AVS Forum banner

How about a thread for D-VHS coverart?

72K views 535 replies 63 participants last post by  SteveOwens 
#1 ·
Would anyone be interested in having a discussion on D-VHS coverart? I always make custom covers for my collection, and wanted to know if there were many others interested in this as well.

#52 ·
bwiklem...I might be willing to help you with custom requests for D-VHS coverart. Private Message me...

#53 ·
Many more covers going up this weekend.

#56 ·
I've got a couple questions for everyone regarding their DVHS covers.

1. What type of paper are you printing your covers onto? I've been using some HP glossy card stock, but not sure if that's the preferrred material.

2. What type of cases do you store your tapes in? From the pics, it looks like you've got some nice clear cases.

Thanks for all info!

#57 ·
1. Generally just ultra-white paper.

2. Just regular VHS cases. Mine have a slight texture to the window. I get mine from "99biz" on ebay.

#58 ·
I love doing D-VHS covers, but all that work may be for just another year...when BluRay or HD-DVD replaces my D-VHS collection.

Re: paper, I've started using medium weight/matte finish photo paper. It's cheaper than real glossy paper & more importantly wastes less ink. The quality is close to glossy, but not quite as good.

Re: cases, I bought my D-VHS cases here . They're a tad bigger than the cases D-Theater tapes come in.

I'll send Matt my D-VHS covers as well--the ones he doesn't already have.

#59 ·
Matt, here are the covers I have. Which ones should I send you? I think my covers are of different size than djdrock's since the VHS cases I use are of different size...

austin_powers_dvhs.jpg

bend_it_like_beckham_dvhs.jpg

black_rain_dvhs.jpg

blade2_dvhs.jpg

crimson_tide_dvhs.jpg

daredevil_dvhs.jpg

die_another_day_dvhs.jpg

die_hard3_dvhs.psd

dumb_and_dumber_dvhs.jpg

english_patient_dvhs.jpg

executive_decision_dvhs.jpg

face_off_dvhs.jpg

frantic_dvhs.jpg

goldeneye_dvhs.jpg

groundhog_day_dvhs.jpg

hunt_for_red_october_dvhs.jpg

in_america_dvhs.jpg

italian_job_dvhs.jpg

love_actually_dvhs.jpg

matrix_dvhs.jpg

matrix_revolutions_dvhs.jpg

minority_report_dvhs.jpg

naked_gun_dvhs.jpg

old_school_dvhs.jpg

professional_leon_dvhs.jpg

pulp_fiction_dvhs.jpg

raising_arizona_dvhs.jpg

red_dragon_dvhs.jpg

road_to_perdition_dvhs.jpg

runaway_jury_dvhs.jpg

rundown_dvhs.jpg

school_of_rock_dvhs.jpg

silence_of_the_lambs_dvhs.jpg

somethings_gotta_give_dvhs.jpg

startrek_firstcontact_dvhs.jpg

terminator3_dvhs.jpg

the_terminator_dvhs.jpg

tombstone_dvhs.jpg

true_romance_dvhs.jpg

underworld_dvhs.jpg

untouchables_dvhs.jpg

while_you_were_sleeping_dvhs.jpg

#64 ·
In the other thread, Matt has posted a few new ones. See that thread (My DVHS covers, or something like that, most likely on page 2 or 3) he lists what is now up as new. FYI and FWIW.

No matter, enjoy, this is really neat stuff, my only question would be has anyone done any of the LOTR's covers yet? They have shown on Starz-HD.

#67 ·
Nathan,

PM me with your email address and I will carbon you with any new coverart I have.

#70 ·
Hey guys. This weekend the waiting updates will be taken care off. Right now I am working on a screenplay and it is taking up a lot of my time. Meanwhile I have an ailing member of family that I am giving care to, so free time is limited.

But again, this weekend the titles remaining to be uploaded will be taken care of.

EDIT: OK, I just decided to cram the time in and now the site is updated with everything that has been sent to me. Anyone else looking to send me covers please email them to: mattstsevens @ deceptions.net

Obviously you need to take out the spaces in the email address.

http://www.deceptions.net/highdef/dvhs.html

#71 ·
I just sent both Matt and Nathan:

One Hour Photo (my completely custom cover)

Out of Time

50 First Dates (a little different version from that of Brajesh)

Eyes Wide Shut

The Cooler

Check both sites, as one may have them up before the other.

Enjoy!

#74 ·
I hope many of you find these useful. I figured it was better to share than just let them lay dormant on a harddrive.

#75 ·
I am glad that some of you are finding these useful. I figured it was better to share these than let them lay dormant on a harddrive.

More covers soon to come...

Fargo

Doc Hollywood (I just hope HBO shows it in HD)

Punch Drunk Love

Devil's Advocate

The Firm

#76 ·
One Hour Photo and 50 First Dates did not come through yesterday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.