post #871 of 890 Old 01-05-2009, 05:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by belloq View Post

Sorry to dredge up an old issue. I purchased this years ago and just tried to play it in my PC according to the workaround in this thread. (I don't have blu-ray yet and just got a new 1080 monitor that I want to test with this software. All required specs are met. I'm running WMP 11.) I see the T2 license server popup with custom background but received message: "There was a problem issuing licenses. Please try again later." Tried yesterday and today with no luck. Can someone check if the server still works for them, or is it inactive and will never produce a license again? (i.e., this HD feature is dead at this point because the InterActual licensing server is not supported and will no longer produce licenses.) Thanks.

I paid full price for one of these in a nice tin box when they first came out. And I never did get it to play before running out of my very limited patience for dealing with copy protection problems. It would probably be reassuring to me to hear they had finally dropped support so I don't have to continue to procrastinate on this.

And it would be more evidence my belief that ALL phone home media will eventually become unplayable, no matter how big the sponsoring company.

But I'll wait for final results here.

- Tom

Why don't we power our electric cars from greener, cheaper Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors?

Tom Barry - Find my video filters at www.trbarry.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #872 of 890 Old 01-05-2009, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
There was a discussion in this thread which might still be there or deleted on how to get around the copy protection. It was pretty involved including grabbing the Japanese version of WMP or something. I did it myself since I had real problems also playing this title. The process just removed the DRM from each file resulting in 4 WMV files that could be played anywhere.

I think now it's better to wait for or purchase the BD version which would be better than the WMV one and much easier to play.
post #873 of 890 Old 01-07-2009, 03:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Location: North of Mexico, South of Oregon, Not as far east as Vegas
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by belloq View Post

Sorry to dredge up an old issue. I purchased this years ago and just tried to play it in my PC according to the workaround in this thread. (I don't have blu-ray yet and just got a new 1080 monitor that I want to test with this software. All required specs are met. I'm running WMP 11.) I see the T2 license server popup with custom background but received message: "There was a problem issuing licenses. Please try again later." Tried yesterday and today with no luck. Can someone check if the server still works for them, or is it inactive and will never produce a license again? (i.e., this HD feature is dead at this point because the InterActual licensing server is not supported and will no longer produce licenses.) Thanks.

I just got around to trying out my copy about a week ago on my new computer that runs on Vista. The version on the interactual player on the disc may be out of date ( you should install the interactual player that comes on the disc). Fill out the registration and install the software and when you try to run it you will be prompted that there is a new version on the player install it. Reboot and play the disc. I was not prompted about any license issues so I think the server was down for a short time. But that fact I was able to download a player update shows that they have an active server somewhere.

"Bring out yer dead!".."Wait I'm not dead yet!"..(Sound Austrian here) "WRONG !!" (You know what happens next..)
post #874 of 890 Old 01-10-2009, 01:50 PM

Nope, licensing still doesn't work. I'm running windows xp and going through windows media player trying to play chap0 on the disc. The licensing site still pops up and says there is a problem issuing licenses try again later. I won't hold my breath. (The interactual player old or new didn't work at all for me. It wouldn't even look for the license.) If someone can repost that way to play the files without it looking for the license, since they aren't supporting the license any longer, please post here. Thanks.
post #875 of 890 Old 02-21-2009, 02:54 AM

So has anyone got the WMV HD to work lately? All I get is a License Acquisition box that says The page cannot be displayed. And sometimes a box that says I need Internet Explorer version 5.0 or later . I'm thinking the license server is no longer even running?

I even installed the Interactual player and got the latest update for it.
post #876 of 890 Old 02-21-2009, 10:21 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Anybody know if Microsoft even has an official position on this issue?

Is support officially dropped?

- Tom

Why don't we power our electric cars from greener, cheaper Liquid Fluoride Thorium Reactors?

post #877 of 890 Old 02-21-2009, 12:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbarry View Post

Anybody know if Microsoft even has an official position on this issue?

Is support officially dropped?

- Tom

Not one of Microsoft's greatest ventures to be sure. I wonder just how many people actually managed to play this title?

Anyway though I also own a copy and was able to play it, the effort was way too much for the reward and I double (actually triple) dipped this title and got the BluRay version.

That's probably the easiest way moving forward - no online DRM nonsense, TrueHD audio versus WMAPro and you can watch more easily on your TV/PJ

PS

[Mods -you can strike this out if you think I have gone off the straight and narrow, but earlier on in this thread (now deleted I think) were rather complex instructions on how to remove the DRM from the title. I followed them and it worked so I have DRM free versions of the four files but even so it's not the best platform to be watching the title.]
post #878 of 890 Old 02-21-2009, 01:35 PM
AVS Club Gold

Got it years ago and played once. Heard you could play it via hddvd drive connected to 360, didn't work. Got HDDVD, now BD. And there's another release.

"The purpose of diplomacy is to prolong a crisis." Spock, Mark of Gideon, TOS
post #879 of 890 Old 02-21-2009, 03:49 PM
AVS Special Member

At the risk of straying OT, I have triple dipped this title. The special edition Laserdisc(!), the WMV Pro version (in the steelcase) and now the BD version. I would only be persuaded to put my finger in the pie again if they went back to the original film elements (negative, IP or whatever) and rescanned it completely, at least to the same standard as has been done on the 007 movies.
post #880 of 890 Old 02-23-2009, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I think the license server still works but you need to use a specific version of WMP or something.
post #881 of 890 Old 04-03-2009, 07:19 PM

Does anyone know anything about this?? I've been trying to get it to work for an hour. I'm starting to think they no longer support it. I guess that's my fault for actually buying something. I figured I could use it forever. Guess not.
post #882 of 890 Old 04-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Advanced Member

There was an official patch to remove the DRM years ago. I believe this is it, I used it along time ago and it worked then, haven't verified with my current PC. Just delete the .txt extension and run it. Again no promises.

t2patch.exe.txt 482.4609375k . file
post #883 of 890 Old 04-20-2009, 05:32 PM

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this darn dvd to work. I've done everything that ppl have said to try, and still nothing will work. I am runing Windows Vista and WMP version 11. I want to watch the original theatrical version not the extended special edition. Can anyone help me?
post #884 of 890 Old 01-03-2010, 03:26 PM

any luck with this? I'm trying to play the damn drm file and all I get is this error page when trying to download the license. stupid global.licenseserver.com doesn't seem to exist anymore
post #885 of 890 Old 01-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

"welcome" to the club, I am afraid this is the indicator of what so called managed copy would bring to the table. I posted same issue I had with "Step Into Liquid" that license server.

I will stay away from any products with "phone home DRM scam" by these greedy studios.
post #886 of 890 Old 01-04-2010, 04:08 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Congress should pass a law, an explicit DMCA exception, that consumers are legally allowed to (somehow) remove DRM from any legally purchased media that becomes unplayable due to nonfunctional or no longer supported DRM. There are already DMCA exceptions for interoperability but it should be made explicit that once the DRM stops working the DMCA copyright legal protection is also void. (this would not grant any distribution rights)

This would remove the current incentive to Hollywood to sell things that will be removed from the market for sneaky technical reasons in a short time.

Congress would have no trouble compiling a long history of media purchases that are no longer playable and a would find very extremely short list of phone home DRM schemes still supported. It would thus be very easy to make a case that all such schemes seem designed to leave purchasers with unplayable media. At the very least this should require full disclosure. That is, if you are purchasing only a short term subscription they should be required to say so.

- Tom

post #887 of 890 Old 01-04-2010, 08:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Congress should pass a law, an explicit DMCA exception, that consumers are legally allowed to (somehow) remove DRM from any legally purchased media that becomes unplayable due to nonfunctional or no longer supported DRM.

The DRM is still functioning. It is denying access as intended.
Quote:

That is, if you are purchasing only a short term subscription they should be required to say so.

Sometimes it is sold as a lifetime subscription but ends up being short-term anyway.
post #888 of 890 Old 01-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Congress should pass a law, an explicit DMCA exception, that consumers are legally allowed to (somehow) remove DRM from any legally purchased media that becomes unplayable due to nonfunctional or no longer supported DRM. ...

Agreed. If a 3rd party license administrator goes out of business, the studios should either provide a permanent license (like DVD) or a tool to remove DRM. This is really appalling since the Artisan (and many other places) are STILL selling the movie online, and Microsoft uses it to demo HD video on their web site.

Amir, any info on synccast.com's status or demise?
post #889 of 890 Old 01-08-2010, 12:01 PM

I think I'll just download the blu-ray version via bit-torrent. I feel I'm entitled to.
post #890 of 890 Old 01-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Advanced Member

My copy of T2 WMV-HD was working fine until around June 09. At that point the global license server went offline...for good it seems. Getting it to work was a challenge to begin with. To just download the freaking license I had to setup a proxy server! LOL
Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page