Hey guys, I have a newer intel iMac 2.8 Ghz, 4GB RAM, running Leopard, that is in my home office. I would like to use this as an HTPC as I can't afford a mini at the moment.
1) Displaying Leopard on my tv, and using internet, apps, etc. Working with my wireless keyboard/mouse.
2) Watching stored Blu-ray and DVD movies from the iMac or an external storage device onto the tv.
3) Listen to my iTunes library on my HT receiver.
4) Watch all my iMovies, Flip videos, iDVDs, and iPhotos on my tv.
5) Stream content from Hulu, Vimeo, Youtube, Netflicks, etc.
6) Connect cable to my iMac and use it as another DVR for HD content, then stream this to my tv.
I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of at the moment!
I've read up on many ways to do these things, but still have many questions...
My first question is:Can I have the iMac in the office away from my living room and still control it on my Sony lcd with my wireless keyboard/mouse, and with the iMac display mirrored?
If this isn't viable then I won't go forward. Any help will be appreciated!
Btw My tv is a Sony KDL-40V2500 LCD, no HDMI's left open, but it does have a PC input (VGA)
I also use a Harmony remote to control everything in my HT.