Mac OS apps no longer tune DCT-6200 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 01-06-2013, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello, For the past year I have been using FireRecord to capture, via Firewire, HD programs from a Motorola DCT 6200. All has been working well. FireRecord has been able to change the channels at the scheduled time.

Some time recently, FireRecord and AVCBrowser lost their ability to effect channel changes (Deterministic Tune). An attempt to change the channel causes the new channel number to appear in the DCT display, with an almost immediate return to the current channel. Oddly, that action also causes the guide to be presented on the TV connected via to the component video/audio ports. This happens eben when using up/down in the Deterministic Tune pane of the Panel.

I can change the channel using the Keyboard side of the AVCBrowser Panel page using direct entry of a channel number or up/down. I've confirmed that the generated AV/C Command is (or seems to be) correct.

I'm wondering if there is a preference file somewhere that may be corrupt. I've not found one.

Several hours of trial and web searches have not provided any clues nor solutions. I'm looking for help.

Thanks,

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 01-06-2013, 07:26 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I wasn't aware anyone still used FireRecord or AVCBrowser. It's been years since they've been mentioned. Sorry I can't help, last time I used FireRecord was maybe 4 years ago and I never tried to program recordings with it, or change channels with it, it was crude and barely adequate then, now, who knows...best of luck, though. Recording over FireWire has been on life support for some time...
post #3 of 5 Old 01-06-2013, 09:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 47
I use it every day.
post #4 of 5 Old 01-07-2013, 04:44 AM - Thread Starter

As mentioned, it has, until recently, been working fine for me. I have been recording HD movies, with 5.1 surround sound, from the HD cable channels. I then process the resultant files with Handbrake (Apple TV 3 settings) and keep the MV4s in my iTunes library, ready for playback through one of my Apple TVs. I can still do it if I manually change the channel before the scheduled recording begins. FireRecord, while minimal in features, still works well for my use. I had retired a PPC PowerMac (Leopard), but now it is my network media server.

Still looking for the resolution to the issue. It could be the 6200, but I had it completely reset this afternoon. That didn't fix the problem.

Brian
post #5 of 5 Old 07-29-2013, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

Why would you write this? How does it answer the question?
Reply HTPC - Mac Chat

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page