post #91 of 99 Old 03-23-2008, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbarney View Post

The format has... yes. And they will no longer make the machines either, but regardless to that, there are still something like a million machines out there and creating HD DVD's is still very much alive so calm down a little.

Exactly, I'm hoping something as easy as creating an HD DVD on DVD-R will come out soon for Blu-ray that will play on all machines and not just a select few (I.e. PS3).

Following this thread, I have yet to see that.

At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it.

My Little Theater
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 Old 03-31-2008, 09:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sivartk View Post

Exactly, I'm hoping something as easy as creating an HD DVD on DVD-R will come out soon for Blu-ray that will play on all machines and not just a select few (I.e. PS3).

Following this thread, I have yet to see that.

FYI, Circuit City has 50-pack HP 16X DVD+R and DVD-R media on sale for $9 with no rebates (18 cents a peice!). I bought some there a while back for $11 and use them to make HD DVDs. I also make some AVCHDs, but they do not work on all Blu-ray players. Also, I can actuall play video files from the HD DVD/DVD-R discs on a PS3 because they are MPEG2.
post #93 of 99 Old 03-31-2008, 10:40 AM
AVS Special Member

The best place to go is Doom9 forum. There`s so much than can be done with AVCHD videos (although not compatible with all players); A LOT.
Ive been making AVCHD discs of my mkv files and they all play perfectly with Dolby, DTS or PCM tracks.

A Home Theater Enthusiast!
post #94 of 99 Old 03-31-2008, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakashizuma View Post

The best place to go is Doom9 forum. There`s so much than can be done with AVCHD videos (although not compatible with all players); A LOT.
Ive been making AVCHD discs of my mkv files and they all play perfectly with Dolby, DTS or PCM tracks.

What do you use to convert .mkv files to AVCHD?
Is it easy?
post #95 of 99 Old 03-31-2008, 11:40 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdog View Post

What do you use to convert .mkv files to AVCHD?
Is it easy?

It's not easy; but doable.
Here's how it goes :

1)Extract the streams from mkv and make them separate using MKV Extract.

2)Choose the streams you want.

3)Use H264info to make x264 streams AVCHD compatible (not re-encoding; it only changes flags and metadata on the stream). MPEG2 streams don't need any fixing and you barely find any VC1 streams. use 4.1 setting for the level

4)Use TsMuxer to mux the fixed x264track with the audio tracks you want (could be multiple audio tracks) and make a TS file

5)Now you can TSRemux to either make a BMDV folder and burn that folder by nero using UDF 2.5 setting

I watched many stuff (including HD TV shows) this way. You can also use Nero to play around with AVCHD files and add menus and such.
Doom9 is an amazing place. They help you as much as they can and you can find lots and lots of information over there.

post #96 of 99 Old 03-31-2008, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Here's how it goes :

3)Use H264info to make x264 streams AVCHD compatible (not re-encoding; it only changes flags and metadata on the stream). MPEG2 streams don't need any fixing and you barely find any VC1 streams. use 4.1 setting for the level

4)Use TsMuxer to mux the fixed x264track with the audio tracks you want (could be multiple audio tracks) and make a TS file

5)Now you can TSRemux to either make a BMDV folder and burn that folder by nero using UDF 2.5 setting

I watched many stuff (including HD TV shows) this way. You can also use Nero to play around with AVCHD files and add menus and such.
Doom9 is an amazing place. They help you as much as they can and you can find lots and lots of information over there.

Doom9 is great. Thanks for you help too!
post #97 of 99 Old 04-02-2008, 10:26 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

Here's how it goes :

Thanks for the quick guide ... I've been attempting to make AVCHD discs for a while and this has gotten me the closest yet. When I loaded up my disc, the audio seemed fine, but the video seemed to be on fast forward. Any ideas on where I messed up?? (I'm guessing I didn't select the right options in h264info - I used the 4.1 level, and kept the framerate at 59.94 - for my 720p video - but left everything else at the defaults) Any thoughts????
post #98 of 99 Old 04-02-2008, 04:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bct103 View Post

Thanks for the quick guide ... I've been attempting to make AVCHD discs for a while and this has gotten me the closest yet. When I loaded up my disc, the audio seemed fine, but the video seemed to be on fast forward. Any ideas on where I messed up?? (I'm guessing I didn't select the right options in h264info - I used the 4.1 level, and kept the framerate at 59.94 - for my 720p video - but left everything else at the defaults) Any thoughts????

In h264into, make sure "Write PPS every picture" is checked.

Also in TsRemux, make sure "Bypass audio allignment" is NOT checked!

Try them. Sometimes these two are the source of problems.

post #99 of 99 Old 04-03-2008, 09:36 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:

In h264into, make sure "Write PPS every picture" is checked.

Also in TsRemux, make sure "Bypass audio allignment" is NOT checked!

Try them. Sometimes these two are the source of problems.

Thanks! I'll try those settings tonight!
Reply HDTV Software Media Discussion

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page