Blockbuster Blu-ray announcement: Master Thread - Page 28 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #811 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:21 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Monty22001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post

Absolute FUD.

They will continue their online presence as before, with new titles as before.

Their press release also indicates continued support at the 250 launch stores.

However, in truth, I have found Netflix to have much better support for both BD and HD anyway, as well as faster service and turnaround.

Now that Blockbuster is sending it's only advantage down the urinal, I think Netflix is the best game in town. Of course, some other chain may announce they will stocvk HD DVD in B&Ms also, to counter BB...

I thought you were going to organize a nationwide boycott of Blockbuster and Sony and BD and everything non HD DVD/Toshiba/MS/Universal.
Monty22001 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #812 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:22 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Jiffylush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 4,027
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post

I am assuming lots of organized BD posters sent in messages asking for it to be stickied. The same folks who often state that AVS is biased against bluray...

Or maybe the mods wanted to stop hundreds of individual threads from being started about the same thing.

No wait, yours is probably right.
Jiffylush is offline  
post #813 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Member
 
RyaninLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 32
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For those of you considering Sony as the Evil Empire, remember that little Cell Processor in the PS3 co-developed by Sony, IBM and let me think for a second.....TOSHIBA!!! Wow, talk about cutting yourself off at the knees. You make an investment in new tecnology that will be used in a rival format war. Why shouldn't Toshiba pull out now, cut their losses, produce blu-ray players and make profits off PS3 sales, and Cell technology. I mean look how many PS3's have been sold compared to stand alond HD-DVD players and I doubt Toshiba takes any loss on PS3 sales and their investment there. Boy I love a good conspiracy if that is where everyone want's to take this.

Realize they are both the Evil Empire and in the end if you hate one company for it's consumer approach, really shouldn't you dislike them all? Go off grid, stop watching TV, the marketing thrown at you and vote with a closed wallet.
RyaninLA is offline  
post #814 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:22 AM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Ken H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Metro Detroit
Posts: 45,876
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post

I am assuming lots of organized BD posters sent in messages asking for it to be stickied.

You assume wrong. I 'stuck' it because it was significant enough to merit the action.



Quote:
The same folks who often state that AVS is biased against bluray...

Just like the ones who say we are biased against HD DVD.

Since the volume of complaints from both camps is about the same, we feel we are unbiased.

'Better Living Through Modern, Expensive, Electronic Devices'

Ken H is offline  
post #815 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:23 AM
AVS Special Member
 
efjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Germantown, MD
Posts: 1,553
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by desmond212 View Post

no. although it is widely believed that sony will street and date it this wednesday (launch anniversary).

Ok thanks, strange then that BB is claiming demand for this title was one of the reasons for their decision.
efjay is offline  
post #816 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:25 AM
AVS Special Member
 
FrancescoP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numanoid101 View Post

I'm surprised nobody even bothered to look at the outrageous claim that "BB owns 76% of the market share" comments that have been posted several times in this thread.

I can assure you this is far from the case.

Lets look at real facts and not "AVS forum Facts":

Fact # 1: The 7.5 Billion was for US consumer spending: DVD rental transactions.
Fact # 2: The 5.5B revenues is accounting for worldwide sales. BBI has thousands of stores outside the US. 34.5% of revenue was generated in non-US stores.
Fact # 3: The actual world wide rental revenue for BBI (not counting late fees, merchandise, and PRP sales) was 3.34B.
Fact # 4: Therefore the actual rental revenue for the US was roughly $2.2B.
Fact # 5: This number includes video game rentals. We don't know if this is included in the "DVD rental transactions" from the article.

The same scrutiny will need to be applied to Netflix and Movie Gallery if you want an apples to apples comparison.

Clearly the 76% number is a bunch of BS, but has already been adopted as fact by a few people with blue glasses on.

Kinda sad really.

Thank you Numanoid101 for correcting me, I've updated my original post with your correction.

So can we assume that Blockbuster get a 29% marketshare (or less, if we consider videogames rental not included in the original DVD rental transactions number)?

If so, HD DVD can still retain the 71% of the rental marketshare (or more). This is definitely good news.
FrancescoP is offline  
post #817 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:26 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Amiable-Akuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post

You are trying to paint the picture of Blockbuster beingin its last chance to stay alive from going bankrupt. Having over 70% of the market share they are far from that position. And this re-organization of the company is long over-due considering how well Netflix has done..

Yes, and people seem to be forgetting that this move will actually DRAW people to go into Blockbuster stores, use Blockbuster more often. I mean I know stingy and offended HD DVD people won't but normal humans, PS3 owners, potential HD fans, and current neutral/BD supporters will flock to local Blockbuster stores to test out or get their quick fix in an HD format. This combined with the way that the Blockbuster Total Access program works and whatever else they've got planned goes - could make going to Blockbuster B&M stores the "way to rent" again. (if it wasn't "the way to rent already" - remember 76% of market share, folks)
Amiable-Akuma is offline  
post #818 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:26 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
rdjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 9,736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty22001 View Post

Well, I'm asking all out. Why? Why do you support hddvd when it's inferior technically and selling less?

If you can't answer that flat out, yes.. It starts to look just like a plot.

I've stated my reasons for preferring HD DVD many times in other threads.

At the risk of going off-topic, I will answer your question, since you have pushed it twice - but let's NOT debate it here, as it is not the place.

1) Players have more standard features as mandatory:
a) TruHD decoding
b) DD+ decoding
c) Network ports
d) Dual stream decoding for PiP
e) Full interactive language that supports Internet access and PiP, plus other features

2) Players generally half the price, in all the various categories, of the competing BD player options.

3) Almost all titles released on HD DVD are using VC1, which is a fantastic codec. Most releases have class leading quality which makes them easy to accept as keepers.

4) Most releases on BD are in Mpeg - close to 70%, in fact. The quality is variable, and not what I expect or want from a next-gen purchase. While more releases are now arriving as AVC encodes, these are still not the majority of what is available on the BD format.

5) HD DVD delivered on quality, not talk.

6) There are more releases that I would buy on HD DVD than on BD.

There, that's my answer, now back on topic?
rdjam is offline  
post #819 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post

Absolute FUD.

They will continue their online presence as before, with new titles as before.

Their press release also indicates continued support at the 250 launch stores.

However, in truth, I have found Netflix to have much better support for both BD and HD anyway, as well as faster service and turnaround.

Now that Blockbuster is sending it's only advantage down the urinal, I think Netflix is the best game in town. Of course, some other chain may announce they will stocvk HD DVD in B&Ms also, to counter BB...


You can't get much faster turnaround than walking into a Blockbuster after returning your Blu-Ray movie and picking out a new one..
Supermans is offline  
post #820 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:29 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Monty22001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post

I've stated my reasons for preferring HD DVD many times in other threads.

At the risk of going off-topic, I will answer your question, since you have pushed it twice - but let's NOT debate it here, as it is not the place.

1) Players have more standard features as mandatory:
a) TruHD decoding
b) DD+ decoding
c) Network ports
d) Dual stream decoding for PiP
e) Full interactive language that supports Internet access and PiP, plus other features

2) Players generally half the price, in all the various categories, of the competing BD player options.

3) Almost all titles released on HD DVD are using VC1, which is a fantastic codec. Most releases have class leading quality which makes them easy to accept as keepers.

4) Most releases on BD are in Mpeg - close to 70%, in fact. The quality is variable, and not what I expect or want from a next-gen purchase. While more releases are now arriving as AVC encodes, these are still not the majority of what is available on the BD format.

5) HD DVD delivered on quality, not talk.

6) There are more releases that I would buy on HD DVD than on BD.

There, that's my answer, now back on topic?


Most of that is opinion or out of date. So in general, I'll assume you don't care about technical matters.
Monty22001 is offline  
post #821 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:30 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
rdjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 9,736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by efjay View Post

The PR mentions Spiderman on BR? Has this actually been released?

Not yet, but the fact that BB mentions it in their press release over this BD support thing is further evidence that they have made some sort of financially advantageous deal with Sony in return, IMO.

I'm sure their competitiors and the FTC would love to know more...
rdjam is offline  
post #822 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:32 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Amiable-Akuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Originally Posted by Eric_Connelly:
"Its TV...its not the solution to world peace."
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleTheater View Post

People watching TV don't kill people. People NOT watching TV kill people.

Hahaha, LMFAO.
Amiable-Akuma is offline  
post #823 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:32 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
rdjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 9,736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

You assume wrong. I 'stuck' it because it was significant enough to merit the action.



Just like the ones who say we are biased against HD DVD.

Since the volume of complaints from both camps is about the same, we feel we are unbiased.

Fair enough on BOTH counts

FWIW, I don't "bash" AVS on other forums or my site - I think most folks here do a very good job of moderating, sometime under very challenging conditions.
rdjam is offline  
post #824 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post

I've stated my reasons for preferring HD DVD many times in other threads.

At the risk of going off-topic, I will answer your question, since you have pushed it twice - but let's NOT debate it here, as it is not the place.

1) Players have more standard features as mandatory:
a) TruHD decoding
b) DD+ decoding
c) Network ports
d) Dual stream decoding for PiP
e) Full interactive language that supports Internet access and PiP, plus other features

2) Players generally half the price, in all the various categories, of the competing BD player options.

3) Almost all titles released on HD DVD are using VC1, which is a fantastic codec. Most releases have class leading quality which makes them easy to accept as keepers.

4) Most releases on BD are in Mpeg - close to 70%, in fact. The quality is variable, and not what I expect or want from a next-gen purchase. While more releases are now arriving as AVC encodes, these are still not the majority of what is available on the BD format.

5) HD DVD delivered on quality, not talk.

6) There are more releases that I would buy on HD DVD than on BD.

There, that's my answer, now back on topic?

Blu-Ray can do all of what you talk about and more. I does it all with more bandwidth and more space to work with. Your argument of support only holds water back the first month of Blu-Ray's launch...Ever since the Ps3 was released, there isn't anything you mention that Blu-Ray can't do better...

However you are right rdjam, let's get back on topic. Blockbuster Video has really blown this format war wide open with a direct hit at the heart of HD-DVD.
Supermans is offline  
post #825 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:33 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WriteSimple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: KL, Malaysia.
Posts: 3,206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadeeu View Post

I think this just opens the door for Wal-Mart to begin renting HD DVDs in their stores to support their 2 million new Chinese HD DVD players that will be available this fall. Blockbuster can go the way of Toys-R-Us.

Didn't Wal-Mart deny this rumor?


fuad

"DonÂt let them tell you who you are is not enough, that itÂs wrong and that you wonÂt find love. DonÂt let them use my life to put your future down, or tell you that happiness canÂt be found."
WriteSimple is offline  
post #826 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Amiable-Akuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traelin View Post

Maybe I'm just an anal collector, but can someone please explain to me why you wouldn't rather buy the content? If you have the money to invest in one of these techs, you're obviously an avid movie-lover. So why wouldn't you want to build your own collection?

I honestly don't get the renting thing, I like to own my toys LOL.

Hey, I'm like you - but most EVERYBODY else absolutely is NOT. Just think about how all your friends and family do things regarding movies. Yeah, it's nutty but true. Besides even us "owning-advocates" love to rent to be able to know "what we want to own".
Amiable-Akuma is offline  
post #827 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:35 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ottscay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,656
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

Other methods of HD acquisition and storage, including downloads and non-mechanical storage are the future. End of story.

Not my future, and not my story. Even when the bandwidth problems are solved there is long way for software companies (and the studios) to go before I would ever be convinced that a download is something I own in the same sense that a disk is. And if any company(s) try to migrate customers to non-media based movies against our will (like say with a stalemate in HD optical media) they will rightfully incur a backlash from like-minded consumers.

Be a Reality fanboy.
ottscay is offline  
post #828 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WriteSimple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: KL, Malaysia.
Posts: 3,206
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiable-Akuma View Post

My GOD! 170 titles! That's even crazier then I expected. The trial stores have about 25 for each format right now. This is absolutely a HUGE, CRAZY, and ASSERTIVE move on the part of Blockbuster.

170 titles, say 5 copies per title in 1400 stores. That's 1,190,000 BDs.


fuad

"DonÂt let them tell you who you are is not enough, that itÂs wrong and that you wonÂt find love. DonÂt let them use my life to put your future down, or tell you that happiness canÂt be found."
WriteSimple is offline  
post #829 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:36 AM
AVS Club Gold
 
rdjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 9,736
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty22001 View Post

Most of that is opinion or out of date. So in general, I'll assume you don't care about technical matters.

2 of the 11 points are opinion (the last two). The rest are fact, and are not out of date, either.
rdjam is offline  
post #830 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Monty22001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Well, this thread has been blu-ray'd out, and I assume now that the hddvd people will come on and start to push how this all doesn't matter.
Monty22001 is offline  
post #831 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:37 AM
AVS Special Member
 
ottscay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,656
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken H View Post

Since the volume of complaints from both camps is about the same, we feel we are unbiased.

Lol, fair enough

Be a Reality fanboy.
ottscay is offline  
post #832 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:38 AM
Advanced Member
 
krinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Holloway View Post

I purchased an HD DVD player

I want to say THANK YOU to Blockbuster

They have started what will quickly become a landslide and kill one of the HD formats - my format.

But I'm actually happy.

This format war has been good for nobody. Certainly not us, not the retailers, the studios or even the two competing companies.

The sooner it's over and one prevails the better chance we will have of seeing a thriving disc based HD system rather than tow that are irrelevent.

So thank you Blockbuster. I chose the wrong format but never purchased any discs. Hopefully, Netflix, Best Buy, Wal Mart and Universal will all join quickly to put us all out of our misery.

Rob

This may very well be the best post I have ever read on AVS.

/salute
krinkle is offline  
post #833 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:38 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Monty22001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjam View Post

2 of the 11 points are opinion (the last two). The rest are fact, and are not out of date, either.

The rest of your points are.. about extras that are going to be finalized soon, and most people that have PS3's won't worry about..

Monty22001 is offline  
post #834 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Amiable-Akuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Stewart View Post

We love to use the term "format war" at these forums.

So here is my analogy as to what has happened:

Up until now the armaments being used were machine guns and 105mm howitzers. Now the BDA via BB successfully launched a missle at HD DVD and scored a direct hit. It was not a nuclear bomb - but it did a lot of damage.

Nuclear Bomb - Wal-Mart announces they will only carry BD - they did just ink a deal with Sony for sales of their LCD's. Could BD be far behind?

Oh and this story is flying around he world. It is already on CNN and many news oriented websites and I believe some newspapers already have the story.

When Sony makes a claim - everyone goes "big deal" or laughs. When Toshiba makes a claim - everyone goes "big deal" - just two warring companies "tossing" at each other - good drama

But when BB says they will only carry BD - everyone notices and all are saying the same thing - "this is a big deal."

Oh and for the 100 of you that are going to cancel your BB membership or continue to ignore BB . . . . .

"Big Deal!"

LOL! Yep!

I'm an HD DVD guy but hey, it's all sooooo true.
Amiable-Akuma is offline  
post #835 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Supermans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,086
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 34
One thing is for sure thanks to Blockbuster...


A stalemate sure isn't going to occur between HD-DVD and Blu-Ray.. Fighting? Yes it will.. Will HD-DVD have one last surge up its sleave? I hope so... Is the format war over? Not yet, but it is much close than before....
Supermans is offline  
post #836 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
iontyre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,207
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
So long y'all. Get back to me when I can get a quality BD player for under $200. Of course by then my kids will be in college and...oh well, you get the picture.
iontyre is offline  
post #837 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 AM
Advanced Member
 
krinkle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 858
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteSimple View Post

170 titles, say 5 copies per title in 1400 stores. That's 1,190,000 BDs.


fuad


I don't think these will be counted as part of Nielsen Videotrack, even though the number is impressive.

Blockbuster feels very confident that Blu-ray will win.
krinkle is offline  
post #838 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member
 
jdg345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2,792
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSimplePanda View Post

My copy of King Kong on HD-DVD doesn't have TrueHD for a very good reason... lack of space.

This "30 gigs" is enough argument just doesn't wash.

Actually, it doesn't have TrueHD because it was never sposed to get it ... confirmed by several insiders ... will this incorrect talking point ever disappear?
jdg345 is offline  
post #839 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member
 
desmond212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by krinkle View Post

I don't think these will be counted as part of Nielsen Videotrack, even though the number is impressive.

Blockbuster feels very confident that Blu-ray will win.

they won't.
desmond212 is offline  
post #840 of 2370 Old 06-18-2007, 11:41 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Monty22001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post

One thing is for sure thanks to Blockbuster...


A stalemate sure isn't going to occur between HD-DVD and Blu-Ray.. Fighting? Yes it will.. Will HD-DVD have one last surge up its sleave? I hope so... Is the format war over? Not yet, but it is much close than before....

Any 'surge' left will prolong the format war. At this point, why is that a good thing whatsoever?
Monty22001 is offline  
Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off