HDM Rumor thread! Put all rumors here. - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 03:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
"A FAN told you that? Umm.. I think we need slightly more credible info that that."

That's his point, he never claimed to have a credible source, but he PM'd BB77 to see if he heard anything about it. So BB77 takes that info and then posts here about hearing chatter from inside sources about this. Problem is BB77 pm'd him back saying he never heard anything about this. So given the facts you have to conclude BB77 used Hiddendepth as his so called "insider source" or he got confirmation from two BV insiders in under 5 mins.

This just completely exposes the truth about BB77, his inside sources are either made up or taken from other message boards.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 03:50 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Someone call 1-888-blu-ray.com and send the Smurf squad to do damage control please. For the love of God do it quickly, I'm loosing Beatboy's pulse.

Purple Hi-Def Owner

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #363 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:03 PM

I would not underestimate the effect of Jobs on the decision
People tend to think Steve is totally in the anti MS camp, but in reality his products both at Apple and Pixar compete with SONY.

Just think of the list
Animation films
Notebooks
Desktops
Phones
Video and audio editing software
Ipods
LDC displays

Jobs is getting more and more in the anti locked down DRM CAMP

Don't forget in the battle to attract discretionary spending from the consumer for the latest hot "must have product" the Iphone at its price point is a major dilemma for Sony in addition to the sting of having walkman loose out to ipod

Jobs is not only competitive but a shrewd business man. It is also pretty obvious that the HD group presented a very attractive promotional program, and it is likely that it was presented to most of the studios. In addition Hollywood has a herd mentality, if it is good for MMM then it must be good for us.

So neutrality or defection for other studios is not out of the question
Disney certainly invested a lot in HD works with MS on many levels
post #364 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:08 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Kettell View Post

A FAN told you that? Umm.. I think we need slightly more credible info that that.

exactly- BB77 posted this as insider info- I don't understand why he is still here- unless he is 10 years old enough of this nonsense

roma_victor
turgid member

Quote:" Originally Posted by beatboy77 ?
To paraphrase what both contacts at BV told me was internally they have heard this rumor for several weeks, yet nothing more has been heard about it. If they hear any further information, they will let me know.

Hidden's PM to me brought this rumor to my attention. That is why I contacted those I know at BV.

~Josh
I call shenanigans.

The default Blu-Ray.com time is 5 hours ahead of the default AVS time (for instance, the latest posts on Blu-Ray.com are around 8:15 pm now, whereas the latest posts on AVS are around 3:15 pm = 5 hours difference)
Assuming this is correct

HiddenDepth private messaged Beatboy today asking him if he knew something about Disney going neutral

At 3:38 pm Blu-Ray.com time (10:38 am AVS time) Beatboy private messaged back saying that “I have not heard even a hint of this.”

At 10:43 am AVS time (3:43 pm Blu-Ray.com time) Beatboy posts “I have actually heard a bit of chatter from contacts that Disney may go format neutral in Qtr 4, 2007…”

So, according to Beatboy, after he pm’ed HiddenDepth he
1) contacted at least two BV employees,
2) received confirmations from two different sources at BV of the Disney rumor, and
3) posted that information on AVS

all in 5 MINUTES"

Outright misinformation and lying should not be tolerated- geez these forums have science in the title....
post #365 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 359

post deleted/ infraction points given
post #366 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:25 PM
AVS Special Member

I do not see what is difficult to understand here. Hidden sent me a PM early this morning suggesting he had heard that his HD-DVD producer associate had heard rumors that Disney would release on HD-DVD in the 4th Qtr. I immediately contact the two insiders I know at BV and they both said they had heard the same rumor but had no further information. I then posted what they told me here a little while later:

Quote:

I have actually heard a bit of chatter from contacts that Disney may go format neutral in Qtr 4, 2007. We will see what pans out.

~Josh

You guys crack me up! My contacts have all been verified by the Mods here at AVS. It is as simple as that.

~Josh

hidefpreview
post #367 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:27 PM
AVS Special Member

"I do not see what is difficult to understand here. Hidden sent me a PM early this morning suggesting he had heard from his HD-DVD producer associate had heard grumblings that Disney would release on HD-DVD in the 4th Qtr. I immediately contact the two insiders I know at BV and they both said they had heard the same rumor but had no further information. I then posted what they told me here a little while later:"

All Within 5 mins people, BB77 is SUPER INSIDER, he's able to get inside info on anything in the industry from TWO sources in under 5 mins.

post #368 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatboy77 View Post

I do not see what is difficult to understand here. Hidden sent me a PM early this morning suggesting he had heard that his HD-DVD producer associate had heard rumors that Disney would release on HD-DVD in the 4th Qtr. I immediately contact the two insiders I know at BV and they both said they had heard the same rumor but had no further information. I then posted what they told me here a little while later:

You guys crack me up! My contacts have all been verified by the Mods here at AVS. It is as simple as that.

~Josh

Mods DO NOT verify your contacts: you are on your own

check the rules of this thread (top post)
post #369 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanlee View Post

"I do not see what is difficult to understand here. Hidden sent me a PM early this morning suggesting he had heard from his HD-DVD producer associate had heard grumblings that Disney would release on HD-DVD in the 4th Qtr. I immediately contact the two insiders I know at BV and they both said they had heard the same rumor but had no further information. I then posted what they told me here a little while later:"

All Within 5 mins people, BB77 is SUPER INSIDER, he's able to get inside info on anything in the industry from TWO sources in under 5 mins.

No, not correct. Hidden PM'ed me this morning very early. I then posted here at around 9:45 a.m.

~Josh

hidefpreview
post #370 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

Owned, by a Mod too.

Purple Hi-Def Owner

post #371 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

No, not correct. Hidden PM'ed me this morning very early. I then posted here at around 9:45 a.m.

~Josh

No.

As I previously posted,

HiddenDepth private messaged Beatboy today asking him if he knew something about Disney going neutral (he didn't specify when, but the timing of this is not relevant)

At 3:38 pm Blu-Ray.com time (10:38 am AVS time) Beatboy private messaged back saying that “I have not heard even a hint of this.”

At 10:43 am AVS time (3:43 pm Blu-Ray.com time) Beatboy posts “I have actually heard a bit of chatter from contacts that Disney may go format neutral in Qtr 4, 2007…”

So, according to Beatboy, after he pm’ed HiddenDepth he
2) received confirmations from two different sources at BV of the Disney rumor, and

all in 5 MINUTES.
post #372 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:38 PM

has anyone had a problem with disk 2 on the Heroes season 1 HDDVD set using a xbox hd drive? the other 6 dvds work, but disk 2 wont even show the title menu!
post #373 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:39 PM
Advanced Member

Asked and answered repeatedly in the HD-DVD players forum, check there.

Pierre

"...I probably won't even be allowed in your little man room anyway!"

"It's a man cave!"
post #374 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roma_victor View Post

No.

As I previously posted,

HiddenDepth private messaged Beatboy today asking him if he knew something about Disney going neutral (he didn't specify when, but the timing of this is not relevant)

At 3:38 pm Blu-Ray.com time (10:38 am AVS time) Beatboy private messaged back saying that I have not heard even a hint of this.

At 10:43 am AVS time (3:43 pm Blu-Ray.com time) Beatboy posts I have actually heard a bit of chatter from contacts that Disney may go format neutral in Qtr 4, 2007

So, according to Beatboy, after he pm'ed HiddenDepth he

all in 5 MINUTES.

Correct. At 3:30 p.m. Blu-ray.com time is when I contacted him back saying I personally did not believe Disney would because of the region coding issue.

Hidden's original PM was from much earlier in the morning.

~Josh

hidefpreview
post #375 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Correct. At 3:30 p.m. Blu-ray.com time is when I contacted him back saying I personally did not believe Disney would because of the region coding issue.

Hidden's original PM was from much earlier in the morning.

~Josh

It doesn't matter when HiddenDepth's original pm was.

What DOES matter is that at 3:38 pm Blu-Ray.com time (10:38 am AVS time), you pm'ed him saying that you are not even aware of a hint of Disney going neutral.
Merely FIVE minutes later, at 10:43 am AVS time (3:43 pm Blu-Ray.com time), you posted in this very thread saying that you heard chatter from sources that Disney is going neutral.

There are two possibiliies of what happened in those FIVE minutes that changed you from not knowing "even a hint" of anything to "hearing chatterings from sources":

First possibility: you

all in 5 MINUTES

Second possibility: you used HiddenDepth as your "insider" source, only to be exposed by his own admission (posted on this thread) that he is only a "fanboy" with no real insider sources.

Which possibility is more likely?
post #376 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneL View Post

It wouldn't bowl me over to learn Disney prefers BD because the hard coat makes it more kid proof (aside from large quantities of money from Sony)

Don't be so sure, Disney likes it when you have to rebuy their discs.
post #377 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:55 PM

The Marknator just laid down the SMACKDOWN!
post #378 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 04:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpalmieri1203 View Post

No but he is really not putting himself in a positive light with the hijinks he performs on this forum. He is also a grown man...which to me makes it scary that he would be making stuff up...

Thank god for the internet my friend, and thank god he is not my neighbor.
post #379 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 05:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 136
Did I just accidently drop into the Twilight Zone? Scotty beam me up!

Cheers,

Grant
post #380 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 05:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It doesn't matter when HiddenDepth's original pm was.

What DOES matter is that at 3:38 pm Blu-Ray.com time (10:38 am AVS time), you pm'ed him saying that you are not even aware of a hint of Disney going neutral.
Merely FIVE minutes later, at 10:43 am AVS time (3:43 pm Blu-Ray.com time), you posted in this very thread saying that you heard chatter from sources that Disney is going neutral.

There are two possibiliies of what happened in those FIVE minutes that changed you from not knowing "even a hint" of anything to "hearing chatterings from sources":

First possibility: you

all in 5 MINUTES

Second possibility: you used HiddenDepth as your "insider" source, only to be exposed by his own admission (posted on this thread) that he is only a "fanboy" with no real insider sources.

Which possibility is more likely?

Exactly! Prior to posting here, I responded to his PM giving him my opinion on the liklihood of Disney going neutral.

I simply posted here that I had heard of the rumor of Disney going neutral.

I read his PM this morning when I woke up. I responded to him and also posted here when I arrived at work.

~Josh

hidefpreview
post #381 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post

/beatboy77
post #382 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 05:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Hey, this is the Rumor Thread. If someone thinks they have valid rumor, I want to hear it. Elsewhere on this site you have to subscribe to get rumors. Keep 'em coming!
post #383 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 05:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Exactly! Prior to posting here, I responded to his PM giving him my opinion on the liklihood of Disney going neutral.

I simply posted here that I had heard of the rumor of Disney going neutral.

~Josh

I'm not sure I understand your post - are you acknowledging that the source of your post that you heard chatter from sources of Disney going neutral was HiddenDepth?
post #384 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 05:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I'm not sure I understand your post - are you acknowledging that the source of your post that you heard chatter from sources of Disney going neutral was HiddenDepth?

OK...a basic timetable.

Received Hidden's original PM this morning around 7:00 a.m. MST.

Sent emails to both BV contacts at around 7:05 a.m.

7:30ish took a shower and got ready for work.

9:30ish arrived at work.

9:40ish replied to Hidden's PM with my opinion on the Disney situation.

9:45ish got replies back from contacts when checking email and posted on AVS directly after.

That is the timeline for all of this.

~Josh

hidefpreview
post #385 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

these are the rules of this thread:

After a good amount of discussion and input from AVS members, we thought it best to start a catch-all thread for rumors. NOTE: We expect intelligent posts of honest rumblings in the industry. The more credible sources you can cite, the better.

Moderators have the right to question sources. Information supplied as a result of said requests will be kept confidential. If we're not satisfied, your post may be deleted. If it appears you're just posting to stir up flame, you may be suspended.

this applies to all: don't hide behind the mods: cite your sources

AVS members are asked to avoid just posting to stir up flames: this hurts the reputation of the site
post #386 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 05:11 PM
AVS Special Member

[deleted by mod: do not repost]

hidefpreview
post #387 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 05:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddelrio View Post

I'm not sure about that. The hard-coat is necessary for Blu-Ray because the data layer is so close to the surface. I'm not sure which format is more kid-proof.

I think Disney would press in sealing-wax if they thought people would be willing re-buy every three years.
post #388 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Sorry wrong again, you PM'd Hidden Truth the following at 3:38pm

his reply was Today at 03:38 PM:

"I have not heard even a hint of this. I do not beleive it will happen as Disney demands region coding.

~Josh"

So in a span of 5 mins you go from "I have not heard even a hint of this" of this to

Today, 10:43 AM= 3:43pm BLU-RAY.com time

"I have actually heard a bit of chatter from contacts that Disney may go format neutral in Qtr 4, 2007. We will see what pans out.

~Josh"

Sorry but your own words have just proven what others here have said, your contact for this rumor was Hidden Depth.

post #389 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

OK...a basic timetable.

Received Hidden's original PM this morning around 7:00 a.m. MST.

Sent emails to both BV contacts at around 7:05 a.m.

7:30ish took a shower and got ready for work.

9:30ish arrived at work.

9:40ish replied to Hidden's PM with my opinion on the Disney situation.

9:45ish got replies back from contacts when checking email and posted on AVS directly after.

That is the timeline for all of this.

~Josh

It's quite a coincidence (and convenient) that both of your BV insiders happened to respond to your inquiries within the five minute window between 10:38 am AVS time (when you told HiddenDepth that you knew not even a hint of Disney of going neutral) and 10:43 am AVS time, when you posted here that you are aware of chatter from sources (multiple) of Disney going neutral.
post #390 of 1560 Old 09-05-2007, 05:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

It's quite a coincidence (and convenient) that both of your BV insiders happened to respond to your inquiries within the five minute window between 10:38 am AVS time (when you told HiddenDepth that you knew not even a hint of Disney of going neutral) and 10:43 am AVS time, when you posted here that you are aware of chatter from sources (multiple) of Disney going neutral.

No, I checked my email between when I PM'ed Hidden and posting here. That is when I received the replies from my insiders at BV.

~Josh

hidefpreview
Closed Thread HDTV Software Media Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page