How bad is the LG Combo $1,199 price tag is to single format players? - Page 3 - AVS Forum
1  2  3
HDTV Software Media Discussion > How bad is the LG Combo $1,199 price tag is to single format players?
ToddUGA's Avatar ToddUGA 07:16 AM 01-12-2007
Give me a dual-format player from a respected manufacturer around the $500 mark and I'm in. $1200 for a Goldstar? No thanks.

Bailey151's Avatar Bailey151 08:07 AM 01-12-2007
You folks crack me up.........."respected names" in an era of global sourcing & assembly - LMAO.

Two biggest pieces of crap I've ever owned were a Denon reciever & Panny TV - so much for the "name".
nataraj's Avatar nataraj 01:23 PM 01-12-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobius View Post

Uhhh, no, that wasn't 30 to 40 years ago. It was more like 15-20 years ago that the aforementioned companies weren't reputable as even mid-fi audio manufacturer's, much less as manufacturer's of plasma TV's, projectors, speakers, etc.

Who thinks speakers from Yamaha, Pioneer, JVC etc are mid-fi ... today ?
mobius's Avatar mobius 05:35 PM 01-12-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by nataraj View Post

Who thinks speakers from Yamaha, Pioneer, JVC etc are mid-fi ... today ?

They didn't make mid-fi anything back in the day. It was all perceived as cheap bells-n-whistles junk. Now, they all make pretty good mid-fi receivers. Yamaha and Pioneer have also made some strides in their speaker offerings:

Yamaha

That doesn't include the studio-level speakers that Yamaha manufactures.

Pioneer

The point is, I would no longer classify their offerings in the Kraco category- which is junk. I'm not saying that everything that LG manufactures is top flight, but I certainly wouldn't discount them on name alone. Especially if their product were to review well.
1  2  3

Up
Mobile  Desktop