Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 44 Old 09-13-2009, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Latest server version: 1.0.2 (released 17th June 2009)
Requires Leopard (let me know if you require Tiger support). Now supports PowerPC.

I just took a look -- would love to try it, but the computer I'm using EyeTV on is running tiger to maintain compatibility with some other programs. I know.... I know... it's been stable. I don't want to screw anything up Any chance of a Tiger version, or has that ship sailed ?
post #33 of 44 Old 09-14-2009, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
A couple of times lately Snatch has stopped responding altogether (connect "light" green, but EyeTV remote does nothing, restarting the app simply causes the connect light to turn and stay red).

No problem: I'll fire up Poke Eye -- but Poke Eye tells me it can't find the server. Yes, the Poke Eye Server is running. Tried from two different iPhones. Any ideas?

Conceivably a neighbor could have been stepping on my 802.11G network, although the iPhone was still showing a full strength WiFi connection -- but I never verified that it was working 100% by running say the Apple Remote (I'll remember next time). Was recording something at the time, so I couldn't reboot the Mac to see if that would fix anything.
post #34 of 44 Old 10-12-2009, 04:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Well, under Snow Leopard Poke Eye is rock solid.

Snatch on the other hand has become totally unusable -- it will work for a little while after a reboot and then refuse to connect evermore.

Setok, I hope you are still working on a Poke Eye update.
post #35 of 44 Old 10-12-2009, 05:22 PM

Liked: 13
After trying just about all the remote control apps under the Sun, I've settled on Rowmote Pro. It has decent support for EyeTV, but most of all I like its "universalness".. I can control everything I need on my Mini in a single app.
post #36 of 44 Old 10-13-2009, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTekAlex View Post

After trying just about all the remote control apps under the Sun, I've settled on Rowmote Pro. It has decent support for EyeTV, but most of all I like its "universalness".. I can control everything I need on my Mini in a single app.

The last I tried Rowmote it didn't work with EyeTV properly (left/right arrows weren't working in EyeTV) -- this what I wrote the Rowmote guys after I tried it:
Quote:

I purchased Rowmote last night, and love the easy setup and responsiveness, but it doesn't really work with EyeTV, which is what I mainly use my Apple Remote for (I am about to switch to a Mac Pro which doesn't have IR, thus my need for your App). So far as I could tell only play/pause, volume up/down were working in EyeTV. Menu launched Front Row,

Here is what the Apple Remote does when playing back a recording in EyeTV, but not in Rowmote:

Right arrow, short press, skip forward. Long press, fast forward. Left arrow skip back/rewind. As far as I could tell right/left arrows in rowmote did nothing.

As the short press/long press thing may not be obvious with the iPhone, you may just need two sets of left/right arrow keys.

In EyeTV menu mode, up/down arrows should scroll up/down through the menu choices -- instead I think they were still trying to control the volume.

Menu: short press EyeTV Menu, long press: Front Row.

Has it been fixed?
post #37 of 44 Old 10-13-2009, 08:54 PM

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Todorov View Post

The last I tried Rowmote it didn't work with EyeTV properly (left/right arrows weren't working in EyeTV)

I believe it works in the latest version.. The vertical arrows scroll through the menus and horizontal trigger ff/rewind. The menu button brings up the controls window.

They also added additional control buttons:
LL
post #38 of 44 Old 10-15-2009, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

I tried Rowmote last night, EyeTV does indeed trigger the screen you picture. However, the skip forward/back keys continue not to work -- only FF/RW does, and I vastly prefer the Skip. Thus I am back with PokeEye -- speaking of which, while the controls in it work fine, the recording list tab is now broken.
post #39 of 44 Old 02-24-2011, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I know this thread is old, but do any of you still have the Poke Eye Server program? The web site seems to be down, so the iPhone app is useless...

JBL ScreenArray Cinema | 9.4 Surround | 136" Scope
post #40 of 44 Old 02-25-2011, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasHansen View Post

I know this thread is old, but do any of you still have the Poke Eye Server program? The web site seems to be down, so the iPhone app is useless...

Unfortunately even with the server I don't think Poke Eye works at all anymore. Some combination of an EyeTV upgrade/Mac OS X upgrade/iOS upgrade seems to have broken it.

A crying shame, because it was by far the most reliable and best designed with potential for future growth EyeTV remote. I guess it wasn't making any money for Kristoffer (Setok) (he can be found on Twitter, @setok) to be worth further development. Wish he'd change his mind, or open source what he had.

I primarily use Snatch -- it has by far the best designed mouse and the EyeTV remote is decent. You need to restart the server from time to time.

Rowmote works also, but boy is it an orgy of poor design. Just look at how they misuse the massive screen real estate on their iPad version. Mouse -- tiny buttons on the bottom -- why, oh why?
post #41 of 44 Old 02-25-2011, 06:34 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Just an fyi, Poke Eye still works fine for me, Ted: 10.5.8, EyeTV 3.5, iOS 4.1 on iPhone, 4.2.1 on iPad, even with 2.2.1 on a 1st gen Touch. Like you I use Snatch a lot as well, Rowmote hardly ever.
post #42 of 44 Old 02-25-2011, 08:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Maybe Snow Leopard broke it? Anyone out there successfully using Poke Eye under 10.6?

Does the recording list feature still work? (That broke for me first).
post #43 of 44 Old 02-27-2011, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Guess what -- PokeEye does still work with the latest and greatest setup (10.6.6, etc.). I don't know if I screwed something up or it genuinely didn't work with some combination of MacOS X/EyeTV and I just gave up. Thanks as always Chef for setting me straight.
post #44 of 44 Old 02-27-2011, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Is this app not developed anymore?
Reply HTPC - Mac Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page