Thinking about getting an EyeTv HD - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 08-23-2012, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been using a hauppauge USB hybrid stick to record my SD and HDTV OTA with eyetv 3 software, and it works really well, however I have a cable box with HD channels and I've been thinking about getting the EyeTV HD to record them. I have already done some research and I've gotten over the fact that can't record in glorious 5.1 but, but there are a few things stil bothering me, e.g.

I've looked everywhere and couldn't find if my cable box (cisco explorer 4640hdc) is capable of outputting tv signal from both the HDMI and component at the same time. which takes me to the other question.

If the box itself is tuned on espn, can I change the channel on the eyetv hd without actually changing it on the box and vice versa?

I hope someone who actually owns the device can chime in, any help will be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-25-2012, 10:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evildude View Post

I've been using a hauppauge USB hybrid stick to record my SD and HDTV OTA with eyetv 3 software, and it works really well, however I have a cable box with HD channels and I've been thinking about getting the EyeTV HD to record them. I have already done some research and I've gotten over the fact that can't record in glorious 5.1 but, but there are a few things stil bothering me, e.g.

I've looked everywhere and couldn't find if my cable box (cisco explorer 4640hdc) is capable of outputting tv signal from both the HDMI and component at the same time. which takes me to the other question.

If the box itself is tuned on espn, can I change the channel on the eyetv hd without actually changing it on the box and vice versa?

I hope someone who actually owns the device can chime in, any help will be much appreciated.

I have an EyeTV HD unit. Pretty neat. It is connected to a Motorola VIP 1232 PVR. It doesn't have a tuner so you can't record one program while have the TV on another channel. HDMI and component often can't be operating at the same time. It depends on your box. In some cases you have physically remove the HDMI cable in order to activate component ( a switch box will work).

If you really want 5.1 audio why not use the Hauppauge HD PVR which is similar to the EyeTV HD (but too many wires)?

Philip
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply HTPC - Mac Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page