Mac Mini + Panasonic VT50 = ARGHHHH - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-22-2012, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just purchased a Panasonic VT50 to replace my 6 year old Sharp Aquas and while the picture is DRASTICALLY superior, I am having some serious issues getting the picture to look right through the Mac Mini running PLEX. ( which was never an issue with the Sharp)

Off that bat, when I hook up the Mini via DVI->HDMI I notice I have the option of 24HZ or 60HZ in the system properties of the mac and am not sure which one to use. Secondly, when changes to 24HZ, I then have the option of 48HZ, 60HZ or 96HZ on the VT50 ( again, not sure what to choose)

The bottom line is , EVERYTHING looks like video instead of a smooth 24 frame picture and I am not sure how to get it to look "right". I have turned off motion smoothing, NR, ETC with no help. If anyone could point me in the right direction, that would be great. Thanks in advance.

ALso, is this still an issue with the new mac mini ( with the built in HDMI ) ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-29-2012, 07:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Well, I believe your issue is just with movies since with TV shows we are accustomed to 60hz. I haven't personally run Plex on OSX since 8.5 and it was an older HDTV than yours. If you're wanting to try to keep the film look, I suggest using something that is a multiple of 24, such as 48 or 96.

I may have a similar issue soon, since I plan on getting the VT50 and use a late 2009 mini as my HTPC. The only thing that works in favor, I only go to the movies, maybe, once a year, so I'm use to seeing the 60hz for everything. Lesson, don't go to the movie theater, LOL.
Reply HTPC - Mac Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page