Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickering Hound View Post

It's Zipatoni marketing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zipatoni

http://www.zipatoni.com/

And apparently the new bullet point on their dry erase boards for the past week is that its "easier" for Universal to release in Blu-ray than Fox and Disney to release in HD-DVD.

I'm curious, since you seem to know so much about them ... who are the posters here that are Zip-heads ( ), and how do you know what today's Zipatoni bullet-points are?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 69 Old 02-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilka View Post

I'm curious, since you seem to know so much about them ... who are the posters here that are Zip-heads ( ), and how do you know what today's Zipatoni bullet-points are?

Ever since he found about Zipatoni, he's done his best to insert it whenever he can.
post #63 of 69 Old 02-20-2007, 03:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plazman View Post

It is a safe bet that beatboy posted his meeting with this GM in response to the post by Eizenga13 who is a manager at a BB. AFAIK. So, since eizenga13 is a manager, beatboy goes to a GM

Funny stuff. Too obvious I say

NOT A BLANKET STATEMENT.... BUT:

The store GM's (MOST IF NOT ALL OF THEM) are WAY to busy with everything else in the store to focus too much on this silly little "format war" our GM is ALWAYS gone doing important 'district' stuff, it is the managers who run the day to day operations at a Best Buy...

Like I said it is NOT a blanket statement just a fact that MOST districts deal with, the GM RUNS the store he doesn't monitor our silly little war... unless he see's the interest like I do...

MY GM when I was a kid at Blockbuster told me that DVD was a silly fad like laserdisc and it wouldn't last MORON

post #64 of 69 Old 02-21-2007, 06:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyharmonies View Post

We already know what your report is going to say:

BB hasn't sold a single Toshiba player or Xbox 360 Add-on since inception, standalone BR players sell out weekly, BR titles are flying off the shelves whereas they can't give a single HD-DVD title away even for free.

In fact, as of Tuesday, BB will no longer be carrying HD-DVD players or titles because no one wants them, whereas at every Best Buy store customers line the aisles singing hymns of adoration to Blu-Ray.

".. in the name of the Sony, the PS3, and the holy Blu-Ray, Amen."

Did I nail it?

Great response.

I wonder if his report will also include his chastisements of random Formal Neutral people he will meet when he arrives there.
post #65 of 69 Old 02-21-2007, 07:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilka View Post

Ok...some clues for finding Zipatoni/Sony Marketing people.

Use the posting history on users.

If you see someone that has post after post slamming the Xbox 360...but somehow ends up buying a 360 HD-DVD add-on and THEN starts slamming HD-DVD....you probably have a marketer.

Look for recently signed up users. They like to use more than 1 account so they can first make a post, then have what looks like a bunch of people chiming in to agree with it.

See if you can find ANY posts that could be construed as being negative towards the PS3 or blu-ray. A real enthusiast would have SOME complaint about their chosen format. That would be a quick route out the door for a 3rd party marketeer.

"We did not have business relations with that company, Fuh Yuan."
post #66 of 69 Old 02-21-2007, 08:41 PM
rto
AVS Special Member

True story: I recently spoke with several lowly salesmen at an area Circuit City, and a GM at one the two Crutchfield retail locations. They all consistently reported that sales of HD-DVD stand-alones are outpacing those of BD machines by a wide margin. Guess what that means?...............................absolutely nuttin' in the wider context of this "war."
post #67 of 69 Old 02-21-2007, 09:49 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snickering Hound View Post

Ok...some clues for finding Zipatoni/Sony Marketing people.

Use the posting history on users.

If you see someone that has post after post slamming the Xbox 360...but somehow ends up buying a 360 HD-DVD add-on and THEN starts slamming HD-DVD....you probably have a marketer.

Look for recently signed up users. They like to use more than 1 account so they can first make a post, then have what looks like a bunch of people chiming in to agree with it.

See if you can find ANY posts that could be construed as being negative towards the PS3 or blu-ray. A real enthusiast would have SOME complaint about their chosen format. That would be a quick route out the door for a 3rd party marketeer.

Happing hunting grounds is on the Blu-ray threads, after conversion. Reporting problems are common from those guys on the HD DVD hardware side, then they start posting in the Blu-ray side. They usually don't respond to posts or PM when they state a hit and run issue, and its never a new issue, its an issue that has been widely reported before.

Mostly Nov 06 or later accounts. low post counts, start threads without responding to corrective feedback, lots of similar language.

With in two hours other low post count users chime in to agree.

Some cases are hilarious in their transparency. They are either pure trolls or viral marketers.

"A lot of good arguments are spoiled by some fool who knows what he is talking about." - Miguel de Unamuno

follow me on Twitter
post #68 of 69 Old 02-21-2007, 10:10 PM

Geez man, Viral Marketing should be banned in the US and all over the world. How dishonest can a company be to use Viral Marketing. Pretending to genuinely like something and lie to people about it on forums. Write your congressman!

"never give in, never give in, never, never, never, neverÂin nothing, great or small, large or pettyÂnever give in except to convictions of honour and good sense." - W. Churchill
post #69 of 69 Old 02-22-2007, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

At this rate, you can't say you like something, can't say you don't like something, can't talk about technical specs or headroom, or throughput, or data density, or burnable media. Can talk about hearsay, can't chat to friends in retail and make postings based on sales in various districts.

Can't put too much in videoscan numbers because it does not include amazon. Can't talk about amazon rankings in top 100 because that does not give true sales numbers. Can't talk about true sales numbers from videoscan today because there's not enough red movies released yet this quarter. Can't talk about red movies released this quarter because that's FUD and there will be an avalanche of red movies arriving after April. Can't question the names of red titles that can possibly come in April because that is also FUD.

Can't discuss comparable standalone BD & HDDVD players because there's shortage until recently and all HD-A1s are sold out. Can't talk about the stacks of RCA HDDVD players sitting in costco because the HD-A2s are now out.

Can't talk about the HD-A2s visible in B&Ms in February because HDDVD addon for 360 is selling like hot cakes. Can't talk about wide availability of 360 HDDVD add on in walmarts with the KK freebie because nobody wants the PS3 . Can't talk about PS3 outselling 360 historically launch aligned because those sales numbers that don't show sony in a bad light must be wrong.

This sounds like science based on faith. Or a better term is : religion.

What else can we talk about? Perhaps about how HD DVD was going to take over the world because Disney, Fox, Sony, MGM, Lionsgate have to come crawling back to HD DVD to plead for permission to make HD DVD movies? Is that the only topic we are allowed to discuss now without offending someone?
Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page