's receiving a PCM 96kHz signal.
post #654 of 890 Old 08-02-2003, 03:57 PM
AVS Club Gold

Wow, I was about to post this exact same thing. Ditto for me, except I have a Magnavox receiver. Only limited sound coming through. Is there a way to change WMP9 to output correctly?

-MP

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #655 of 890 Old 08-02-2003, 05:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

I'm only getting what I can best guess are the rear surround channels. I'm playing T2 from the interplay player. I have an Audigy 2 connected to a Sony receiver by a digital optical cable. The sony is showing that it's receiving a PCM 96kHz signal.

Quote:

Wow, I was about to post this exact same thing. Ditto for me, except I have a Magnavox receiver. Only limited sound coming through. Is there a way to change WMP9 to output correctly?

If you are playing the WM version of T2 and want full 5.1 sound you need to hook up to your receiver via analog since S/PDIF doesn't carry Windows Media audio - and even if it did your receiver wouldn't know how to decode Windows Media audio.
post #656 of 890 Old 08-02-2003, 05:34 PM
AVS Club Gold

Heh, that's what I was afraid the answer would be. Ah well, easy enough to do but a pain to switch .

-MP

Someday maybe I'll actually WATCH my projector...
post #657 of 890 Old 08-02-2003, 07:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yeah, switching cables is no fun. BTW, you might be interested in Amir's post regarding possible future directions of audio for WM9 movies:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...07#post2174407

Quote:

"Obviously, DD/DTS have an advantage as far as receiver availability is concerned. We are doing three things to go beyond the current solution of using analog outputs:

1. Using the bandwidth available on 1394/USB 2.0 to send the uncompressed stream to the receiver. PC does the decoding still but since the bits stay in digital domain, they are not subject to analog round-trip and can also be corrected for base management, etc. As receivers get more sophisticated, you can imagine these solutions appearing on them.

2. Putting WMA Pro in the receiver and carrying the compressed stream over S/PDIF. We are in the process of getting IEC to approve the codec stream ID for WMA Pro and while I can not mention names or schedules, there are receiver manufacturers who are working on WMA Pro decoding.

3. A "dongle" that takes uncompressed stream in #1 above and encodes it back to DTS/DD. Yes, the quality will suffer some especially in the case of DD, but you get compatibility with all the current receivers.

There is yet another solution which is having a sound card in the PC with on-board DTS/DD encoder ala Xbox/Nvidia chipsets. But we are not pushing on this as the cost of the encoder+codec royalty is probably too high to justify for a consumer sound card although if this solution appeals to you, you may want to let you favorite vendor know"

post #658 of 890 Old 08-02-2003, 07:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Ok,

I finally get the license and it says to click PLAY to continue. Well, the Play button is in grey, meaning I cannot click it. The only other choice is cancel, and that one I can click. It appears to still be trying to get the license, even though it says it has it....

Any ideas on what is going on?

Same thing happens if I run it through WM9 or the Inter. Player.

This is driving me nuts!!!!!!

Why do I spend $$$ on a product and it takes WEEKS to be able to watch the damn thing.

Microsoft people, please respond.

I can give you a step by step process if you want me to. This is ridiculus.

post #659 of 890 Old 08-03-2003, 01:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I finally had time to get the T2 disc and tried it today. The registration at first did not work (the play button was grayed in). I just ejected the disc and reinserted and this time the registration had the "agree" and after I pushed it the play button was there. I pushed it and the DVD started to play with no problem. It stuttered at the beginning only. I did not watch all of it due to the audio problem.

My problem is I cannot get the DD5.1 to work. I have the Maudio DiO and the onboard Nvideo with my A7N8X motherboard. How would I get analog from my sound cards to my Sony receiver? The DiO does have L/R outputs, so would this work?

Any way to get this to work?

My system is as listed below.

AMD Athlon XP 2000 (1.7 ghz)
A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard
Radeon 9500 Pro (128)

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS - SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS
post #660 of 890 Old 08-03-2003, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Why not use the onboard dolby digital encoding to send the 5.1 from WM9 to the receiver? Else you need a card that will output 5.1 analog and have 6 wires going.
Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page