iTunes 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 11 Old 11-29-2012, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Is out officially. Anyone try it? Any problems for people with large lossless libraries, etc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 11-29-2012, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have it installed. I had to modify a couple of scripts for media import. Seems that the new iTunes required a "tab" key press after selecting a playlist to activate the window and enable the select all option.
post #3 of 11 Old 12-01-2012, 05:53 AM

Liked: 12
In Albums only, artwork for music videos didn't show up for me until I selected a track from within the album. From that point on all was good.

I hate all this downtime in between drafts...(unidentified Lions loyalist '2004)
post #4 of 11 Old 12-01-2012, 09:58 AM

After experimenting with it further, a tab keypress isn't necessary for scripts unless you have enabled the sidebar.
post #5 of 11 Old 12-01-2012, 10:21 AM
AVS Club Gold

Liked: 15
The UI is radically different. Quite confused me for a bit. Muddling through getting adapted. We mostly listen to one Smart Playlist (EARLY MUSIC: "Classical-", w/o "Christmas" = all our music from ~1000 to ~1780) via shuffle, dropping the just played tune off the list so no repeats. Very used to the UI with large pics of the current song's album cover. Now it's a list of all albums and one selects the list icon in the Now Playing indicator to bring up a drop-down list of songs to come. Album icons are way too small!

If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.

post #6 of 11 Old 12-03-2012, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I miss cover flow other than that it seems more responsive and 95% of my music is in lossless with the exception of one hit wonders I purchased in iTunes.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-08-2012, 07:11 PM

I'm not updating because of the loss of cover flow, many reports of slow searching or crashing while searching large libraries and the extra hassle of all non iTunes movies being sent to "home movies". I browse through my movies & tv shows on my big screen in cover flow, have 2 TBs of media and am always adding new stuff I've encoded so updating to a program that removes all the functions I use sounds dumb.
post #8 of 11 Old 12-23-2012, 08:59 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

I upgraded soon after my original post, and iTunes 11 seems very responsive compared to 10.x, no crashes. All in all, big step forward.

Experiencing podcasts episodes disappearing from iTunes after I listen to them on my iPhone (auto-delete podcasts on the iPhone is OFF). Anyone else? Am I missing some other setting?
post #9 of 11 Old 01-08-2013, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Todorov View Post

I upgraded soon after my original post, and iTunes 11 seems very responsive compared to 10.x, no crashes. All in all, big step forward.
Experiencing podcasts episodes disappearing from iTunes after I listen to them on my iPhone (auto-delete podcasts on the iPhone is OFF). Anyone else? Am I missing some other setting?

I don't want to go to far off topic, but my iTunes setup got much better when I stopped using it for organizing and syncing podcasts.

I had tried the Apple Podcast app and found it lacking, then gave an app called "downcast" a try - it's terrific! It handles subscribing, syncing and playback of podcasts across multiple devices using iCloud.

Just a great app, and allowed me to quit using iTunes for podcasts completely.
post #10 of 11 Old 01-20-2013, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Davis View Post

I don't want to go to far off topic, but my iTunes setup got much better when I stopped using it for organizing and syncing podcasts.

I had tried the Apple Podcast app and found it lacking, then gave an app called "downcast" a try - it's terrific! It handles subscribing, syncing and playback of podcasts across multiple devices using iCloud.

Just a great app, and allowed me to quit using iTunes for podcasts completely.
Sounds interesting, but from what I can tell it is an iOS only solution which doesn't work for me -- I have 704GB worth of podcasts right now -- I need a Mac client/server as well.
post #11 of 11 Old 08-27-2013, 02:02 AM

I wouldn't want my podcasts separated from my audio books, spoken word albums and talk and story radio stations. They all make better sense together. I haven't has any problems with iTunes crashing because of podcasts or anything else.
Reply HTPC - Mac Chat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page